Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

eBay Shop for: Lab Glassware

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephishstix
canuck
Glove Box
    #1527461 - 05/07/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hi yall im a newbie to this board but ive grown boomers before, where i live its legal. i just want some advice or help please

i need a glovebox, and i was wondering what yall built yours out of, how much it cost to build, do you have a pump hooked up or do u just spray lots of lysol or something?

any help would be great

danks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Glove Box [Re: phishstix]
    #1527480 - 05/07/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I built mine out of a clear rubbermaid bin. I used 2 blue gloves i found at home depot(hardware store), and some kind of pipe thing from the plumbing section. This piece of pipe is mounted on some metal thing with holes, and is allowed to spin freely. I mounted the metal outer ring to the plastic bin, and cut a hole in the bin where the center of hte metal/pipe is. I then put the gloves over the pipe, and i can stick my hands trhough the holes from the outside, and spin them prett good on the inside, and work with objects pretty well. It cost me about $10 - $15 USD total. I could have done it better, but for what we spent, it works. I would like to have some sort of filter & air exchange, but im too lazy. It works. Peace

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Glove Box [Re: tak_old]
    #1527488 - 05/07/03 02:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Looked Something like this:

If you use some k ind of box that opens only from 1 side I.E: Has hinges on 1 side. Make sure you put the holes on the right side, or trying to get your hands out will be a bitch.

Offlinephishstix
canuck
Re: Glove Box [Re: tak_old]
    #1527545 - 05/07/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks dude

looks like ill be venturing to wally world and home depot later.

just got equadorian, amazonian and florida coast spores in the mail

any idea which grows the fastest? which is most potent? which has biggest yields? anyone?

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1527562 - 05/07/03 03:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

checkout the FAQ it has some documents on gloveboxes made from some very cheap materials but still serve there purpose. i think 9er or alien glovebox one of the other.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinemoldmaster
mold fighter forlife
Loc: contamville, Trich
Re: Glove Box [Re: socratesmind]
    #1528143 - 05/07/03 06:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I made my glove box for about 5 dollars. A plastic container and some gloves. Cut two circular holes in the side and duct tape the gloves to the container. I use the box every week to make syringes and have never had a contamination problem.

--------------------
Wham bam kick yo ass contam. Mold doesn't even dare to enter my shit because I have the remedy

OfflineKafkaPie
Prawn Toast

Re: Glove Box [Re: moldmaster]
    #1561484 - 05/19/03 10:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

please help! :frown:

does anyone have any good hints or tips or tricks in cutting out the arm holes in a plastic sterlite container?

I'm scared to continue, pressing too hard and it starts a jagged crack.. (I know its only 5 bucks.. but still...)

a jig saw? hand saw?.. maybe a power drill and just do lots and lots of dots in a circle.. and then go easy with a saw to connect those dots.. ?? 

--------------------
gris gris. mojo. voodoo. ya ya.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Glove Box [Re: KafkaPie]
    #1561507 - 05/19/03 10:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Try drilling out an outline with a hand drill, not an electric one. Then you can just play... connect the dots. Or just drill one hole, then stick a small jigsaw or hacksaw blacde through that and cutt away =). Good luck bro

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Glove Box [Re: lemunhed]
    #1566074 - 05/21/03 03:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you could also spenf $100 for a 5in hole saw and another $400 for a drill to opperate it....I have used a scroll saw and a coping saw....coping saws are about $5 at hardware stores or you can rig up a wire on a piece of piece of metal and drill a hole to put the wire through, heat the wire and guide it through....

another way is to score the plastic repeatedly with a sharp knife and it will break out after a few sharp taps....

P#1

OfflineKafkaPie
Prawn Toast

Re: Glove Box [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1578029 - 05/26/03 11:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

whats the general rule of thumb.. for spraying the inside of a glove box with lysol.. before clicking a lighter to heat-sterilize your scalpel or innoc loop?

(I have yet to do it.. and I dont want to loose any fingers...)

or else.. could you just have a little shot glass full of isopropal and have the blade or loop sitting in there till needed?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1578339 - 05/26/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

please help! :frown:

does anyone have any good hints or tips or tricks in cutting out the arm holes in a plastic sterlite container?

I'm scared to continue, pressing too hard and it starts a jagged crack.. (I know its only 5 bucks.. but still...)

a jig saw? hand saw?.. maybe a power drill and just do lots and lots of dots in a circle.. and then go easy with a saw to connect those dots.. ?? 

Obtain a cheap knife, lay it on a stove burner. Heat that bitch up and cut.
It melts like butter, baby..... 

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #1579405 - 05/26/03 09:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

whats the general rule of thumb.. for spraying the inside of a glove box with lysol.. before clicking a lighter to heat-sterilize your scalpel or innoc loop?

I would give it about 20 minutes, mate suure every thing you need is in the box, spray and wait about 20.....it gives every thing enough time to settle and the VOCs time to flash off....

Quote:

or else.. could you just have a little shot glass full of isopropal and have the blade or loop sitting in there till needed?

Great idea...except...bump it and it spills...sets everything ablaze....PF recomended using the bottom but unless it's borosilicate you run the risk of it cracking...you can buy alcohol burners for about $8 after shipping....I have a really cool butane one and a wickless model that are spill proof..you cant tip the butane burner and it gets to about 2500F....sterilize the scalpel in 2 seconds....really damned expensive though....as soon as the new ware house is done that will change...I'll be importing them and alot of glassware directly....starting into the wholesale market...

P#1

OfflineKafkaPie
Prawn Toast

#1579455 - 05/26/03 09:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

I'll be importing them and alot of glassware directly....starting into the wholesale market...

P#1

sweet, let us know when you're up and running :-)

(is a butane torch lighter or just a regular zipo a bad idea in a glove box?)

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1579465 - 05/26/03 09:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here is an old post of mine..
Hope it helps.  :smile:

Inexpensive Glovebox 

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #1579472 - 05/26/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

butane torch is fine but the naptha burns dirty.....make sure it has a stable base or the ability to relight quickly....a cig lighter works...but is a bitch to light with gloves on.....and when the waare house is finished and stocked.....you'll know...the world is getting spammed.... j/k...I hate spam...

OfflineKafkaPie
Prawn Toast

#1579609 - 05/26/03 10:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks Effed, yah that thread has sorta been my inspiration for the last couple of weeks, I used your design and check out this link from Nasa

http://spacelink.nasa.gov/Instructional.Materials/NASA.Educational.Products/NASA.Student.Glovebox/Student.Glovebox.pdf

which has a nice way of using 32oz cups for the arm holes...

yes I did use a cardboard office paper box, but sprayed the inside with adhesive spray and laid down plastic over the walls, bottum and lid of the box - so I wouldnt soak or otherwise destory the box with lysol or contams.
I think if I were to redo this box, I'd might use contact paper, it would be hell of a lot easier... thanks guys!!

--------------------

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1622459 - 06/10/03 12:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Is it just me or does Sharron Lucid (<--cool last name) look like the bride of frankenstien in that picture (on page 16 of 30). Shes kinda hot though. In a creepy sorta way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

eBay Shop for: Lab Glassware

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation