Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushyMatt
LSD-25
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under a Mushroom
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: VancouverNoob]
    #15274979 - 10/25/11 07:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VancouverNoob said:
Quote:

MushyMatt said:
Quote:

VancouverNoob said:
Mushy, I found them right across the river near Gresham. I will probably end up giving them away since they can be purchased online for about $20/oz.

Thanks mate! Im.gunna.go check it out this weekend.

And i dont want to eat the amanita, i just want to be able to say i found the most beautiful mushroom :smile:

Same here, I most likely won't go looking for them again next year. . . You can get them online at bouncingbearbotanticals for dirt cheap. Even a concentrated form.

Really shitty news about the frost in Vancouver. I've been watching the weather, and I was hoping :facepalm3:  they would start pining this week.

Yep, ice on windshield right now. Fuck frost.
Ugh talk about a bad time to fall in love with fungus  :facepalm3:

--------------------
Reborn - 6/08/13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCerebreich
Farmer

Loc: Nepal
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 *DELETED* [Re: MushyMatt]
    #15275906 - 10/25/11 11:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Cerebreich

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleCerebreich
Farmer

Loc: Nepal
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 *DELETED* [Re: Cerebreich]
    #15275973 - 10/25/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Cerebreich

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinetdmm
Stranger
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Cerebreich]
    #15276044 - 10/25/11 12:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah it's frustrating seeing all the great PNW finds then realizing they're mostly in Seattle or BC, the weather in Portland has been bad for shrooms.  On the other hand, if every microclimate created their own thread it would be chaos.

Seems like the weather isn't going to turn in the near future, probably not going to be a lot of activity in PDX area until it does.  Chance of rain on friday/saturday, but then turning sunny again.

OfflineMushyMatt
LSD-25
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under a Mushroom
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Cerebreich]
    #15276054 - 10/25/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cerebreich said:
I was thinking something like this as for regions.

Maybe the Seattle are should get it's own micro region?

Seattle/Vanvouver BC

Seattle may be only 170 miles from vancouver, but the weather is still a big difference.

--------------------
Reborn - 6/08/13

Offlinenorthwest_ginger
Urban Hunter
Female User Gallery

Loc: PDX, Oregon
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: MushyMatt]
    #15278935 - 10/25/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't been lucky in the Portland area... the weather needs to start working in my favor and everyone else's!

OfflineAzurepowerback
Oregonlocal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pnw
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: northwest_ginger]
    #15279090 - 10/25/11 11:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

We all need to summon the rain. Come its Oregon where's are "liquid sunshine".

OfflineSous_Vide
Chef
Male

Loc: PacNW- PDX
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: MushyMatt]
    #15285564 - 10/27/11 11:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone seen any thing popping up around the city yet? There's some rain on the way this weekend.

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Sous_Vide]
    #15285878 - 10/27/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Very jealous of those Amanita muscaria finds. I've never found one and it drives me crazy. It's "common", bright and large and yet I find nothing!  I have no problem finding fungus the size of my pinky finger. Just don't ask me to find anything large...:confused:

--------------------
Feels like my asshole's on fire... FEELS LIKE MY ASSHOLES ON FIRE!

Offlinetdmm
Stranger
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Sous_Vide]
    #15285888 - 10/27/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sous_Vide said:
Anyone seen any thing popping up around the city yet? There's some rain on the way this weekend.

Nothing for me yet...  hoping the rain tomorrow/saturday will be enough to create a flush, even though it's supposed to return to sunny weather next week.

Offlinechalkeater
Primordium
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: FoxDie]
    #15286806 - 10/27/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see muscaria around Vancouver/Portland much. But when I lived in Olympia those fuckers were everywhere. There were also huge clusters of shaggy manes all up and down Evergreen Parkway, near Evergreen State. I miss the abundant fungal life of the south sound.

Offlinenorthwest_ginger
Urban Hunter
Female User Gallery

Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: chalkeater]
    #15286848 - 10/27/11 03:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's somewhat comforting to see that everyone is having a hard time finding mushrooms as well.  I thought maybe it's just because I'm new.  Found some spots I think might be promising so now I'm just hoping for rain. 

Thanks FoxDie!  Sadly this is all I keep finding and they are proving to be a pain when drying.  :frown:

Offlinechalkeater
Primordium
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #15286946 - 10/27/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had much luck hunting. I've been casually searching for 3 years. I found like 3 cyans last year in south sound at this wimpy spot in a park that had maybe 10 total cyans (my friend found the rest of them). Scored a modest haul of azures at the coast last year too, though. But I haven't ever found any actives or edibles in Vancouver or Portland.  I'm on the verge of giving up and trying to start my own patches for next fall.

Also, pretty much every Amanita I picked last year was infested with larvae. I found this out after having eaten one in my stir fry, when the other caps were drying. Entomophagy is the wave of the future anyway, rite? 
:trollmove:

Offlinenorthwest_ginger
Urban Hunter
Female User Gallery

Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: chalkeater]
    #15288185 - 10/27/11 08:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That's not bad. Growing would be easier, just don't get caught!  ... The person who started this thread has a great journal for growing at home.  I'd check it out.  :biggrin:

There's something I was reading about Amanitas that they have white worms that look like larva in each one.  They seem to appear during the drying process, although I haven't been able to stop them from becoming a real problem.  I tired seeking help on a thread but some reason the conversation turned into cannibalism...and female's butts. lol  :um:

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

Loc: Seattle, WA
    #15288307 - 10/27/11 08:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

northwest_ginger said:

There's something I was reading about Amanitas that they have white worms that look like larva in each one.  They seem to appear during the drying process, although I haven't been able to stop them from becoming a real problem.  I tired seeking help on a thread but some reason the conversation turned into cannibalism...and female's butts. lol  :um:

Yes... eating a female butt IS cannibalism... sweet sweet cannibalism... :grin:

--------------------
Feels like my asshole's on fire... FEELS LIKE MY ASSHOLES ON FIRE!

Offlinenorthwest_ginger
Urban Hunter
Female User Gallery

Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: FoxDie]
    #15288377 - 10/27/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

See it's happened again!  lol

OfflineOreganic
Connoisseur of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Orygun
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #15288621 - 10/27/11 09:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ehtdaedlufetarg said:
Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
how many damb threads is there going to be people?! there only needs to be one official pnw actives thread, and there doesnt need to be one for just cyans and azures  or one for just washington , or one for oregon or BC . its getting rediculous. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinenorthwest_ginger
Urban Hunter
Female User Gallery

Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Oreganic]
    #15289012 - 10/27/11 11:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oreganic I'm pretty sure this thread already discussed this issue.  It's not to just start a new thread for bragging rights, it's b/c of the location we (PDX/Couv) people are in is so vastly different in terms of weather it's almost unrelatable.  I think most are still posting of the "official PNW"  thread but it's nice to get feedback in our area.  It's good to hear that although the Seattle and BC navies are getting good weather and mushrooms but it's false to think all of the PNW is that lucky right now.  As a hippie would say it's about including not discluding.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #15297812 - 10/29/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow I'm amazed at all the Vancouver folks we have here. I've only been successful picking libs and one patch of blue ringers 7 years ago mind ya I don't do much local looking mainly just hit the coast

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleMulch Sausage
Male User Gallery

Loc: mulch
Re: Portland and Vancouver Magic Mushroom Thread 2011 [Re: Dobie]
    #15306093 - 10/31/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I support you couv/pdx hunters with your desire to have a sub regional thread. The whole puget sound environment is one micro climate after another with multiple convergence zones creating this fungus filled environment teaming with life of every sort that can vary greatly within a few miles. I also understand that the rules have been put in place to keep things oganized and fluid, but you need to remember the saftey issues involved with our hobby. No one in my opinion should ever even post the exact city that they made a find in, a county should be enough. Acuratly describe your find using proximity to un-named bodys of water (1/4 east of a lake) , include elevation , exposure ( N/S/E/W) ect... Think about it, someone says i found these in a cemetery in portland and posts some pics of cyan's. What happens when some kids go to the cemetery by there house and pick god knows what . None of us wants to see something tragic in the news. So maybe clearly post your location, and come back to the pnw speculation thread, and of course the active thread as you score your finds!

--------------------
“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”  -HST

PNW ACTIVES

Bfogg's Skills

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder