Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Mycobags, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

First Time Corncob / MycoBag Casing Plans
    #1521175 - 05/05/03 05:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, a fried of mine asked me to post this for him, I have no idea why, if he has any of these things, or what, but he is a friend, so I am doing it.

Materials:
Myco Enviroment Bag
1 pound of humidity releasing perlite
1 grow chamber w/ hepa-type filter, clear top.
Golden Teacher Syringe
5lb Corncob bedding
4 cups of water

The plan:
Instead of producing a PF Cake, my friend thinks that because he is a newb and worried about sterility in PF Jars (and may have mentioned that he already bought the grow bag), he thinks he wants to innoculate the bag to produce a cake. As in, once colanization is complete in the bag, my friend wants to treat that as a cake to be used in the method. From pics and some measurements, the sizes of the pf cake and the myco bag Mycelium look the same. As long as the colony is removed at the right time from the bag, my friend thinks that should work as a cake.
Case the cake in the Corncob Mycelium Slurry tek.
That is basically it. So I suppose, the reason I am posting this is because, even though I know and understand why people like the jar method, my friend says he already has the bag and thinks it will be easier for him to use that than to try to make a pf cake (even though he wants to try the pf cake eventually to, he tells me). Will the bag's colony be viable in the casing tek? What do you guys think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: First Time Corncob / MycoBag Casing Plans [Re: ]
    #1521417 - 05/05/03 10:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have a few more questions. I did some more reading, the bag will work fine. I'm confused to the draining. How do I drain the mush?

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: First Time Corncob / MycoBag Casing Plans [Re: ]
    #1524670 - 05/06/03 03:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I researched the corncob method a while back looking through old posts. A lot of people claim to be disappointed with it. It looks really impressive at first because the corncob all colonizes okay, but it's not really an adequate food source and produces small yields. Yes this will tek will probably work, but if you're new at this and concerned about contaminating a pf cake-- which is really hard to do IMOA-- then why would you mess with something more experimental like corncob?

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: First Time Corncob / MycoBag Casing Plans [Re: Demiurge]
    #1524692 - 05/06/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I also just noticed this in the tek:

>>"This gives you a huge amount of spawn to play with.. like for inoculating straw, or wood, or cardboard, or whatever..."
>>"This will enable you to experiment with things like straw a whole lot more"

The tek doesn't talk about casing the corncob straight. The tek is meant for producing a mycelium slurry that can be used as a spawn to innoculate bulk substrate like straw or poo, NOT as a substrate itself. I hope this clears everything up. :wink:

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Mycobags, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation