Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Remain Humble
    #1525412 - 05/06/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

For you are lucky to be alive.
Consciousness is a gift of the divine, the endless cycle of life.
Coincidence did not put us where we are.

That you even exist as a thinking, rational, sentient, intelligent being, is a gift of creation born of unconditional love and compassion. That you can open your eyes and perceive the beauty of life is all the proof you need of a divine presence.

We are like individual cells of creation, each with the same potential for creation as the original. Like acorns in an oak tree...

Take hold of your reality, for it is yours for the making.
You are the controller, you hold the keys to manifest destiny.

By 2012 every human on earth must understand the following:
(1) the human purpose on Earth is to evolve physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. (2) Every human being is a Divine Essence made of light and love whose nature is goodness. (3) Free will is an absolute universal right; impeccability calls on the self to surrender its free will to divine will in faith and trust. (4) All of natural existence is sacred beyond how it serves or meets the needs of the individual self.

To be human is to constantly learn and evolve. Remain humble.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (05/06/03 06:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Shroomism]
    #1525593 - 05/06/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Learn how to appreciate the simple things in life.

Don't sweat the small stuff... 

Learn how to accept through understanding... In the end, it will be THAT, which will tear down the walls you have built to separate yourselves from one another.

Never stop questionning and searching for answers.

Be nice to your children and treat them fairly....  That will be the BEST INVESTMENT of your life !

:grin: 

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1525639 - 05/06/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I cant. Sorry. Maybe when I am older.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1525684 - 05/06/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good post shroomism,

I try to remain netural and remain feeling alive. "Darkness" creeps in easily with me due to my fucked up past. Psychedelics are my anti-psycotic. Maybe when i can high dose, then i will be free from it. Theres alot of shit i have to over come, my hard road to the light is far from over.

Psychedelics are worth every hardship i have ever been through though.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Remain Humble [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1525695 - 05/06/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good information, I just have one comment. You said we should evolve evolve physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. In other words you could have just said the point is to evolve. Are physical brain is the one creating the spiritual, mental, and emotional things we perceive. That is why I dislike the seperation between spirituality and material. I think so called spirituality is just a state of higher evolution.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1525723 - 05/06/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Electrical impulses and neurons and what not are important too

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1525773 - 05/06/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"There is, it seems to us,
At best, only a limited value
In the knowledge derived from experience.
The knowledge imposes a pattern, and falsifies,
For the pattern is new in every moment
And every moment is a new and shocking
Valuation of all we have been. We are only undeceived
Of that which, deceiving, could no longer harm.
In the middle, not only in the middle of the way
But all the way, in a dark wood, in a bramble,
On the edge of a grimpen, where is no secure foothold,
And menaced by monsters, fancy lights,
Risking enchantment. Do not let me hear
Of the wisdom of old men, but rather of their folly,
Their fear of fear and frenzy, their fear of possession,
Of belonging to another, or to others, or to God.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.

? ? The houses are all gone under the sea.

? ? The dancers are all gone under the hill." - T.S. Eliot

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Remain Humble [Re: pattern]
    #1525823 - 05/06/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Be nice to your children and treat them fairly.... That will be the BEST INVESTMENT of your life ! "
---------------

Ha ha ha ...  you say: "I cant. Sorry. Maybe when I am older. "

But I already said that it WILL BE  the best investment.....  My argument still stands.  :grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1525898 - 05/06/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The physical brain does not create the spiritual. Spirit exists as a seperate yet integrated part of the physical. Physical brain is just a temporary vessel for spirit to experience physical reality.

--------------------

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #1526405 - 05/06/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont really have anything to say, but I would like to share a smile. You are all good souls, and this forum has changed many lives for the better. Not a big fan of feeding the ego, but if its gonna happen, why not here. You are all good souls, and every little thing you do effects the future dramatically. As long as you have good intentions, things should work out. Thanks :]

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1526432 - 05/07/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Uh huh. Is it humble and sacred to welch on a bet? Is it a demonstration of high integrity to give your word when you have no intention of following it up?

One example is worth more than 10,000 posts.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1526439 - 05/07/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

For you are lucky to be alive.

Coincidence did not put us where we are.

Luck implies randomness, then you follow that statement by saying it is not randomness.

I love clarity.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (05/07/03 08:07 AM)

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #1526443 - 05/07/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shroomism is right on.

The brain is part of the body, which is, like Shroomism said a temporary vessel in which the spirit resides while gathering experience in the physical realm. The brain and the body are tools for experiencing the daily insights which help the eternal part of us evolve.

Some people give a bit too much credit to the brain sometimes, although it is a remarkable development of physical evolution. The body as well as mind/brain are integral parts of a much greater whole self, the higher-self which you can consider as a sort of "mother ship" where all of us "vessels" bring experiences and insights back to. There is our individual evolution during this lifetime, and then there is the greater evolution of our higher-being, which we are also contributing to with each thing we learn here on this planet.

And according to what I have heard through various connections to higher alien life--whose relaibility is to be considered, the inhabitants of advanced planets throughout the universe understand earth as something like "the school of hard knox". Other sources tell me that another name for Earth throughout parts of the galaxy is "The Planet of Sorrows".

Anyways, to swing back onto topic, about humility! It seems to be a lost art among popular western culture. Some of us need to reduce our capacity for fulfillment, because we are setting the bar very high as it is. Society has placed before us enormous standards of social and economic achievement, which develops into a trancelike obsession as children become adults, and are slowly lulled into a material consumer lifestyle. The result is that awareness of self and nature goes right down the shitter.

Many of us are searching for happiness in all the wrong things. True happiness is in companionship, health, love, nature and self-exploration.

It seems to me that modern man from roughly the 1940's until today, has been suffering from an extreme case of HEDONISM. Some people consider hedonism to be a valid philosophy. I consider it to be a valid disease. One that has become so integrated into modern life, that nobody notices it and thus, they seek no treatment for it.

The concept of "Do what feels good and who cares about everything else." Is the most immature 'philosophy' anybody could choose to live by. I am not against having a good time... I am against indulgent, self-fulfilling behaviour.

Spoiled by a tangled web of entertainment and sensory overstimulation, our addiction to a "comfortable, feel good lifestyle" is causing many of us to turn away from our true nature as human beings, which is simply to grow and learn.

So does anyone think that this age of hedonism will come to an end? Or will it BE our end? Are we going to consume ourselves into non-existence, or will we learn to be fulfilled with the simple necessities of maintaining our human vessel?

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Remain Humble [Re: tak_old]
    #1526452 - 05/07/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont really have anything to say, but I would like to share a smile. You are all good souls, and this forum has changed many lives for the better.

::sniff sniff::  :smirk:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Remain Humble [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1526469 - 05/07/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The brain is part of the body, which is, like Shroomism said a temporary vessel in which the spirit resides while gathering experience in the physical realm. The brain and the body are tools for experiencing the daily insights which help the eternal part of us evolve.

True, the soul is very powerful, but our brains can only harness so much of our souls perceptions of this reality. It's like a racecar driver in a 78 Pinto.....ability can only be used to the extant of the vehicle.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Remain Humble [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1526471 - 05/07/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some people give a bit too much credit to the brain sometimes...

The only part of you that can give credit to the brain is THE BRAIN. That fact alone should give it enormous credit.

--------------------

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Swami]
    #1526631 - 05/07/03 01:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The only part of you that can give credit to the brain is THE BRAIN. That fact alone should give it enormous credit.

except, of course, the soul.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1526655 - 05/07/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The physical brain does not create the spiritual. Spirit exists as a seperate yet integrated part of the physical. Physical brain is just a temporary vessel for spirit to experience physical reality.

How do you know? Define spiritual? I thought your brain was what gave you all perception. I am not talking about in the case of OBEs or NDE. But things like synchronicities, precognition and hallucinations come from the brain. A lot of so called spiritual things happen when I am tripping and it is happening inside my brain.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1526670 - 05/07/03 01:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You should read the eightfold model of consiousness and John Lilly. Infact John Lilly has an online book called programming and metaprogramming the bio computer. You should look that up and read it. I think there is the local brain that we all have, and then a universal sort of galactic overmind. I have seen this overmind on 7 tabs of LSD. I could travel outside my own models of reality held within my own brain.

Anonymous

#1526676 - 05/07/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You're the one who's so big on proof. Show me the proof that all consciousness resides in the brain.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Remain Humble [Re: ]
    #1526679 - 05/07/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I just said that in OBEs and NDEs consiousness escapes the body. I am just saying that the brain is responable for a lot of the things that people refer to as spiritual.

Edited by Earth_Droid (05/07/03 01:38 AM)

Anonymous

#1526685 - 05/07/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I was replying to Swami, not you....

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1526687 - 05/07/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, I am sorry. I apologise.

Edited by Earth_Droid (05/07/03 01:38 AM)

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

#1526688 - 05/07/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

what about people who have near death experiences and can remeber and describe experiences had during times when their brain was inactive and devoid of electrical activity or measurable brainwaves?

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Anonymous

Re: Remain Humble [Re: thestringphish]
    #1526691 - 05/07/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good point. And there are many other facts that point to the reality that consciousness does not solely reside as a product of our brain.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Remain Humble [Re: thestringphish]
    #1526697 - 05/07/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think SWAMI's problem is that he is so skeptical that he has locked himself up in too much of a beleif in skepticism. I like the quote beleif in anything is death to intelligence. Terence Mckenna said that. Truth can be found in everything, just like joy can be found in pain, and vice versa. I like SWAMI's faith in science, but I think he is denying the possibility of science finding answers to things people can't currenty explain with scientific proofs. Obviously the evolutionary process is beyond the primitive brains understanding, and sometimes it is best just to admit you don't know what is going on and just try and make the best of a chaotic world. I don't remember, but Swami, have you done any psychedelics before?

Edited by Earth_Droid (05/07/03 01:43 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1526972 - 05/07/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And there are many other facts that point to the reality that consciousness does not solely reside as a product of our brain.

Care to elucidate? Your vagueness adds nothing to the discussion.

--------------------

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

#1527821 - 05/07/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Care to elucidate?

this is a valid question, and has potential to add depth to the discussion. I would reply that organisms such as plants and jellyfish have no brain, yet still have consciousness, but that would only start another debate about whether these things have consciousness, which i think should be avoided as there is no possitive corect conclusion, but i am looking forward to other peoples reasons, as i dont' have any of my own in mind at the moment.

Quote:

Your vagueness adds nothing to the discussion

This, however, also adds nothing to the discussion and is blatent critisism. Please don't take this as me critisizing you, i am simply asking that you keep to the subject so the discusion can further develop. After all, this is'nt OTD :wink:

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Anonymous

#1528814 - 05/07/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OK Swami, even though I asked you to post something implying all consciousness resides solely in the brain FIRST, I'll call anyway:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~regfjxe/consc.htm

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1529619 - 05/08/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Swami has no proof.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Murex]
    #1530785 - 05/08/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It seems that niether the concept of conciousness existing in the mind or the concept of it existing in the spirit can be proven. However, in my oppinion time does not exist because every moment is always occuring and our life energy just passes through these moments. IT does NOT MEAN That everything is predestined but it means somthing that we cant understand because it is outside of the concept of time. Because of this i belive the mind when it is born, has not found its spirit - but through expierence the mathematical (only way i can explian dont take literaly!) expression of what you have learned creates an entity within you which is the spirit. Eventually you become this and your phisical body is just a means of adding to it. I think many problems people have with life is beliving that they are their physical bodies which can no longer interpret what it has created (the spirit)... i think part of the struggle of life is the difficulty of physically understanding the self. This is expressed in teenagers not being able to understand what they are feeling when their spirit is filled with emotion.
Peace out to everybody and great post!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THinking is cool... feeling is cooler..... thinking about feeling is cooler.... feeling about thinking is even cooler.....but maybe im compleatly wrong and this is bullshit! we will never know

Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
Re: Remain Humble [Re: ska8ball]
    #1530787 - 05/08/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

SORRY BOUT THE DOUBLE POST :wink:

OfflineCotlYogi
Meditator
Re: Remain Humble [Re: Murex]
    #1530812 - 05/08/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think the conciousness that jellyfish and plants have are what evolved into ours. our conciousness began at a low level like theirs, where we made decisions that kept us alive... E.g: we see a predator and we either fight or flight(run)... And these fundamentals are the roots of our conciousness and can still be found in our levels of conciousness and in decisions we still make, but now we classify this as part of our subconcious... so theoretically conciousness is related to physical evolution since our brains grew larger and more complex from something so small and simple. I think we are the first species of animal to develop the concept of spirituality since out of all the hominids (like Astrolapithecus Africanus-A. Robustus-Homo Erectus-Homo Neanderthalis-Homo Sapiens) we the Homo Sapiens were the first to bury our dead. Whatever the reason was for burying our dead, it obviously shows some higher form of respect, whether it be to keep our bodies from being devoured by scavengers or any of the other theories, it shows a higher level of care rather than simple behaviour schemes like selfishness, self scrifice, altruism, or any other, its an action performed out of the belief of respect for a non-living entity.

--------------------
Both NanaCotl's and Yoga are mind expanding methods of deep understanding. Mastering Yoga is my goal, Shrooms are my stepping ladder.
May your life be a battle of understanding and liberation from misunderstanding.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1537296 - 05/10/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I said all that?

i believe the difference in the phyiscal and mental in the future (at least in our heads) will have little difference. Say i want some apples to eat, ill just create it, with my mind. (were talking after 2013, when all 12 strains of DNA are connected, and your basically GOD) It won't matter then, because you can create matter, or have such a profound influence on matter.

No i said, that we ARE (as a whole) evolving spiritually, mentally, physically. Not you should, but i think you should anyways. I think that everyone who isn't under (physic dictatorship) will evolve wiether they like it or not. Every year after 2004 it will only get strong and stronger (chi/psi) due to more attached DNA strains. VERY much like the snake in dreamcatcher, (they got the "diesese" [evolving dna] and it will appear and come to mankind like a hissing snake, wiether they like it or not) i maybe wrong just my theory

Oh, yeah i know dreamcatcher was just a movie about aliens in many forms, but it has alot of relavence to the coming evolution (4th D). If you get it that is.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Remain Humble [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1538505 - 05/11/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I believe movies are an aid in the shift in consciousness. I have friends who do nice things for people all the time. They stopped getting the shaft, and slowly started getting small little blessings, like discounts on merchendise, not getting sick, touching bases with long lost friends, etc. Little things that you might take for granted, but they work wonders when combined. I believe the same effect will occur in the shift, I dont think Jesus will wake up randomly some morning and decide to declare life as we know it changed. I think people will start becoming aware(they already are) and transcend because of little things like these.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Remain Humble [Re: tak_old]
    #1540142 - 05/11/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i felt it today. Lucid dreams kicked my ass. and o i felt so good about the day. knowing that i dont know, knowing that there is still much to be accomplished. knowing that im smarter for knowing this. feling better that i know this. slowly but surely we can make our way.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals