Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Live updates for the Quick Reply feature.
    #15270753 - 10/24/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, the last time this thread got derailed, the only thing I ask is don't participate if you're going to troll, as this is a serious suggestion/request that could improve the forums. 

The quick Reply feature offers no way to notify a user that a post has been updated, and in fact the "notify user before post" feature is pretty crappy, you still have to finish typing the entire post and submit it before you are notified of a new update.  This still isn't live updating in my opinion, as you have to refresh the page.
By live updating I mean the page itself is live, and will update without you even pressing refresh:

An example would be if you were typing and someone replied, that reply would automatically add to your page, added right to the bottom below the last replied post.  Kind of like how facebook updates things without having to be refreshed.  I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but this would allow for live updates of things, such as replies, modifications as well as locks, and would allow someone to adjust how their reply was in mid reply, rather than going back and editing what they previously wrote.

This would be much different from your current "Auto Notify if thread has been updated" feature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Live updates for the Quick Reply feature. [Re: Maverick] * 5
    #15271416 - 10/24/11 02:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Seems like a silly idea.

Your time just isn't that valuable.

Also, Ythan has made it clear he intends to do no further"improvements" to the software.

"1/2011 I'm not currently working on new features, but I'll keep your request in mind and maybe revisit this at a later date. "

1/2011 "I'm not looking to add any new features, please hold your requests."

1/2011 "Good idea but I'm not really looking to add any more feature right now, sorry. "

7/2011 "Nah the downtime was due to us still being on our old underpowered servers, which I really need to fix before I can consider any new feature requests."

9/2011 "It's been the better part of a year already (holy shit where does the time go?) so I feel I should mention again that I'm not really looking to add any new features. Right now the talk in the admin forum is when we'll finally get the new hardware running, and where to find a replacement for my position."

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Live updates for the Quick Reply feature. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15275005 - 10/25/11 07:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Those were all replies to your suggestions weren't they?  You got shot down.  :maximumtrolling:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Live updates for the Quick Reply feature. [Re: Maverick]
    #15275100 - 10/25/11 08:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

None of them were for any of my suggestions. You should learn how to use the search function.

Thanks for your self portrait though.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

:popcorn:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15275165 - 10/25/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's okay man, I saw your last posts, the one you did a few months ago about the weird number near every thread.  Not all of our ideas can be as good as the rest, shit happens. I wouldn't take it too hard.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15275179 - 10/25/11 08:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I knew you couldn't.

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15275201 - 10/25/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I knew you couldn't.
:lol:

:albundy::popcorn:

:lolsy:
You like popcorn huh bro?

:Trollface:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15275209 - 10/25/11 08:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for the laughs.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15275214 - 10/25/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So anything ever uh, ever come of your numbers bro?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15275244 - 10/25/11 09:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My lottery numbers? No.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Live updates for the Quick Reply feature. [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #15275256 - 10/25/11 09:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:trollhide:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #15275818 - 10/25/11 09:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quit trollin', the both of you's.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom