Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Pacmanpth]
    #15210610 - 10/11/11 04:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Were they drinking or did he take any opiates? Mushrooms contain chemicals that make you "dream" so your mind could definitely get tired as shit. Unconscious people will breathe, as their primal brain function is still working, fuck, dead people breathe. The problem with opiates is people getting too relaxed and, as was stated, people forget to breathe lol. What'd the doctor say?

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#15210612 - 10/11/11 04:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm starting to doubt this whole situation since OP hasn't come back with any real info.  Somebody freaked out, happens all the time.

Offlinetrophycase
Dickface

#15211359 - 10/11/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pacmanpth said:
If he was coming down, he may have been very dehydrated.  Dehydrated + subjective reality can cause some very frightening experiences.  I've had severe panic from that plus insomnia before, and I could easily see how enough of that could cause heart issues, the scarily negative large scale existential thoughts that I had in that state made me literally go into full panic flight mode until I passed out and rolled off the back of a golf cart.  Stress kills...seriously, make sure your body is well prepared before an adventure.

Last week I had been awake for about 36 hours and was getting ready for 8am class. I smoked a huge bowl because it's algebra, and it sucks. I then smoked a cigarette on my way to class (I don't smoke a whole lot of tobacco). I put the cigarette out and went in and sat down and realized how GONE I was. My heart began to race and I began wondering if it's possible for my body to shut down from the THC, lack of sleep, or possibly the 2c-i I had come down from about 6 hours prior to class. I also couldn't remember the last time I had a drink. Just thinking about all this made me feel like I might stop breathing, or go into cardiac arrest. I almost had to run out of class until my friend sat next to me and calmed me down.

I have also been close to losing consciousness on mushrooms. It can get very mentally overwhelming. I don't think it's a pharmacological reaction to the mushrooms. I think that losing consciousness while tripping is just a very confusing/intense mental phenomena. I lost consciousness and stopped breathing for about 30 seconds on 5-meo-DMT. I thought that I had died.

I think that people just need not underestimate the power that the substances they're taking can have over their mind/body/soul.

--------------------
All of the cultivation photos uploaded by this account were taken in an area of the globe where such practices are legal and uninhibited.

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: trophycase]
    #15220525 - 10/13/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trophycase said:
I have also been close to losing consciousness on mushrooms. It can get very mentally overwhelming. I don't think it's a pharmacological reaction to the mushrooms. I think that losing consciousness while tripping is just a very confusing/intense mental phenomena. I lost consciousness and stopped breathing for about 30 seconds on 5-meo-DMT. I thought that I had died.

I think that people just need not underestimate the power that the substances they're taking can have over their mind/body/soul.

Very much understand the overwhelming feeling on psychedelics.  You are very correct in that it isn't a pharmacological reaction.  Your senses are producing experiences far different from your normal perception of reality as a result of the psychedelics.  Being overwhelmed by this can be mitigated to a trivially manageable level through proper body, mind, and spirit preparation, as you point out in your last statement.  Developing a strong, lean body, an agile, inquisitive mind, and a radiant, light spirit alters the experience of psychedelics in paradigm shattering ways.  We are all capable of simply and easily forming ourselves into amazing beings with those attributes, all that is required is understanding, acceptance, love, and a dash of effort and creativity.  My experience now is more like walking around a beautiful, efficient, intelligent theme park, than the sometimes frightening experiences I used to have.  I experience emotions, thoughts, imagery, and sounds on an adventure more from the perspective of "Hey, check that out, that's really neat!" now than an experience that has the potential to flood me with panic, paranoia, edginess, and similar unpleasant states of consciousness.

Edited by Pacmanpth (10/13/11 04:26 PM)

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
    #15222260 - 10/13/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The psychiatric effects of psilocybe mushrooms still do not explain respiratory arrest imo

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Tien]
    #15222618 - 10/13/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tien said:
The psychiatric effects of psilocybe mushrooms still do not explain respiratory arrest imo

Ever had a panic attack?

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15222654 - 10/13/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pacmanpth said:
Quote:

Tien said:

Ever had a panic attack?

Quote:

Panic attack is almost a normal reaction to stress. It enhances your sense of fear and anxiety but in most cases it is not dangerous-panic attack will not cause a heart attack, respiratory arrest or collapse

http://www.anxietyandpanicattacksite.com/489/panic-attack/

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

#15222714 - 10/13/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tien said:
Panic attack is almost a normal reaction to stress. It enhances your sense of fear and anxiety but in most cases it is not dangerous-panic attack will not cause a heart attack, respiratory arrest or collapse

I didn't fall into that "most cases" category, I just fell onto the road and almost cracked my head open, lol.  Stress kills, avoid at all costs.  I'm not saying it absolutely explains what happened, I'm saying it can explain it in some cases, and may be the case here.

Edited by Pacmanpth (10/13/11 10:51 PM)

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15222841 - 10/13/11 11:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, it is a possibility.

But idk..I just don't buy it. Sounded like a very serious situation since they had EMS there...a bit fishy.

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

#15222871 - 10/13/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tien said:

But idk..I just don't buy it. Sounded like a very serious situation since they had EMS there...a bit fishy.

A bit yes, lack of sleep and dehydration on an already overstressed mind plus comedown effects though...realistically that can easily be a serious situation.  Not certain if those were the variables present in this case, but it sounds like a non near-0% possibility. Depends very much on his general lifestyle as well as conditional health of that day in particular.

Edited by Pacmanpth (10/13/11 11:22 PM)

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15222938 - 10/13/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Either way I think OP was trollin since he never followed up.

:maximumtrolling:

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

#15222963 - 10/13/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tien said:
Either way I think OP was trollin since he never followed up.

:maximumtrolling:

Possible, though it serves as a prudent reminder that daily physical and mental conditioning are fundamental to safe adventures in the spiritual realms.

Anonymous #2

#15223162 - 10/14/11 12:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

quote from book 80kg adult woudl need to consume 22grames of pure psilocybin or 500grame of dried cubes in order to earn a 50% chance at death. infact caffeine is more 1.5 times more dangerus

Edited by Anonymous (10/14/11 12:46 AM)

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15223189 - 10/14/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
quote from book 80kg adult woudl need to consume 22grames of pure psilocybin or 500grame of dried cubes in order to earn a 50% chance at death. infact caffeine is more 1.5 times more dangerus

From what I've read, based on LD50, it was suggesting closer to 2 kilograms of dried for toxicity to result.  That may, however, be an underestimate of the Psilocybin concentration per mushroom mass.

Edited by Pacmanpth (10/14/11 12:59 AM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15237000 - 10/17/11 03:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Did he "fast" before his trip?  Hypoglycemia can be real nasty, pale in the face, unresponsive, fall on your face nasty, especially when you've just gone through a big event like that.  And as far as I can tell the "stopped breathing" thing is unsubstantiated.  "He then stopped breathing according to her"...but did he actually stop breathing?  Maybe she was like "OMG, HE STOPPED BREATHING, GIVE HIM CPR!!!1"  But did he really stop breathing?

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15237020 - 10/17/11 03:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would bet a lot of money that he either passed out or had a seizure. Both are known to happen, and someone who has passed out and is unable to be woken can be mistaked very easily for someone who has stopped breathing.

Also, we don't know what else he may have taken.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract