Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineScumBagMaximum
Recovering CPAddict

Loc: california
parents and trips
    #1521277 - 05/05/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

my parents told me that they wouldn't mind if i took mushrooms as long as i know they are 100% safe and not going to kill me, but when i trip i can't help but feel bad, like i'm letting them down somehow. i think things like "they were good parents and they raised me good, what am i doing taking drugs?" it doesn't make it a bad trip, i just have a guilty feeling at the back of my mind during the trip. does anyone else get these kind of feelings or thoughts?

--------------------
~~SBM~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: parents and trips [Re: ScumBagMaximum]
    #1521284 - 05/05/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't, but I don't live with my parents.
My guess is you feel guilty because you think that your parents say it's ok, but they don't mean it or something. To solve this problem you should talk to your parents about it, wich shouldn't be a problem since they already know you trip. Just ask them what they really think of it. Maybe you get rid of the guilty feeling after you talked about it with your parents.
I know this isn't an easy thing to do... but maybe a good idea. It's up to you :grin:

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1521780 - 05/05/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if u think that the mushrooms are just a drug then stop eating them :mad:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: parents and trips [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1521831 - 05/05/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can imagine that when everybody around you is telling that drugs are bad and shrooms are a bad drug that, while you know it's not bad and not just a drug, you get a bad feeling about it while tripping.

I think Stefan is right. Sometimes it's better for your guilty feeling when your parents just tell you they forbid shrooms than when the tell you it's ok but you still know they don't like it. Maybe your parents don't mean to cause that guilty feeling and I think the best thing to do is to talk to you parent.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1521990 - 05/05/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

magic mushrooms are a drug! what do you think they are? :laugh:

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: parents and trips [Re: stefan]
    #4683395 - 09/19/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
Quote:

magic mushrooms are a drug! what do you think they are? :laugh: 

i, like stefan here, think that mushrooms are MORE then JUST a drug, while certainly they fit the dictionary definition of a drug, i find them to be a more spiritual and personal experience and certainly dont think of them as a method for getting "fuxxored up"

WHOOPS, that thing at the bottom that shows similar threads doesn't really pay attention to dates. dang.

Edited by sander (09/19/05 06:59 PM)

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: parents and trips [Re: sander]
    #4683897 - 09/19/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sry, but herbs, shrooms, and other ethnogens are not "drugs". When was the last time you took aspirin, or Oxycodone, and the next day was left asking yourself,"Is that what the afterlife is like?". Many, MANY times, we see former athiests left in doubt after a good ethnogentile experience.

InvisibleschoolOnCid
Stranger
    #4683923 - 09/19/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ScumBagMaximum said:
my parents told me that they wouldn't mind if i took mushrooms as long as i know they are 100% safe and not going to kill me,  but when i trip i can't help but feel bad, like i'm letting them down somehow. i think things like "they were good parents and they raised me good, what am i doing taking drugs?" it doesn't make it a bad trip, i just have a guilty feeling at the back of my mind during the trip. does anyone else get these kind of feelings or thoughts? 

Do it with them  :heart:

Offlinepeavyxs
The one. The only.
 User Gallery

Loc: GA
Re: parents and trips [Re: schoolOnCid]
    #4684319 - 09/19/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeh man. ask your folks if they would want to do it with you one weekend. or something like that, and if they say yes... plan out the best time of their life.

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: parents and trips [Re: FungusMan]
    #4696866 - 09/22/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FungusMan said:
Sry, but herbs, shrooms, and other ethnogens are not "drugs". When was the last time you took aspirin, or Oxycodone, and the next day was left asking yourself,"Is that what the afterlife is like?". Many, MANY times, we see former athiests left in doubt after a good ethnogentile experience.

?
i think what you just said is that if i want to know what the afterlife is like i should take a assload of aspirin. well your right, that is a pretty surefire way to end up dead or atleast in the ER. i dont really know what you meant when you said that "herbs, mushrooms, and other ethnogens" are not drugs. i dont really have anything to say to that interesting statement.

as for asking the parents if they want to trip with him. dang, that makes my imagination go wild. i wonder what that would be like. i could never go there, but damn, that would be an experience all right.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: parents and trips [Re: sander]
    #4696886 - 09/22/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hate to interupt this enlightening conversatoin, but it appears that sander here is a necromancer...

OfflineLiQuidSlim
Chillin

Loc: Houston, TX
Re: parents and trips [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4939454 - 11/15/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Don't feel bad that you are taking shrooms, they are not bad. They aren't just a drug, eventhough by law, etc. they fit profile, they are used throughout the world for religious and spritual ceremonies. They open the mind more. Take shrooms with your parents,
You are very lucky that you have some that are as open as yours.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: parents and trips [Re: LiQuidSlim]
    #4939546 - 11/15/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yea man your a lucky guy i wish i could trip with my parents.
I might be able to get my mom.
i love to trip alone because i just get so deep in thought that i just cant talk or pay attention with groups and i tend to get more paranoid in groups.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #4939584 - 11/15/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hamurabi said:

word

thats probably the problem, like, if my mom said, "go ahead honey, shoot up some speedball"

id prolly still feel bad, mushrooms arent a drug, implant that thought in your silly little domepiece, mushrooms are "vehicles of mind expansion" ok.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: parents and trips [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4939649 - 11/15/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my mom is very spiritually attuned and has had her share of phsychedelic experiences in her prime. whenever i trip i (useually) always spend the reflection portion of the trip talking with my mother.

time and time again, i feel the strong urge to go and experience my journey with my mom there. its a feeling of ultimate security and understanding. motherly love is the best gift a mushroom trip could ever recieve.

SM

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: parents and trips [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #4939689 - 11/15/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, its easy to necropost with that 'related threads' thing in the bottom there :smile:

I think my parents would freak if they knew my drug usage. Although I'm sure my mom knows I smoke weed (I bought her a grinder for mothersday, *laugh*, but she only smokes for 100% medical reasons). Today she was asking me what I wanted for an x-mas gift. I told her "well, I could use a nice set of wine glasses", and she was none to impressed at the idea of me drinking wine/booze :P

some days I think she may know (I've talked to her on the phone while rolling once, and while tripping once), I'm not so sure. She is /very/ anti-drugs for various reasons (of which I sympathize with, but they are personal)

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: parents and trips [Re: kaniz]
    #4943032 - 11/16/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my parents have known about my drug use since I was 17 (which incl. marijuana, mushrooms, and acid). They are cool with it, and I think before the end of 2006 I wil lhave tripped with my dad. I donno if my mom has any interest in drugs at all anymore. They both have a lot of tripping experience (my dad claims 100+ trips in 2 years back in the day). I feel incredibly blessed to have the parents that I do (esp. when it comes to drugs).

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineCannabisman
Stranger
Re: parents and trips [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4945432 - 11/17/05 07:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Both my parents know I smoke weed, but they do it themselves so why should they care, and I don't think they'd really care if I did shrooms cause my sister has done Shrooms, E, crack.. she was with the wrong crowd doin the chemicals at the time..

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: parents and trips [Re: Cannabisman]
    #4951743 - 11/18/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I don't seek the approval of my parents to do anything in life. Hence, we have completely different interests. I'm 30 now, but it's been this way since I was a teenager. When I got a computer and started programming, both of my parents knew nothing about computers. The same goes for all of my other interests, including psychedelics.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: parents and trips [Re: nookjohn]
    #4953457 - 11/18/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nookjohn said:
I don't seek the approval of my parents to do anything in life. Hence, we have completely different interests. I'm 30 now, but it's been this way since I was a teenager. When I got a computer and started programming, both of my parents knew nothing about computers. The same goes for all of my other interests, including psychedelics.

Two examples directly involved in my life. I do attribute it to the fact that I really wasn't interested in them being involved in these things. Especially the more (or less) innocent example. Some kids would enjoy sharing with their parents, but when it comes down to it I simply didn't allow them too close to me. Some parents don't take to this, and will pull pretty hard if it's done. Not mine though... something could be said about that, but when it comes down to it, it was my own doing.

Such a distance doesn't really get to me. Though, it has on very intense mushroom trips. Just the idea that they haven't a clue who I am. Do they think they know. Or are they curious? Do they Care?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: parents and trips [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4953662 - 11/18/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i am and always have been very close to my mom, she has always allowed me to be very open by being very receptive, i wasnt really allowed to do any drugs untill i was 17, at that point she started treating me like a complete adult but in return expected me too act in that manner, we have talked about tripping and she was always very cool with it, she grew up in the early 70's and did a lot of acid and mescaline, she smokes weed to this day, ive tried to talk her into doing some mushrooms, but she simply hasnt any interest in tripping anymore,
but if you arent close to your parents, i suggest that you get that way, my mom is my best freind, and i wouldnt have it any other way, she also isnt afraid to be my mom when the times come though too, which is a fine line to walk, but you really should get to know your parents, you did pick them, after all

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds