Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: koraks]
    #15241787 - 10/18/11 04:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Gravity, sounds like a case of temporary hypoglycemia. I doubt it has much to do with the mushrooms you ate.

Would fasting for 10 hours without vigorous activity create a hypoglycemic condition?  Maybe.  But not normally (for me, anyways.)

I lost muscle coordination only twice in my life and both time it was after eating mushrooms, so I am sure that the mushrooms definitely played a role. 

My symptoms sound like a few others that have posted here, so it would be great to see more folks post up.

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: mushroomexplorer]
    #15241827 - 10/18/11 04:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomexplorer said:
The more case reports we get together the more we can understand about what is or what is not the cause of the effects and hopefully this will give us information on how these effects can be avoided.

Recently it was reported that someone found an entirely new possibly psychedelic compound in some obscure mushroom (in Germany IIRC). It wouldn't be entirely surprising if some wood lovers occasionally produce a virtually unknown chemical that causes these effects. If that's the case, then there's probably nothing anyone can do about it, except to try out mushrooms in small doses before taking them in large doses.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Gravity]
    #15241829 - 10/18/11 04:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gravity said:
Quote:

koraks said:
Gravity, sounds like a case of temporary hypoglycemia. I doubt it has much to do with the mushrooms you ate.

Would fasting for 10 hours without vigorous activity create a hypoglycemic condition?  Maybe.  But not normally (for me, anyways.)

No, but I would consider tripping in itself already something that is beside the normal way of things. I wouldn't be surprised that the combination of factors led to a hypo; while not normal, it is something that most people experience once in a while, in varying degrees of severity. In itself, it's not an indicator of toxic activity of a mushroom.

InvisibleLanceata

Loc: Wales, Britain Flag
    #15241847 - 10/18/11 04:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There have been many reports of temporary muscular paralysis from some kind of toxin in woodloving Psilocybes such as Azurescens and Cyanescens, this is quite well known now. People have reported being unable to stand up or even breathe. I would be cautious about ingesting high doses of these mushrooms.

Nausea and vomiting from eating mushrooms raw is often just from the mushroom material (chitin) which is tough and indigestable. The same reason you'd get sick if you ate grass (because of the cellulose). Weaker mushrooms will cause more of these effects because you're eating more material. If you cook the mushrooms or make a tea you can avoid this.

Allergic reactions are also always a possibility.

--------------------
All posts by Lanceata are entirely artistic works of fiction and have no basis in reality.

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

Loc: The Sea at Le
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Lanceata]
    #15242071 - 10/18/11 07:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've had loss of coordination and grip with my hands the next day after ingesting tea.

I fell over climbing up my stairs with laundry in my hands the day after taking a heavy dose of freshies a few years back and had to crawl up the rest of the way into my home. It wasn't pleasant but it's definitely temporary.

EVERYONE I tell this story doubts my ID methods. I just expect it now, and then I reassure them and tell them to look at google and let them know it's a somewhat common thing and it varies person to person, and seems to have no lingering effects after it wears off.

I really wish I knew what caused it, and if it were truly preventable. I'm not convinced about the tea, myself :/

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: nonchalant]
    #15242082 - 10/18/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've only played with cubes. And every time, I was weak stomached, followed by what I can best describe as funny.

I felt like I ate something that I shouldn't have. All in all, that's what you get for eating magic mushrooms lol.

The nausea went away after the funny feelings took onto the trip.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Icesyn]
    #15242275 - 10/18/11 09:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Being this is Hunting and ID, you should try the Psychedelic Experience Forum

Since you have it in your head that this must be toxic effect, all I can suggest is you stop eating mushrooms. They are not for everyone. 

Ps... Never eat raw mushrooms... What is told to people who hunt eat wild mushrooms.

This thread sounds familiar actually...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: HarryL]
    #15242508 - 10/18/11 10:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why are you telling me this then?

Invisiblekoraks
    #15242511 - 10/18/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think it was directed at mushroomexplorer.

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

#15242514 - 10/18/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hard to tell when my name is in the title of their reply ya know?

Invisiblekoraks
    #15242602 - 10/18/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, but not everyone takes the time to select the proper post to respond to. You'll have to accept that, otherwise your life on the Shroomery will be very frustrating indeed :wink:

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: north-south-east coast fl... Flag
    #15242621 - 10/18/11 12:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

lots of yawning

Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Madcaps]
    #15242728 - 10/18/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madcaps said:
lots of yawning

True that.  This conversation has been had Many times here.. And I doubt anyone has anything new and factual to bring to the table..

--------------------

Edited by ehtdaedlufetarg (10/18/11 12:36 PM)

OfflineRickyJ
One Funky Homo sapien

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: LanLord]
    #19279537 - 12/15/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LanLord said:
I've had it several times after large amounts of cyans.  But never after similar amounts of "cyanofriscosas".

1 - 3.9gm cyans+lemontek.  Next morning, while eating breakfast, I couldn't keep my mouth closed and food just dropped out like I had just been to the dentist.

2 - 5gm cyans.  Carrying fish bowl with water up stairs, began to shake and lose muscle tone, had to set the bowl down and sit on the stairs for a minute or two before I recovered.

3 - 5gm cyans.  I was mounting the wife when my arms gave out.  I literally dropped onto her and couldn't move.  She thought I was having a heart attack - scared the shit out of her.  I told her I had a muscle cramp.

There have been a couple other times, usually pass within a few minutes and I can usually feel it building.  It's not like I immediately lose control, it seems to fade gradually over a minute or two and come back the same way.

Definitely can back this up. a 4.1g dose of dried Psilocybe Cyanescens mixed with a beer and a shot or two of Jagermeister really did someone I know in. At a show, experienced massive muscle weakness, trouble walking, hideous body load, and trouble falling asleep, long after the experience.
Next morning, trouble walking and it felt like the ol' legs were made of goo. Chewing cereal, it was hard to clench hard enough to crunch it down. Took a good two days to recover.

Definitely an electrolyte imbalance. Etermely dehydrated, also hypothesizing that it Psilocybe cyanescens play a role in calcium uptake (hence the inability for muscles to work as normal). Maybe an extreme amount of Vitamin D or a similar Vitamin D molecule?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder