Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Taliban was a great government...
    #1525438 - 05/06/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

((The Taliban was a great government and I wish they could help again to rebuild Afghanistan. The situation in our country is miserable now?))

Hamid Karzai (Prime Minister of Afghanistan - 4 May 2003) from Aljazeera TV

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (05/06/03 06:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Zahid]
    #1525478 - 05/06/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

America made him say that. :smirk:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1525548 - 05/06/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yep. He was, after all, "installed" by America and is nothing more than a "puppet" of Bush and the pipeline crowd, right? He has no choice but to spew American propaganda.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Phred]
    #1525550 - 05/06/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yep.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Zahid]
    #1525805 - 05/06/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I knew it, that's it, i'm a liberal!

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1527032 - 05/07/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good ole honest objective al-Jazeera. Lets see, 4 May, that was jus a few weeks after they told the world how we are getting our ass kicked by those Allah-be-praised Iraqi' warriors and their fierceness, wasn't it?

Just curious :0
Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1527035 - 05/07/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think that comment also shows whats wrng with the arab world. They have never had exposure to democracy. The only way ARabs understand and obey a government is if they are forced to do so, upon threat of death. Thats just how they work. I predict that the factions coming to gether in Iraq to form a united government wil ljust power struggle for 100% domination of the other ones.

Americas Iron Fist can do mor eto govern these animals than they can.
jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Anonymous

#1527097 - 05/07/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: ]
    #1527148 - 05/07/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If your the average farmer in Afghanistan...or goat herder, or whatever the fuck it is they do. Wouldnt YOU rather have the Taliban? I would...

Instead of a country with barely any crime, no drugs, and a stable, if not strong, infrastructure, you now have rampant crime and warlords, the highest drug cultivation rate in years, and no government oversight of any public facilities, roads, or anything.

I dont blame Hamid. We destroyed the country, with reason, but the least we should do is not desert them months later. And we wonder why America breeds resentment...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1527232 - 05/07/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good post madtown

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Xlea321]
    #1527239 - 05/07/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i'm just not sure why it was directed at me.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1527339 - 05/07/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Apologies...I'm still a quick reply addict...I'll try to reform myself, really I will.

Sorry.  :smile:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1527418 - 05/07/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Americas Iron Fist can do more to govern these animals than they can.
jr

Ah, at least your being honest now. I don't have the time nor inclination to point out the error in your thinking, but such attitudes can only lead to the downfall of our species. You need to visit other countries and open your eyes to different cultures, and ways of life....and hold the appropriate 'respect'. Have you ever travelled overseas?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1527451 - 05/07/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My guess NO !
Quote:

Americas Iron Fist can do more to govern these animals than they can.
jr

WHAT THE FUCK???

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: trev]
    #1527470 - 05/07/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I lived in the UAE for a year in grade 10. While sharing similarities, our cultures contrast as night doth day. Living among them i respected thier traditions (arrived during ramadan, and had to avoid eating/drinking in public) as i was a guest in thier land. Different, does not mean they are animals although the UAE is one of the most "westernized" countries in the middle east, the culture there is still unique. And other countries (like saudi) still are against women showing thier faces and what not...things i dont agree with, but i respect that as the way they have lived for centuries, and feel no need to push my culture or beliefs upon them....no matter how much i disagree. If only we can all just understand that.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1527659 - 05/07/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

do you respect how the taliban executed women that didn't cover their faces? Differences are OK, but morality carries across the board Maybe we should have "respected" how hitler gassed teh jews, after all, thats just how they live over there! Under your example in the UAE, if we visited germany in Hitlers times, weshould have even helped gass the jews, right? Wrong. As for America ruling with an Iron Fist, would you rather live in America the way it is now, or in Iraq under their "interim government". America, of course. We'll force freedom upon them! (that was sarcasm)

Jr

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1527718 - 05/07/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I disagree. Fighting and surpression will always be, whether from a dictator in a third world country, or as forcefull "liberation:" of countries that have a different take on life. To you the taliban are murderers for killing the women who showed her face, yet i feel equally angry when i hear of an innocent going to jail over 20 years for a roach.

My point is people are different wherever you go, and just because stoning a women for showing her face is horrible to you, doesn't mean that hasn't been the law as long as she has lived.

Its like saying to the cops "smoking pot isn't bad, so don't punish me". It was against the law where i live, and i broke the rules. Yet many would support the jailing of pot smokers in america.....just like in afgahnistan they support the stoning of the women who showed her face.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1527793 - 05/07/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it doesn't matter if it's part of their culture or it's been the law as long as she's lived.

stoning women for showing their faces in public is wrong.

just as it doesn't matter that oppression of pot smokers in america is part of our culture and they've been getting put in jail since long before you and i were born.

slavery was deeply engrained in american culture at one time...

it's still wrong. there ARE moral absolutes, and stoning a woman for showing her face is a violation of them.

there are other aspects of islamic culture, such as fasting during ramadan, daily prayer... even things down to the clothes they wear, food they eat, and music they listen to.

these are aspects of their culture which should absolutely be respected. but 'culture' as an excuse for mysogyny and forceful victimization of innocent women is something this world needs alot less of.

Edited by mushmaster (05/07/03 02:07 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1527881 - 05/07/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No. Your completely wrong. YOU have one set of morals. Someone in Iraq or wherever may have a completely DIFFERENT set of morals.

Morals are ingrained on you by your experiences, teachings, and influences. They arent present at birth. Everyone has different morals. A police officer may not believe that smoking pot is morally wrong. So according to HIS morals, its not. Yours may be different.

Theres more to the world than one little mindset....

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Taliban was a great government... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1527939 - 05/07/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

not this moral relativity bullshit. please.

what defines a culture? how big and established must a group be before it's actions can be just shrugged off as 'part of its culture'.

let me ask you, if i had a large cult which practiced child molestation and human sacrifice of unwilling victims, would this be ok because it was a part of our culture?

what if in my family, we have a tradition where when one of us moves into a new neighborhood, they poison one of the neighbors?

what if you live in a tribe where it is customarily mandatory for young women, upon reaching pubery, to have their clitoris cut off? you've got a daughter, who doesn't want to go through this mutilation. you certainly don't want to see her put through this extremely painful and sometimes fatal act of mutilation. oh well.. it's a part of the tribe's culture... i guess your daughter's just gonna have to live with no clitoris... no harm done... it's just part of your culture, right?

what if i just feel like killing you? i mean... maybe i don't think it's wrong...

no. initiating force against innocent people is wrong. it doesn't matter if it's part of a cultural practice, or a person's individual moral code, or even by law. according to ted bundy's moral code, it was ok to kill boys and collect their bodies in his basement. this doesn't make it right.

i could get into the actual philosophical foundations which this principle rests on, but i think my examples should be enough.

Edited by mushmaster (05/07/03 03:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag