Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Slow colonization. [Re: Wapo]
    #1526931 - 05/07/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like my spore supplier has had some trouble with spores being quite impotent lately. This is based on some key other searches. I'll have to contact them.

This may be why I'm seeing NO growth in the majority of my jars, and very slight albeit slow growth in others.

I'll try to salvage the ones I can this weekend, and start making my own syringes.

I really didn't think it was anything I was doing.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemajik_monkey
Always Learning
Loc: machu picchu
Re: Slow colonization. [Re: u4ia]
    #1527833 - 05/07/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your spore syringe is another issue, but the fact that you have mycelleum growing and that it has not spread indicates problems with your environment. I.e. moisture of substrate, air exchange and temp. I dont know how you are checking the temp of your incubator, but you should have a air temp guage on the bottom of the rubbermaid your jars are in. low to mid 80's is good for the heater since your doing just a couple pf jars. I would accomodate for 2ish degrees increase since a closed jar with mycelleum can genereate that much heat....thats not a crucial parameter though. I believe that stamets says 95 is the threshold of fatality for psylocybes, and you were near that....its probably the temp. I'm guessing, since you used pf, that the moisture content is good and air exchange is also good. the myc will take 2-3 days to recover from the heat exposure and then should grow at a normal pace (also consider that much of it has died and there are less points of innoculation). 1.5-2.5 weeks and you should have a colonized jar. After 1.5 weeks, if there is no appreaciabe growth, then revaluate. My 2c. -MM

--------------------
There are more important things in life than just being really, really, ridiculously good looking. -Zoolander

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Slow colonization. [Re: majik_monkey]
    #1528014 - 05/07/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It has spread.

Just ridiculously slow.

I made some syringes, got some new pre-made syringes, and a pressure cooker.

Going to start over a few different ways, and see whats going on. I've got a new incubator setup as well, instead of the "large" one I have, I've replaced it with two smaller ones for the new grow. Should be easier to maintain, and regular temp.

The old one is still going strong with the shit batch.

Thanks.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Slow colonization. [Re: u4ia]
    #1546142 - 05/13/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Out of 18 jars, I've kept 8.

Rest showed 0 amounts of growth. They also smelled like shit, so I was trying to remove any contams as well.

The 8 jars are about 30% visually colonized. Slow, yes, but what can I do.

I've acquired new syringes, new prints, HEPA room filter, Nice Pressure Cooker, and I've made some custom lids as per 6T's tek's.

I got about 24 more half pints to work with, which will take place over the next few days, and hopefully I will get moving again.

I also completely removed anything other than microscopy research products from my lab, and am fairly confident I reduced by a great %, the number of contams.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying, the new jars will overtake the old slow ones in terms of colonization speed. I learned a few good steps, and have been reading daily, so I have a much better head on my shoulders.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale