Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Dropped a colonized casing into peat moss and dung
    #1520390 - 05/04/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok.. tell me if u guys think ive gone haywire now or not.. awhile ago my casing sorta broke in half (long story..).. but it was fine.. but today i took my half my casing, some sterilized peat moss/cow poop mix.. put the mix down in a container, and just plopped the half casing down in the middle of this.. why? because it seemed to be growing a little sad, the shrooms never got very big, i was sorta hoping the peat moss might give it a bit more moisture. .and maybe even the mycelium will spread because of the poop.. i dont know.. see how it goes..

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: Dropped a colonized casing into peat moss and dung [Re: GWAR]
    #1520463 - 05/04/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if you want the mycelium to colonate the poo, then you should have mixed it with only verm and/or coco. peat has a very acidic nature and will fuck it up (probly) so unless you adjusted the ph then pasteurized it all, (170 for hlaf hour is enough,) you might as well chuck it all.
Jake

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Re: Dropped a colonized casing into peat moss and dung [Re: jakeholman]
    #1523406 - 05/05/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

seriously??? i mean at the very worst.. wont the casing just sit there and continue to grow like it was.. and not spread?? or will the peat moss somehow destroy it all... it wasnt mixed in, i just have a casing with pins on it sitting in a tub of peat moss and poop...

and i did pasterize.. in a microwave tho

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Edited by GWAR (05/05/03 10:47 PM)

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

#1525657 - 05/06/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nobody seems to care about this post but me.. but anyway, the casing is doing much better in the peat/dung, and it *seems* to be spreading.. hoooray!!

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1525814 - 05/06/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well, you learn by experimentation-and how did you "pasteurize" the dung in the microwave-did you somehow monitor the temp in there???

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

#1525829 - 05/06/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nope, i just threw it in for somehting like 10 minutes.. my microwave is old and i hardly use it, i probably wouldnt do it with a nice one

ive heard on here of ppl on here using microwaves to pasteurize poo.. it seems to work fine

--------------------

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #1525883 - 05/06/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's not that nobody cares about the post, it's just that it's hard to give any advice when you're "livin' out there on the edge" (of the teks, I mean).....for example, I'm not even sure what you did with your poo, was it pasteurized? Anyway, as you go on, you'll find that the more closely you follow existing teks, the better results you will get. But sometimes ya just gotta say "what the fuck" and try something, like you did when your casing broke.....hopefully you'll have some good luck with your experiment........watch out for possible contams like cobweb mold......
Pics of possible contams

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Edited by Mike Elium (05/06/03 09:14 PM)

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1525888 - 05/06/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well good luck with not gettin any contams, but next time, you need dung to only be pasteurized, at no higher than 180 and keep it at 17 for up to one hour to pasteurize.
Jake H

--------------------

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

#1526176 - 05/06/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Mike- i grabbed a garbage bag and in it i mixed up some peat moss and cow turds, the kind that comes in a bag from a store and dont stink.. anyway, i threw the garbage bag in the microwave for at least 10 minutes, probably longer.... i let it cool and emptied the bag into a rubbermaid container, and just set the half-casing down right in the middle of this mess and pushed a little peat/turd up to the sides of the casing..

it wasnt even that my casing was really THAT fucked, it was fruiting, it just looked sorta sad, the shrooms were smalll, it was always like that, even before it broke in half.. i tried this experiment because one of my friends suggested that i put a layer of peat moss under the casing to try to give it a boost, then i thought, why not mix in cow shit??? so thats what i did...

my fruits are already bigger....! and it seems to be spreading mycelium.

as for following teks, they're great for learning how it all works, and to get nice fat fruits, and while there is a lot of teks out there i'm planning on following, i also like to fuck around and do shit my own way.. you can be sure this wont be the last time i do something like this  :grin:

and, in case u were wondering, my original casing was straight verm.

--------------------

Edited by GWAR (05/06/03 10:50 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates