Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Pharmahuasca - advice?
    #15271355 - 10/24/11 02:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am thinking of finally doing pharmahuasca, which I have had the ability to try for several years (I hope my syrian rue is still good), yet have not yet done due mostly to trepidation.

I think I may go for it tomorrow, depending on the weather, and I'm curious as to how different the character of the trip is from magic mushrooms, in terms of how it affects one's thought processes - and really any other useful comparisons anyone can think of. 

I tend to prefer to trip by myself, and have taken mushrooms more times than I can count on a dozen people's hands, so I should be okay without having to think about a sitter or anything like that right?

I was thinking of taking 3g of syrian rue tea and then 200 or 250 mg of DMT in a capsule 45 minutes after the rue.  I weigh about 250 lbs.  Does this sound like a good dose for a first try?

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: the spiral]
    #15271402 - 10/24/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'd take a bit more rue and less Dmt. Don't do your first time on anything new alone in case you are allergic for example to the rue. Beware rue tastes terrible. Look up my microwave rue extraction tek as it's a lot easier to take pills than drink the stuff.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #15271464 - 10/24/11 02:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eywa_devotee said:
I'd take a bit more rue and less Dmt. Don't do your first time on anything new alone in case you are allergic for example to the rue. Beware rue tastes terrible. Look up my microwave rue extraction tek as it's a lot easier to take pills than drink the stuff.

think you could give me a link?  I had considered doing a harmaline/harmine extraction but figured tea might not be that awful.  Now it looks like I'll be extracting after all.

Any tips on how much more rue / less DMT and why?

Thanks for the advice about an allergy.  I'll make sure someone else is home at least.

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#15271504 - 10/24/11 02:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

the spiral said:
Any tips on how much more rue / less DMT and why?

i've never tried it personally, but you may want to read the posts that joemolloy made about that subject in this thread here.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: awakendone]
    #15271674 - 10/24/11 03:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Agree... More rue less DMT

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: HarryL]
    #15271682 - 10/24/11 03:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

how much/how much less?  they do allow dosing info on this forum these days don't they?  hmm i should check the rules; it's been a while.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#15272876 - 10/24/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would not recommend doing over 120mgs of DMT orally your first time

I usually take 150mgs and that is SUPER fucking intense for me. I usually take 4 grams of syrian rue as well.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: clemens]
    #15272908 - 10/24/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Shit, I'd recommend 80-100mg of DMT for a first trip.  You never know how your body will metabolize the harmalas and DMT.  Oral DMT can sometimes throw you extended breakthroughs where you are stuck "there" for a long time.  If DMT treats you nice, then cool, but its real easy to panic if shit gets strange.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: joemolloy]
    #15272923 - 10/24/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I would say 100mgs because I find the pharmahuasca to be very very gentle.

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15273543 - 10/24/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There was something on erowid that said most people found 100 mgs "disappointing" - but it is impossible to know how my body chemistry will work until I test it out.  I definitely appreciate the advice.  I think I'll start my syrian rue extraction now =)

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#15273567 - 10/24/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im not an expert but I have seen more then 3 people take 100mgs and have a nice 2-3 hour experience, not to intense at all but very visual still.

My first real pharmahuasca dose was 175mg, I was seeing female goddess ect...

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15273595 - 10/24/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

what is the best and easiest way to go about extracting the actives from syrian rue seeds?  I read some teks that involve acetic acid and organic solvents and things like that, which I'd rather not have to bother with unless absolutely necessary.  Could a simple methanol or even ethanol (vodka) extraction work?  Acidic water , brought to a boil, filtered and then boiled off?  Can anyone offer suggestions on how to do this properly?

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#15273613 - 10/24/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just make syrian rue tea, taste like coffee brewed in someone's asshole

We made some syrian rue putty once, that wasn't bad at all. No nausea and I swallowed it like a pill.

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15289168 - 10/28/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

just drank 5.7 g of rue boiled with ~ 2 g ascorbic acid.  I boiled it down to a managable amount to drink without being disgusting.

in approximately 43 minutes, will be taking what almost reached .1g, or 100 milligrams, of N,N-dimethyltryptamine on my scale.

wish me luck!

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#15289176 - 10/28/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

solid dose

its fucking amazing

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15289189 - 10/28/11 12:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was inspired to do this because earlier today my best friend who somehow had never before smoked DMT was introduced to it, but wasn't up with his technique or something like that and wasn't able to feel it much, despite my really LOADING the bowl.  When I finally got back by myself, I had to try it and make sure it hadn't gone bad or something.

It hadn't.  And it was beautiful.  And since I haven't started swelling up yet or anything I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about being allergic to syrian rue.  Now - time to just let the metabolism do its thing so i can drink coca-cola with DMT in it.

Edit: Wow, didn't know rue would be so active! it actually feels nice.  My face feels warm but there is no flushing.

Do I have to worry about the fact that I'd gotten these syrian rue seeds at least two years ago?  I would hate to waste precious DMT if the MAOI dose were too low ...

Edited by the spiral (10/28/11 01:08 AM)

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15289251 - 10/28/11 01:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If anyone could give music advice or anything like that I'd appreciate it!

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15289298 - 10/28/11 01:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

45 minutes have passed.  DMT ingested.  The point of no return has been passed.  Oh shit!

?holds on to seat of pants:

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
    #15289344 - 10/28/11 01:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Listen to String Cheese Incident.... or Shpongle.... or the sounds of DMT Land.

He probably wont get this message until his trip is done.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: JimLahey]
    #15289414 - 10/28/11 02:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Divine Moments of Truth ~ Shpongle

that is my favorite way to consume DMT, pharmahuasca is amazing.

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15295384 - 10/29/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

wow.  I'm kinda speechless.

I listened to music for a bit but I sat in the dark in the quiet for most of the experience.  I'd try to describe it, but words seem to fail.

Thank you for all the advice everyone; you were spot-on.  Much appreciated.

--------------------

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
    #15295944 - 10/29/11 03:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet! I am hopefully going to try ayahuasca/pharma soon. Just need to choose if I want to do pharma first or the traditional brew of caapi and chacruna. Congrats bro!

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmahuasca - advice? [Re: JimLahey]
    #15298083 - 10/30/11 01:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JimLahey said:
Sweet! I am hopefully going to try ayahuasca/pharma soon. Just need to choose if I want to do pharma first or the traditional brew of caapi and chacruna. Congrats bro!

Had I had more patience, I would have boiled down the syrian rue extract to the point where i could scrape it up and put it into gel-caps.  As it was, I came very close to puking on numerous occasions and wasn't able to eat until about 12 hours afterwards.  I've heard that B. Caapi is a bit more gentle - at least in terms of the way the trip feels.  I have no idea how true or untrue these reports are, but probably will try the B. Caapi at some point in the near future.

This was a truly profound event.  I remember thinking over and over, once it had mostly ended, "Jeez, am I ever going to be the same?" and I think the answer is no - but I think it's a good "no". 

This definitely isn't for everyone.  There's the guy posting about how he wants to kill himself and whether he should try ayahuasca in order to fix himself, and I can definitely say - in my opinon - that's a terrible idea.  As my case proves, it doesn't matter how seasoned a psychonaut you are; DMT - be it in pharmahuasca, ayahuasca, or freebase form - is virtually guaranteed to crack your head open and make the universe burst out.

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#15301990 - 10/30/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Glad you had the experience :tripping:

I enjoyed listening to music on the come down but I fully agree with you about taking it in darkness.

I want to try taking pharmahuasca or aya in a  ceremonial sense. I need to go visit some fucking mistro shamans

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds