Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong?
    #1519303 - 05/04/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Greets,
My iguana cased his jars five days ago.  Mycelia was poking through in numerout places, so he lowered the temp (69-75ish), started air circulation, and began using light.  The light has worked for PCub before, so I know thats not the issue.  He mists the casings about 4x a day with a 1:10 h2o2/h2o mixture. He usually shines a flashlight on the cakes (the actinic blue light doesn't work for this) and mists until he can see that the top layer of the casing material is soaked wet, with no 'beads' of water sitting on it.  The mycelia continued to grow for a few days, but it looks like that stopped.  When should he see pins? The air exchange takes place by putting a window fan on the top of the terrarium "aimed" out (so that it is forcing air away from the inside of the terrarium).  This occurs for a few hours per day.  Anything I'm missing?  Should I try anything else? Or is it the tried and true "patience" answer :smile:  I appreciate the help

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1519317 - 05/04/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yep patience. how long has it been in the fruiting chamber now?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1519321 - 05/04/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yes your humidity is most liekly too low-having dripping water everywhere helps growth so much that i cant even explain it until you bump up the humidity and see for urself

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: jakeholman]
    #1519324 - 05/04/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I'll try to do ALOT more mistings. I'm trying to always make that top layer totally saturated.  They have been exposed to fruiting conditions for five days now.  The last time I did this i WAY fucked up and had a ton of overlay, but at least I could see the pins starting.  Do they just push up from the dirt even if their is no visible mycelia there? I'm going to definatly increase the humidity, thanks Jake :smile:

Jr

and btw jakes, crotch rockets DO, indeed, rule :smile:

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1519365 - 05/04/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

LOL ya man for sure!!  there nothing like a fast bike.  anyway, hehe, misting will work, to keep the humidity up, but it will take mucho longer for pins, and they will grow incredibly slow.  what u need to do is get perlite on the bottom-perlite layer=twice that of water on the bottom, or so- and concentrate on spraying the sides and layering everything ELSE with water to keep humidity up.  and they will only grow throught the dirt if the substrate was exposed to light beforehand, but they still can grow through.  and stay away from saturating that top layer, expecially if there is mycelium there. if there isnt any then u want it nice and MOIST, but if there is mycelium everywhere and its not bone dry then leave it and only spray it every few days.  and u want to keep that layer moist and thats it. once mycelium has grown through all the way, the casing layer has lost some of its purpose, and if there are no pins to date, then the air around it needs to supply the myc with that extra humidity boost that it needs.
hope that helps :wink: :grin: Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1519439 - 05/04/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using the perlite thing already.  Ithink I'm keeping them a bit too cold, gonna try for around 75-78 now  thanks for the input :smile:

jR

--------------------

OfflineWapo
journeyman
    #1519793 - 05/04/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is just a guess but i think your putting in too much h2o2 in your misting solution. This might be slowing down growth and delaying pinning

check out htis link it has info on how much h2o2 is acceptable to P.C.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23462

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: Wapo]
    #1521322 - 05/05/03 06:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, anyone else have a thought on the h2o2? It's one part h2o2 to 10 parts water. Think thats too much?Thanks for the input!

Jr

--------------------

Offlinehazeblaze
Dreamwalker
    #1521432 - 05/05/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think your humidity should be fine...I only mist mine once a day and I don't have problems with pinning anymore...the trick for me was cold shock...left cases refrigerated for about 24hrs then put them in fruiting chamber...usually starts fruiting within about 24hrs after being placed from refrigerator to fruiting chamber

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: hazeblaze]
    #1521806 - 05/05/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The temp got down into the high sixties for a few days, now I've raised to around 79 degrees. Humidity is still EXTREMELY high, A few mistings per day. 5-7 hours of light, a few hours of forced air induction per day, and still ,no pins. Are Lipa Yai's slow to colonize / fruit? Thanks for the info

--------------------

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

#1521908 - 05/05/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've waited 21 days for pins before, so just be patient :laugh:

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1521917 - 05/05/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you gotta wait another week or so :tongue:

Offlinepeeko
poop
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #1521993 - 05/05/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if your humidity is EXTREMELY high then maybe it is too high?

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: peeko]
    #1522131 - 05/05/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Is the air exchange putting in humid air? A few hours a day seems a little excessive to me, but im not sure.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Pinning still not happening, what am I doing wrong? [Re: tak_old]
    #1522294 - 05/05/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, the air exchange is actually exhaust.  I put a window fan on the top of the terr aiming UP (So the air is being sucked out of and pushed away from the terrarium)  The humidity on the hygrometer reads around 90%, but that is just from the perlite, I mist the casing directly a few times per day.  Five to seven hours of light per day.  The mycelia itself has stopped growing, as I can see that it's not getting any bigger, but no pinning yet.  I really hope htey pop up soon :smile:  The air exhange lowers the temp, since it's a bit chilly around here, goes from the 78-80 range down to like, 69 degrees maybe? but it warms up again really quick.  Does anyone see anything they'd change? SHould I not be misting with the h2o2 solution?

thanks!

JR

btw TAK your avator is the shit :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1522564 - 05/05/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Is it too late now for me to cold shock them for 10-15 hours?Anyone have recommendations?
Jr

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1522572 - 05/05/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it is not too late, but most likely you will see instant pins if you got a humidifier and "accidentally" left it on all night long. AFOAF woke up one morning to see that shrooms that were growing on poo for about 3 days and only got to 1" mushroomed up to 4 or 5, with the end result being in a 375 wet gram flush with 8.5" monsters.
Jake H

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1522667 - 05/05/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm gonna moisten these fuckers all night tonight :smile:  I've continued sprayign them as soon as the surface looks a teensy bit dry.  Temp is around 75-80.  Air exchanges occuring for about 2 hours per day.  I'm hoping this occurs soon, it's been about five days now.  I've read that Lipa Yai's are fast fruiters... pfft, not for me.    Any ideas on what to do? Should I turn off the tank heaters tonight in the dark cycle, then mist it really good a few tiems?

Jr

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1522777 - 05/05/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

definetely leave it at room temp and dont spray the casing layer! it is the air that will help, as well as a DAMP casing layer that can breathe.

--------------------

Offlinemccoy
Experiencer
    #1522796 - 05/05/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hell no, cold shock those bad boys!!! i have three casings right now, were in te fruiting chamber for a week, showed no signs.......cold shocked for 24 hrs... and voila, five days later, i have my first harvest. it worked out quite nice because they all started pinning at once. if you are using casings, your humidity might be a little too high considering you are using perlite and misting five times a day. casings do not need as much humidity as cakes do, that is the whole point of casind. fanning your casing is to regulate humidity and oxygen to your children. i fan mine about twice a day for about 30 seconds. i also use the perlite methods and make sure the temp is around 75. but just be patient. it sounds like you got everything under control. happy harvesting.

mccoy

--------------------
Deep is the world of one consumed in shrooms........though we cannot know anything, it is the puzzle of such a deep world that pulls curious minds into its poetry.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate