Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecheech101
most likely alittle hazy

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon
mixing tsp honey with water???
    #1527904 - 05/07/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

my doctor read this on a website for jars with vermiculite and brf:

ADDITION #1: This additional step is not necessary, but it will help your crop to produce up to 25% more shrooms. If you take one cup of the water and before you add it to the dry mix in the bowl bring it to a boil in the microwave. When you take it out of the microwave, while it is still hot, immediately stir in one teaspoon of honey (any kind, but organic is best). Then add the water to the dry mix in the bowl (along with the rest of the water) and stir as directed. What this honey does is add more nutrients and dextrose (sugar) to your substrate which is just more FOOD for the mycelium to consume (meaning more shrooms).

I have never heard this anywhere else other than www.shroomwizard.com and was wondering if it really worked because my doctor used this method when inculating his latest jars.

--------------------
"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: cheech101]
    #1527988 - 05/07/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it will work.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemoldmaster
mold fighter forlife
Loc: contamville, Trich
Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: Magash]
    #1528121 - 05/07/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What they fail to tell you is that damn honey also helps create contamination. If you use the honey, make sure your contamination skills are up to speed.

--------------------
Wham bam kick yo ass contam. Mold doesn't even dare to enter my shit because I have the remedy

Anonymous

Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: moldmaster]
    #1529545 - 05/08/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was just thinking, let's say you dunk your cake after birth. So you prepare a normal pf cake. You put a peroxide solution (1:10 h202) in a ziplock bag and add a table spoon of honey to that. Microwave the bag for like 2 minutes, let cool, and then dunk your cake into that. Wouldnt that add a shitload of nutrients to the cake, I mean that is why you are adding honey right? Also, since you nooked it and then droped the cake into that, the time to be contaminated is so limited. Like imagine this setup. You use the oven tek. Nuke your juice (honey, peroxide, water) and let that cool in the MW. Then you birth the cake into tuppaware on the over rack, take your juice and fill the tuppaware all the way to the top (even let it overflow a bit that way you are putting as little air in that thing as possible) and close it. Clean it off with some alchohol because you spilt some of that water and put it in the fridge for 12 hrs. I think I've got something here.

Anonymous

Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: ]
    #1529555 - 05/08/03 02:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, for some reason, I don't think you can nuke the honey. But even if you cant, imagine just doing what I said and instead of adding the honey before, you add it right after you make the peroxide water solution you would normally make for dunking. That still should really help keep the honey contam down (especially if it is a well colonized cake).

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1529586 - 05/08/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I think dunking your cake in honey water would invite contamination in. I mean once you take it out, it is exposed to the air that contams use to travel...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Anonymous

Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1529601 - 05/08/03 02:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I understand that. But an 100% colonized cake isn't that open to contams, that is why people dunk cakes safely. Contams need substrate and once mycellium gets hold of all the substrate, it'd be hard (not impossible though) for contams to get into it. I realize that by adding more nutrients, such as honey, you are opening it up to that, but if the honey juice is sterile, if the oven tek is used, if your cake is colonized well, if you keep the case clean in the fridge, you are going to be supercharging that cake.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1529671 - 05/08/03 03:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The honey provides nutrition for a wide range of uglies.... try it but dont eat from it if it's starting to go....
P#1

Anonymous

Re: mixing tsp honey with water??? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1529691 - 05/08/03 03:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've convinced someone who PM'd me about this to try it on one of the pf cakes he will be innoculating on sunday. He says he will post a grow log.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation