Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1527527 - 05/07/03 02:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have been increasingly annoyed with the amount of guy's that check out my girl. Usually when we are out on the town it is common to catch guy's looking at her and I pass it off as no big deal and take the accomplament of having a gorgeous girl by my side but lately it is becoming rather stressfull. I really don't know why I am allowing it to get to me but it is none the less. Today for example while walking from Trish's work place to the cafe a few streets down we had passed 5 groups of people and in each group there was two to three guy's who would make cat calls at her, looking directly at her while we were holding hands. Even before we made it to the cafe some guy asked her for her number WHILE WE WERE HOLDING HANDS! I wanted to beat the guy to the pavement for trying when obviously it won't work. So now I am back at home trying to understand why I get so defensive when other guy's stare. I do trust Trish that she is not cheating behind my back but it is hard not to have those thoughts when I am confronted with this daily. Can somebody ensure me that this is normal and I am worrying to much? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: azurescending
Re: Confuzed... [Re: FlusH]
    #1527565 - 05/07/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know why anyone would hit on your girlfriend WHILE you were with her. That's horrible. Maybe just say something to them, like this is my girlfriend.. Or ask her if she minds if you respond for her, in situations like that - so you can say "this is my gf, she's not interested." that sucks.. but congrats on having a good looking girlie.

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1528558 - 05/07/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to be human instinct. We can't help it, but it makes us feel like what we have could get taken from us, and that we might not be good enough for them. But, have you tried talking to her about this? Let her know how this affects you, without coming across as a very jealous person. Just say it concerns you.

Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Confuzed... [Re: Sheepish]
    #1529055 - 05/07/03 11:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Its natural, im sure you dont wanna lose her, and thats a good thing. Just remember not to take it too far, and remember you would prolly check out girls if you were single, maybe not while they were with their b/f's...but ya know. Dont be the crazy over protective guy, but dont let her go either :] Maybe talk to her about it?

Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Confuzed... [Re: tak_old]
    #1529461 - 05/08/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the input, I was just ready to rip the next guy's head off after that event earlier in the day. I have talked about this with Trish, she makes a point of telling people like that she is taken, and I trust her. I guess I just needed to let some steam off.

Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #1555229 - 05/17/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If your girlfriend is as hot as she sounds, you just can't blame guys for checking her out. They are just succumbing to their most human instinct.

The guy who asked for her number is a fucking idiot. If he keeps that up, eventually some other chick's less patient boyfriend will snap his frigging neck, so don't worry about that.

Can somebody ensure me that this is normal and I am worrying to much? 

It is VERY normal. It is NOT wrong or unfair or even necessarily rude. Next time some guy checks her out, accept it. Say to yourself "It's okay. Any guy who wouldn't check her out is obviously gay."  :grin:

Seriously though, guys check out girls. It's a fact of life. I'm sure you can't say you don't.

I don't know your girlfriend, but there is no way a hot girl is going to walk by me without me sneaking a peek. And I'm not a bad guy at all. The important thing is that you don't act on these feelings of jealousy.

And hey, you already got the girl, what are you worried about?   

Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being