Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated?
    #1525479 - 05/06/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't want to be stepping on any feet, but recently I have seen posts that are getting plenty of responses, that I would close without a question normally, but since they have been getting a lot of feedback I feel strange doing so.

Namely the recent spore threads...

So I ask, how would you all like your forum run.

Thread closings in AMC
Close everything that is even remotely covered in the FAQ, TMC, or past posts.. including spore syringes and grain questions..etc (besides the recent popcorn stuffs)
Close only those which are BLATANT disregards for AMC posting rules
Leave the forum alone, and don't close something unless I absolutely have to and it's a clear violation.
Continue as has been, closing at the moderators discression

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? *DELETED* [Re: Raadt]
    #1526142 - 05/06/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: Raadt]
    #1526927 - 05/07/03 07:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I voted for the blatant disregards for posting guidelines. I contribute to threads that don't belong here but wish the mods would move the damn thing. I'd hate to see it get too strict in here because what you consider non advanced may well be advanced to many others. I think that it is quite possible to spot the threads that DON'T belong here a mile away. Just because a thread is getting lots of feedback doesn't mean it doesn't need to be moved. One good thing is that this forum doesn't move fast enough that threads that don't belong here push worthy threads off the front page. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that my favorite forum doesn't become a police state.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1527135 - 05/07/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

But what makes that "tek" advanced, as opposed to posting it into "Mushroom Cultivation"?? I think that most of the posters here use spores only to make their isolates at this point.. in which case expansion isn't really necessary.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1527229 - 05/07/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

But what makes that "tek" advanced

Quote:

2) This forum is for the discussion of advanced techniques AND experimental procedures.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1527253 - 05/07/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I fail to see the experiment in expanding spore syringes. I don't know about you, but I consider it pretty common knowledge that you can take a dark syringe and add some water and dilute it a bit. The container doesn't matter. But like I said, this is an opinion - I am not and have not closed it, since people think it's experimental. I don't know if it would have been left open a year ago, though. ;\

--------------------
Raadt

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1527278 - 05/07/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Precisely why i stated:
Quote:

I'd hate to see it get too strict in here because what you consider non advanced may well be advanced to many others.

and
Quote:

Just because a thread is getting lots of feedback doesn't mean it doesn't need to be moved.

I'm glad your concerned but all said and done the pressure is on you to make these decisions.
Notice I said:
Quote:

I voted for the blatant disregards for posting guidelines.

Poke's thread IS experimental in the fact that his idea could very well introduce a new method of exchanging spores. It isn't the mechanics of what is being done but a fresh approach to it. Hell, noone is even sure if the container is truly reliable for widespread use. Do I think it belonged in Mush. Cult.? Certainly. Should it be moved? Your call... but I say that as long as threads sit on the front page then there is no harm since the post clearly is not a BLATANT disregard for the rules. When methods and techniques that are advanced to some unholy level start vying for attention on the front page of this forum then I'm all for stricter moderation.
BTW, If I were mod/admin, I'd move this thread over to the feedback forum. :wink: 

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
    #1527529 - 05/07/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just hate it when people come in and talk about their new "experiment" involving making a huge BRF cake in a bowl,or something like that,you know what I mean.

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1527539 - 05/07/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree, it seems we'll keep it running as it has been. I just wanted to know if the spore dram type posts bother anyone, as they are pretty borderline.. they don't seem to.

--------------------
Raadt

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1527583 - 05/07/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

OK.
I like posts where you can see that people really invested some time in explaining their technique even if it's not that advanced or revolutionary. I think that it is already advanced if you make an experiment and report the results instead of just getting a weird idea and ask if it will work.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1527619 - 05/07/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

debianlinux said it all. How is one to know when they have an advanced topic? Some may be obvious that they are not advanced, but others may be in the grey area. Others may be looking for new ways to do old teks or try new things.

The "advanced" part is more of opinion instead of concrete, there is no real hard rule that describes exactly what you can post in here. I have done it a few times, thinking my topic was advanced (for me anyway), or I was just looking for advice from the advanced cultivators. This is something I think the forum moderators should take a closer look at.

Poke Smot also made a good point. When you have a question that may be borderline advanced, if you post it in the mushroom cult forum it may be flooded out by more "simple" questions that appear everyday. This would lead you to get less replies and perhaps fewer experts would take a look at it because it would be pages away.

Personally I think the forum should be moderated like it has been, but closer observation should be used to consider if the question has some new methods or possibilities. If the topic is obviously a standard question dealing with stuff in the FAQ or simple beginner cultivation then it should be moved. But, if the question revisits an old technique and adds a new twist (as the syringe tek thingy referred to above), then I think it should stay (although I would not consider it advanced simply because of how easy it is to make a syringe, personally that just sounds like more work). Obviously we all have our own ideas of what is advanced and what is not, the mods will just have to use good judgement when moderating the forum.

In any case, whatever....  :smirk:    Your most likely gonna see stupid questions posted in either forum. 

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: zeronio]
    #1527730 - 05/07/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think that's very well said Zero, and I agree.

--------------------
Raadt

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1527751 - 05/07/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have to disagree with less "experts" looking at it. You should look at the lists of moderators for the mushroom cultivation forum. It's pretty massive. We've essentially flooded the forum with "expert cultivators" who read them as often as possible, in order to have everyones questions answered.

--------------------
Raadt

Offlinemajik_monkey
Always Learning
Loc: machu picchu
    #1529650 - 05/08/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I post in both forums and for what its worth, the question(s) I ask myself when posting (and replying) in the advanced forum is 1) Is this *new* and if not 2) am l likely to get a proper answer in the gen cult forum

2) is very subjective because many people have simple questions that seemingly are addressed in the FAQ or equivalent, but that present contexts which complicate the answer for those who dont have skills to inspect and diagnose their problems/situations based on fundamentals.....some of these common questions with the spin mentioned above are also interesting for adv. forum readers....so again subjective.

Except for a few exceptions, and none that immediately come to mind, I think the forum is moderated well. kudos -MM

--------------------
There are more important things in life than just being really, really, ridiculously good looking. -Zoolander

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1541062 - 05/12/03 06:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A "notify moderator" button in this forum could be an idea worth considering?

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
    #1541078 - 05/12/03 06:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

already have one:

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1541082 - 05/12/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

doh!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1543634 - 05/12/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i'd realy like to see more rigid adheance to an "advanced q's only" policy.

some times it gets to the point that i just give up reading this forum for a few days.

i am verry pleased to see this question being asked and feel, however it goes, that the fact that it is being openly discussed is enough.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: canid]
    #1544069 - 05/13/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Read the FAQ first. Do a search.

If you can't find an answer, post here.

And yes, advanced topics only, anything regarding existing/replicated simple grains, substrates, casings, bulk, etc. should be in the Mushroom Cultivation forum.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: daba]
    #1544088 - 05/13/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And if you find a post that doesn't belong here notify us.
We move several posts a day away from AMC, but sometimes it's not easy to decide.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: zeronio]
    #1544098 - 05/13/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps we should rename it back to "Experimental Station"

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: Poll: How would you like your AMC forum moderated? [Re: Anno]
    #1544252 - 05/13/03 03:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Besides that ^^^ :wink: what is your opinion?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck