Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebeachedjesus
A bodypart of God
Male

Loc: there
TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails.
    #15251543 - 10/20/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

The random inspections really aren’t any more thorough normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference.

“People generally associate the TSA with airport security…but now we have moved on to other forms of transportation, such as highways, buses and railways,” said Kevin McCarthy, TSA federal security director for West Tennessee.

link to article

The Tennessee governor is a traitor to the constitution. So are the cops, TSA trash and homeland security goons doing this.

Random inspection for no reason = violation of fourth amendment.

--------------------
hi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: beachedjesus]
    #15251561 - 10/20/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's amazing to me that this has been allowed to happen. I have a feeling it won't last long, the courts will probably strike it down. Don't these people realize how dangerous actions like this are? Is nothing sacred anymore?

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
    #15251562 - 10/20/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh great this is really what we need, more of our rights taken away.

:doublefacepalm:

This doesn't surprise me though. Who are they really looking for? People like us.

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#15251568 - 10/20/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They have the right to have safety checkpoints. At least in my state, they're not allowed to call the sobriety checkpoints.

I've been through two in the last 3 years. One in Buckingham, VA and one at Wrightsville beach, NC.  Both times they asked me for my drivers license and I was on my way. Didn't even ask for registration and insurance. For all they knew I could have been driving a stolen truck with a chambered .45 and 100 kilos of heroin in the back.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15251606 - 10/20/11 10:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've had a bad experience at a safety checkpoint, I was told to pull to the side of the road and they brought a dog to run by the car( I had nothing and was rocking a clean cut look). The dog false alerted and they proceeded to waste 40 minutes of my time tearing through my car. I didn't even get a "sorry for wasting your time" out of the fuckers.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Edited by love2shpongleIRL (10/20/11 11:00 AM)

InvisibleSimplepowa
In Pursuit of Knowledge

Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15251637 - 10/20/11 11:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

USA :sad:

Quote:

love2shpongleIRL said:
I've had a bad experience at a safety checkpoint, I was told to pull to the side of the road and they brought a dog to run by the car( I had nothing and was rocking a clean cut look). The dog false alerted and they proceeded to waste 40 minutes of my time tearing through my car. I didn't even get a "sorry for wasting your time" out of the fuckers.

^Must be the cop who ordered the dog to give an "alarm" whatever this is. :confused:

It is not having any confidence in any humans to put things like these imo.

I hope this don't stand long, your rights/privacy are eaten away each day :crankey:

--------------------
Carl Sagan - "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."

---

Robert Pirsig - "When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

---

Brian Cox - "[One] problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense."

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15251740 - 10/20/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
They have the right to have safety checkpoints. At least in my state, they're not allowed to call the sobriety checkpoints.

I've been through two in the last 3 years. One in Buckingham, VA and one at Wrightsville beach, NC.  Both times they asked me for my drivers license and I was on my way. Didn't even ask for registration and insurance. For all they knew I could have been driving a stolen truck with a chambered .45 and 100 kilos of heroin in the back.

In California, they must advertise the location of the checkpoints in the newspaper before they can legally set up a checkpoint.

--------------------

OfflineHorsewithnoname
I can't remember my name
Male

Loc: In the desert
Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15251807 - 10/20/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

USA is starting to get really creepy.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: TSA Checkpoints now on highways, buses and rails. [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15255908 - 10/21/11 08:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ifoundwaldo said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

In California, they must advertise the location of the checkpoints in the newspaper before they can legally set up a checkpoint.

Yeah, they usually give locations prior to seatbelt/safety checkpoints on the news before they happen.

I got caught up in one with about 10 cases of beer and 24 boxes of whippits behind the seat with both me and my passenger being under age. A quick license and seatbelt check and we were on out way.

Oh and my passenger had weed, coke and a little heroin on him, which he failed to mention to me until after we got past the checkpoint.

That was a few years ago. The last 2 I went through, they checked my license and let me go. The one at wrightsville beach, I went through twice. There were some guys sitting on the front stoop of their house smoking cigarettes about a block down, so I pulled over and asked them if they saw anyone get busted. They said they saw a couple people get pulled off the road and busted for drugs/ illegal guns.

Kinda scary about the gun part even though I conceal carried at the time (didn't bring it with me), since we were just going down the street to get some bait and fishing hooks.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains