Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerfick
shroomist
Questions for experience cultivators
    #1527105 - 05/07/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is my second time cultivating, once again I am using the BRF/VERM method, this time in half-pint jars. My goal is to get about 5-7 grams per half-pint jars and I was wondering if this is possible? I am using the B+ strain, but if that strain doesnt achieve that yield, I'll buy other strains. Also, last time i cased with a bottom layer of vermiculite, the mycelium, then another layer of vermiculite. Is there any better casing layers that help the yield more than that method? Thanks

Fickster

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Questions for experience cultivators [Re: rfick]
    #1527115 - 05/07/03 11:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i hear verm/coir or the verm/peatmoss or any of those are better than just straight verm. also, treasure coast supposedly yields nicely...

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Questions for experience cultivators [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #1527175 - 05/07/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You want to increase yields... get some straw .. or better yet poop.

and you are looking at an oz from that 1/2 pin jar!

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Offlinebansheee
Novice

Loc: where its sunny
Re: Questions for experience cultivators [Re: PooPs]
    #1527452 - 05/07/03 02:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

maybe try dunking between flushes, keep everything at ideal temps/humidity etc.. and that could be an attainable goal. Poop is definately the best, especially if you are like a FOAF of mine and pasturize a shit load and put it in four cakes about a square foot each. Might produce a pound or two if he is lucky.

--------------------
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. - Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemajik_monkey
Always Learning
Loc: machu picchu
Re: Questions for experience cultivators [Re: bansheee]
    #1527634 - 05/07/03 03:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you have already started those half pints, I would just use a good casing. That good casing being 50/50 vermiculite/coco coir (what is coco coir...search the site..you should find lots) Its is faaar superior to most casings...esp straight verm. Also, pH adjust your casing to be 7.5-7.8. For some reason, it is soooo underrated. Dont take my word for it, ask anyone in advanced cult.

If you havent started your jars, I would reccomend you try another tek. something involving dung and straw. Find a tek that sounds interesting and learn everthing about it by searching....just my 2c. Another thing....something I have found valuable is to know when it IS crucial to be clean and when it is not so crucial.....I think this is one of the fundamental understandings that help people feel comfortable moving from teks to grow logs....spend some time searching and reading and you wont be disappointed with what you learn.

Lastly, if your concerned that if you try something and it screws up, youll be left with nothing to show....I wouldnt worry. A marginally successful advanced grow will surmount all your half pint expectiations.....plus you might learn some cool ass shit.

Best of luck -MM

--------------------
There are more important things in life than just being really, really, ridiculously good looking. -Zoolander

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation