Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBom_Tombadil
ShRoOm GrOwEr & EaTeR

Re: Should my fans be placed here, or here? [pics] [Re: Junior Fungus]
    #15228905 - 10/15/11 10:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the biggest mistakes newbs make is not following teks

--------------------
"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJunior Fungus
Golden Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec Flag
Re: Should my fans be placed here, or here? [pics] [Re: Bom_Tombadil]
    #15231400 - 10/15/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Be that as it may, I am still in accordance with my tek's guidelines.
"Fan 5-6 times a day" Yes sir, I'll have my automated fan system take care of that for me!
I'll make sure the RH doesn't drop below 95% while my system is in action. I'm just striving for consistency in the frequency at which fresh air and mist are delivered to my SGFC, to potentially increase my yield on this upcoming batch.

--------------------
My Grow Logs:    Psychoactives:mushroom2:      Edibles & Medicinals 

OfflineLuckyFlorida
Eeire Shadow
Male

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #15232080 - 10/16/11 12:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A closet and a fan.. Hmm I'm sort of new to this and don't have many yields under my belt; however, I believe the key is Fresh Air Exchange. So being in a closet doesn't really provide the "freshness". From what I understand you'd just be circulating the same air. I might be wrong, but I read a post by RR recommending cracking a window and forgetting teh fan. If the SGFC is built properly than it should circulate air sufficiently by itself without the need of a fan. Although I still fan my with my lid a few times a day but not electric shit. Anyway its just my opinion and understanding. Again I'm sort of new and just regurgitating information told to me. Good luck bro. I wish the best for you

--------------------
" I am who I am and I do what I do. Tag, Skate, Get high, and live knowing I'm a die"

GIFSoup

OfflineJunior Fungus
Golden Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec Flag
Re: Should my fans be placed here, or here? [pics] [Re: LuckyFlorida]
    #15232810 - 10/16/11 08:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I completely agree with you. I may have been misleading when I said the SGFC was in a closet, since the closet door is always open. There will be an oscillating fan in the basement as well, and although I would love to open a window for FAE, winter's coming along and that would ruin my 70-75F temperature range.

I appreciate the input nonetheless  :billymaythumbup:

--------------------
My Grow Logs:    Psychoactives:mushroom2:      Edibles & Medicinals 

OfflineLuckyFlorida
Eeire Shadow
Male

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #15274179 - 10/24/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I definitely understand your concern on the temp drop. What I do that seems to work pretty well to my knowledge at least is I crack my window before I got to bed for like 10-20 mins. I can definitely tell the difference too. When I first crack it I can smell the same odor in the house (not that its bad, just noticeable) and after awhile laying there you can start to smell the outdoors and fresh breeze. After I notice that I usually wait a few more mins and then shut the window and repeat each night. Now give its only around 50-60 degrees outside right now but I don't think it will hurt as long as you don't leave it open too long. Just enough to get some fresh oxygen inside and maybe some CO2 outside. (unless you got plants inside) which is something I'm thinking of fuckin around with as a experiment. Again just my theory and thoughts. Look into and again, best of luck homie. :thumbup:

--------------------
" I am who I am and I do what I do. Tag, Skate, Get high, and live knowing I'm a die"

GIFSoup

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]