Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Bush in 2004 no matter what
    #1526181 - 05/06/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have come to the conclusion that Bush will win in 2004 no matter what. THere are reasons behind this scary assumption.
1.I think that even if the economy does not improve or even gets worse he will still win.
2.Sept 11 changed the way many Americans will vote. Safety, and their perception of their safety and security will play a big role.
3.Another terror attack will all but secure his re-election
4.I think there will be a mentality that "he protected us before and will do it again in the future"
5.I honestly think it may almost be borderline naive to think that he wont win in 2004.
6.There is not a viable democrat in sight that could possibly compete with him, much of their oppositional policies could even be deemed un-patriotic.
7. People will vote for a strong leader that is wrong, rather than a weak leader who is right.
8.Bush is the strong, wrong leader
9. I hope that I am so fucking wrong, but this is what I think.
So what does everyone think? Even if you disagree, give me some reasons without exploding, and calling me names. I just want to have some reasonable, ON subject debate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1526214 - 05/06/03 10:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think alot of people are fed up with him.

if by november 2004 the economy is still down and it's clear that there weren't any weapons to be fighting over in iraq, i don't think his victory is guaranteed at all.

i do think that another major terrorist attack would probably secure things for him though. fortunately, i think any terrorist knows this as well.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: ]
    #1526222 - 05/06/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I guess my main point is that people's fears about life and death trump fears of the economy, I just think we are going to see a new way that people vote.

Anonymous

#1526254 - 05/06/03 10:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Bush Would Lose to Unknown Democrat in Election

now i'm not sure how scientific the poll was or whatever... but it was conducted some time ago, much closer to 9-11 and before bush put america's troops, money, and international reputation on the line in what's turning out to be a goose chase for WMD's... and the economy hasn't gotten better.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1526261 - 05/06/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

if by november 2004 the economy is still down and it's clear that there weren't any weapons to be fighting over in iraq, i don't think his victory is guaranteed at all.

Much the same reason Bush Sr. did not win a second term - he failed to do anything for the economy.

--------------------

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #1526704 - 05/07/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

3.Another terror attack will all but secure his re-election
4.I think there will be a mentality that "he protected us before and will do it again in the future"

Maybe I'm wrong, but don't these two kind of contradict each other?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1526798 - 05/07/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I too think he'll win. For different reasons however.

It will be because people are moving (finally) away from positions championed by democrats.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1526960 - 05/07/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The guy on the Daily Show made a good point. He's going to win because.......

1) Unlike his father, he was smart enough to have an open ended war on terrorism

2) He's got two or three countries that he could go to war with at any time if he wants.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1526984 - 05/07/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Which positions do you see people moving away from?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: GazzBut]
    #1527007 - 05/07/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

wow, the guy on the Daily Show! Just how many degrees does Mo Rocca have anyway? As many as C. Rice? As for your post about bush ignoring the 9/11 attacks and not doing an "investigation", more than half of Al Qaeda's top leaders are eithe rin US custody (haha no rights for you you fuckers!) or dead in a cave. I hardly call that "not doing anything". I suppose the thwartedrecent attacks are part of him not doing anything as well, er, wait, wasn't he supporting these attacks to gain popularity? Which one is it...
jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1527100 - 05/07/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes they totally contradict eachother and that is what is so fucked up.I think that people just think that by going after countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, he has done tremendous things for our national security. I think that is DEAD wrong no pun intended, but a lot of people think like that.

So what does everybody think about what I said about people voting in a different way? I really think it could trump the whole "we vote with our pockets" thing.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1527141 - 05/07/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not entirely sure Bush will win. I really do hope, for the good of the country, that he doesnt.

Sure, he's belligerant in foreign policy. Is that good? Dont we WANT stronger ties with the world? Not more resentment?

Sure, he wins wars. Well, except the ones on Poverty, Drugs, The Deficit...But those dont count, I'm sure.

Sure, he's pro-corporations. And Pro-Environmental Rape, Pro-Wildlife Destruction, and Pro-Smog. But thats all cool by me...How 'bout you?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: GazzBut]
    #1527991 - 05/07/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Unrestricted abortion. (partial birth)
Social promotions.
Light criminal punishments.
Welfare with no work requirements.
Easy immigration.
No common language.
Concealed carry bans.
Guns in cockpits.

There's more but that should make the point.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1528118 - 05/07/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i'm with you (the... republican... party...) on all of those.

Edited by mushmaster (05/07/03 04:03 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1528443 - 05/07/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A few of those I can see as major issues, some of which I disagree with my preferred party, (Democratic) on. But some of the just seem silly....I mean, does it really make your blood boil that someone would like to speak another language? Or that criminals get off easy? Whats the alternative? Billions and billions for prisons?

I dont know if these are necessarily YOUR views...I apologize if they arent...So I'll stop here.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Anonymous

Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1528487 - 05/07/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I mean, does it really make your blood boil that... criminals get off easy?

YES!

Whats the alternative? Billions and billions for prisons?

ending the drug war would certainly help.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1528544 - 05/07/03 06:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Heh. I'm sorry. Jailtime for criminals is not going to solve a single thing. And the drug war isnt half of it. They're giving men life sentences for stealing video tapes in California. Soft on crime? Please. America is much too TOUGH on crime....

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Bush in 2004 no matter what [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1528576 - 05/07/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

rapists get less than 10 years, murderers less than 20. it's ridiculous. i don't think crime is a huuuge problem anyway.

my model for punishment for crimes:

While in jail, you must work. the work you do pays for your incarceration and also restitution to the victim(s) of your crime or their loved ones. you don't get to leave until these conditions are met. if you refuse to work, you are executed. after you meet these condtions, you can apply to be let out, and a judge decides, based on your apparent level of rehabilitation and threat to society whether or not to grant you freedom.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1528603 - 05/07/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

We're still doomed if Bush loses. Either way the victor would be a puppet.
I'm actually more scared of any prez that will fix the (it's a chirade) economy. I mean, we would follow that prez to WW3....

We will witness the Apocalypse.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder