Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Cannabutter help (high quality herb)
    #15213249 - 10/12/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So im making butter for the first time in years, Im fucking stoked.

Using around 6 grams of super high quality bud.
8 grams of  already vaped weed, and about 6-8 grams of stems leaves ect.

I was planning on using 2 sticks of super fatty butter do you guys think it will be enough plant material.
Last time I did this used mids and trimings and had about an oz but used 4 sticks of butter and the cookies kicked your ass.

Going to use the recipe here (grasscity) any feed back will be appreciated :thumbup:

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: trekie]
    #15213272 - 10/12/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like a good tek..

i usually do cooking oil, but its the same tek pretty much.

Quote:

do you guys think it will be enough plant material.

It should leave u with least 5-10 doses if its done right :vaped:

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: P-O]
    #15213283 - 10/12/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah just last time I did it the bud wasn't as good and this shit is pricey dont want to be wasting it haven't had edibles done right in years.

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

#15213299 - 10/12/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i wanna share the last time i made eatables ..

Quote:

2 days ago i made a banana bread.  i used 36 grams of bud, in cooking oil.  My friend said he did a "batch with 30 grams", what he didnt tell me was his "batch" was 3 loafs (10grams per loaf, mine was 35 in one!!!)..

So last night at ten i ate 2 slices... They didnt even taste like weed (strain your oil guys).  I didnt even think i was gonna get a buzz, because i was burnt out from smoking all day.

MAN WAS I WRONG!!!

By midnight i was high, 1am i was peaking hard  !  I was soooooo fuckin high.  Closed eye visuals, Extreme Parinoia, no energy to move at all, tongue felt like sand paper, and my whole body was shaking like i was freezing cold.  I knew i wasnt gonna od no matter what, but it still was not fun.  id rather eat 5 grams of mush then do that again!!

I was trippin balls like this till 6 am.  Then i passed out sitting up!  I have had no desire to smoke since last night...  that shit was too much!

Moral of story:  always double check your dosage .  I prob ate 5-7 gram in one sitting

Edited by P-O (10/12/11 11:05 AM)

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: P-O]
    #15213328 - 10/12/11 11:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Man thats great! I made cookies peanut butter cookies once with a hash glaze.

we figured that we had about 3 grams in each cookie but then again with the hash glaze omg

Last few times I ate edibles I felt nothing but I think it was there fail in preparation plus amount of material per stick of butter.

Alright im going to buy some fucking butter!

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

#15213704 - 10/12/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Its in the fridge now already my house reeks and its so so green :awehigh:

Hope I didnt fuck up by grinding up my buds. figured more surface area the better.

:bongload:

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #15213866 - 10/12/11 01:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's really important that you use UNSALTED butter.  The guy in the tek used salted butter and that's not good for baking.
I also think the water method is more fool proof.

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15214214 - 10/12/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

oil will last longer.

and second on the dosage, .5 had me blazed.

oh, and double boiler.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #15214345 - 10/12/11 02:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used some german butter but I dont think it will last all too long anyway :awehigh:.

hmmm maybe melt a bit on my pop corn too  :homerdrool: .

I didnt burn the butter and I dont know as someone who cooks adding butter to water like that just didnt seem right I will report back results tomorrow.

with pic if i can find my cam

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #15214358 - 10/12/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I cook as well.  The butter and water is perfect.  The water never allows the butter to burn, and it keeps the temp regulated.  You can even keep it at a rolling boil with no ill effect.  Then you strain it, put the water and butter together in the frige.  The butter rises to the surface and hardens and you just take it off in a nice flat disc.  The key is that it doesn't burn or allow the temperature to rise to the point where THC vaporizes or the plant material burns.

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15214415 - 10/12/11 02:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ah butter didnt burn light simmer . Been working to long in kitchens  besides butter browns  at 220ish  and i got no wear near that  candy thermometer read 180 at the top end

Maybe for people with out a therm or less experience i saw the water as an unnecessary step :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #15214748 - 10/12/11 03:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've done cannabutter in water and I've done it stove top with nothing but butter... both ways work fine. 

But my preferred method is the slow cooker.  I use 5.5 oz of trim to 4 lbs of butter, in a Hamilton Beach
crock pot ($45 on Amazon) set to "warm", for 48 hours.  Note, you'll have to re-set the crock pot every 15
hours or something, as it has an auto-shutoff timer.  To the point, this method of making butter is hands
off, just stir it a couple of times throughout, strain, and you'll have some KILLER cannabutter. :toomuchacid:

The 5.5 oz of trim to 4 lbs butter typically yields about 5 - 5.5 cups of finished product.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabutter help (high quality herb) [Re: geokills]
    #15214781 - 10/12/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Holy shit! 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds