Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: badchad]
    #15256293 - 10/21/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
I would think it would be standard operating procedure to have tranquilizer darts on site in places whewre exotic animals were kept.  Granted they wouldn't have enough for the number that escaped, but a few could be saved.

it takes 10-30 minutes to the tranqs to take effect, in the mean time you've
just shot a 300lb tiger with one and he's pissed off about it so, what do you
do for the next 10+ minutes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: badchad]
    #15256295 - 10/21/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
I would think it would be standard operating procedure to have tranquilizer darts on site in places whewre exotic animals were kept.  Granted they wouldn't have enough for the number that escaped, but a few could be saved.

It was a private individual that had these animals. Not a public zoo. Who knows what he had on hand.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #15256358 - 10/21/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Lion said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

atomicshaman said:
the aussie media said they were bengal tigers . which are definitely endangered.
another murdoch lie? i hate that prick and wont apolagise for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IUCN_Red_List#Criticism

Quote:

he IUCN Red List has come under criticism on the grounds of secrecy (or at least poor documentation) surrounding the sources of data.[9]

These allegations have led to efforts by the IUCN to improve its documentation and data quality, and to include peer reviews of taxa on the Red List. The list is also open to petitions against its classifications, on the basis of documentation or criteria.[10] A Nature editorial defended the Red List's relevance in October 2008.[11]

It has been suggested that the IUCN Red List and similar works are prone to misuse by governments and other groups that draw possibly inappropriate conclusions on the state of the environment or to effect exploitation of natural resources.[12]

Wow, that looks like some really damning criticism, supported with tons of evidence and real-life examples. :rolleyes:

It should be relatively easy and not too expensive in this day and age to recapture animals instead of killing them.

you certainly have no clue about the logistics of an operation of that sort

how many traps would a small town in rural ohio have that are capable of
capturing lions, tigers and bears... oh my. you think they had 100+ bear
traps lined up for just such an event? how many days would it take to get
a sufficient quantity of traps into the area?

set a trap and wait for days, the animals spread further and further and the risk to people becomes even greater the more these animals are on the loose. this isnt like your grandmothers prize winning pomeranian, these are wild animals weighing several hundred pounds each. the little havaheart traps arent going to cut it

Since you quoted a wiki article, I'll do the same:

Quote:

Tranquilliser guns have a long history of use for capturing wildlife without injury.

Quote:

On impact with the animal, the momentum of a steel ball at the rear of the dart pushes the syringe plunger and injects the dose of barbiturate or other drug into the animal. The drug causes torpor and prostration within minutes

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranquilliser_gun

I also read it takes an average of 3-10 minutes for sedation to take effect.  They couldn't keep a tiger from killing anyone for ten minutes, in a large rural area?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #15256359 - 10/21/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

SOP should be to prevent morons in Ohio (and 7 other states, apparently ) to collect  dangerous wild animals for their own need for power.This was just an accelerated canned hunt. Remember that lady attacked by a chimp  in Connecticut? Before .  ... After .    Who the fuck needs lions and tigers and bears, Oh my!That animal owner should have offed himself with Death by Mauling...:shrug: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15256367 - 10/21/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
it takes 10-30 minutes to the tranqs to take effect, in the mean time you've
just shot a 300lb tiger with one and he's pissed off about it so, what do you
do for the next 10+ minutes

Ideally, you'd use a different tranquilzer that achieves immobilization in under 10 minutes, and have more than one dart gun.

Once immobilized though, moving the animals back is the tough part, especially 50 or however man they had.

I hope they at least sell the pelts.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblebeachedjesus
A bodypart of God
Male

Loc: there
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #15256385 - 10/21/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They should have used tranquilizers.

--------------------
hi

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#15256386 - 10/21/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

they are dead. it's over - nothing to be done about it.

concentrate on things you CAN affect. no need wasting time on things past.

InvisibleRebel_At_War
REBEL
Female

Loc: Wherever the wind blows
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: vinsue]
    #15256389 - 10/21/11 11:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vinsue said:
SOP should be to prevent morons in Ohio (and 7 other states, apparently ) to collect  dangerous wild animals for their own need for power.This was just an accelerated canned hunt. Remember that lady attacked by a chimp  in Connecticut? Before .  ... After .    Who the fuck needs lions and tigers and bears, Oh my!That animal owner should have offed himself with Death by Mauling...:shrug: . . . :peace:

I bet the guy was white... White people always seem to have this fixation of controlling/owning nature...
Look at the crocodile hunter.. Hes only one amongst thousands of stupid people pushing natures limits for research or just personal pleasure who ended up dead... Bet that was one hell of a adrenalinkick eh?

The moral of the story is: LEAVE NATURE THE FUCK ALONE...!
It will get by fine without us tampering with it...

--------------------
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives his life to the fullest is prepared to die at any time...

Invisiblebeautifuldowngrade
Evil Friend

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15256424 - 10/21/11 11:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

you certainly have no clue about the logistics of an operation of that sort

how many traps would a small town in rural ohio have that are capable of
capturing lions, tigers and bears... oh my. you think they had 100+ bear
traps lined up for just such an event? how many days would it take to get
a sufficient quantity of traps into the area?

set a trap and wait for days, the animals spread further and further and the risk to people becomes even greater the more these animals are on the loose. this isnt like your grandmothers prize winning pomeranian, these are wild animals weighing several hundred pounds each. the little havaheart traps arent going to cut it

:whathesaid:

Also the police are not trained in tracking and capturing large wild animals. They were trying to protect the people that live in that area, which is their job. I agree it's very sad that these animals were killed through no fault of their own but what do you think the people of that town expected the police to do? Protect them, which they did the best way they knew how.

--------------------
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you 

that's not art, it's shit tickets
-Prisoner#1

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#15256471 - 10/21/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:

Tranquilizer dart's aren't instant. They take between 10-30 minutes to incapacitate an animal, especially a lion, tiger, bear or whatever the fuck that asshole released.

Police shot those animals because they posed a threat. They tried tranquilizing some and I don't know how that turned out.

The gentleman in question was just released from prison for possessing multiple automatic weapons without proper class III forms. He was also on the radar for mistreatment of animals for mistreating animals and sometimes letting them roam free.

He let them all go and then killed himself. We're talking almost 50 tigers, lions, bears, mountain lions and other predators.

If I was a cop in Ohio and was faced with a cougar, I'd shoot to kill.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15256479 - 10/21/11 11:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Won't someone please think of the animals!

No? How about this...

If they could have saved just one animals life, it would have been worth the death of humans!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15256504 - 10/21/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I saw the story on the news yesterday or the day before.

Who's to say they didn't save just one animal?

I need to check the news to see if any were captured alive or if they killed all 48.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15256508 - 10/21/11 11:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

'twas humor.

--------------------

InvisibleRebel_At_War
REBEL
Female

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15256536 - 10/21/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Last night on coast to coast am they said theres a chimp and a wolf still running loose, theyr both very shy.. have no idea wether they got caught and killed since then...

--------------------
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives his life to the fullest is prepared to die at any time...

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Rebel_At_War] * 1
    #15256557 - 10/21/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

big friggin deal.

deer are more dangerous than a couple of loose animals.

why does everyone refer to them as wild beasts anyway sure they can't communicate and they're wild to us but they were domesticated in cages and had regular feeding schedules from humans.

bottom line is - 2 legged predators are the most dangerous. i don't hear anyone talking about that

oh no instead its the big bad couple dozen zoo animals.

what the fuck? :tard:

InvisibleRebel_At_War
REBEL
Female

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15256588 - 10/21/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
big friggin deal.

deer are more dangerous than a couple of loose animals.

why does everyone refer to them as wild beasts anyway sure they can't communicate and they're wild to us but they were domesticated in cages and had regular feeding schedules from humans.

bottom line is - 2 legged predators are the most dangerous. i don't hear anyone talking about that

oh no instead its the big bad couple dozen zoo animals.

what the fuck? :tard:

Agreed...

--------------------

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Rebel_At_War]
    #15256633 - 10/21/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I bet the guy was white... White people always seem to have this fixation of controlling/owning nature...

:shrug:its better then being scared of a dog

InvisibleRebel_At_War
REBEL
Female

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: hidenseek]
    #15256663 - 10/21/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hidenseek said:
Quote:

:shrug:its better then being scared of a dog

Dont see what this has to do with being scared of dogs....?
If it was your attempt on stereotyping black folks or something, then this is kinda weak...
I know tonnes of black folks having dogs... :shrug:
No need to tamper with nature at all, and to me it seems like its mostly white people that goes out into the fields to do this... Making TVshows, capturing or messing with wild animals trying to tame them or make money off caging them and showing them off, researches n studies ect ect...
May i also add that i am white myself...
Peace...

--------------------

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: Rebel_At_War]
    #15257170 - 10/21/11 02:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

if anyone wants to see pictures of the survived animals, go to the national geographic website. they saved three leopards(one is a black panther), two macaques, and one grizzly bear. they are currently housed at the columbus zoo. i'm so happy that the leopards were saved, they're some of my favorite animals.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: was it really neccesary to murder all the zoo animals in the u.s? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #15257218 - 10/21/11 02:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nutjob? I think not.

The man owned 56 exotic animals. Clearly he was a productive citizen.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder