Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

democracy in america
    #1520401 - 05/04/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

everything else aside, i think if our government tried to do something major that more than half the population didn't agree with, i don't think it would get very far.

if 60% of americans had been in opposition to the war, i think things would have been a little different. if 60% of americans wanted marijuana legalized, i'm sure it would be. it's not really about laws and offices and politicians, it's about what people will put up with and what they won't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: democracy in america [Re: ]
    #1520497 - 05/04/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Tell me then, mushmaster, how exactly I would go about not "putting up with" something.

and dude they're doing things most of us wouldn't agree with all the time, they just don't tell us about it, or they coat it with propaganda, or they let terrorist attacks happen and then say "hey this is all for your own safety - you DO want to be SAFE, DON'T YOU?! ::insert cocking-gun sounds here::"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/04/03 09:25 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1520558 - 05/04/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The bad thing is is that they can convince the people of everything by using the media.

It doesn't matter what most of the people think if they don't know both sides of the story.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: democracy in america [Re: Learyfan]
    #1520561 - 05/04/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah... too many Americans follow the President blindly because it's "unpatriotic" not to... if more people were more educated about the war more people would be opposed to it. I firmly believe that.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Edited by SlapnutRob (05/04/03 09:50 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: democracy in america [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1520580 - 05/04/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's just like how I eat meat. If I had to watch a video of a cow being killed before I bought hamburger I probably wouldn't do it. But I block that out. To me, it's just a product.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

Re: democracy in america [Re: Strumpling]
    #1520586 - 05/04/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

is there any government policy you can think of that more than half of america does not support?

(i'm not saying that this is a good thing, of course).

Edited by mushmaster (05/04/03 10:01 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1520674 - 05/04/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's what I meant with the last post....... they gain support through propaganda, not by giving us the facts and the INTENTIONS.

If they actually gave us facts and REAL INTENTIONS behind all this crap, I don't know if there would be much that more than half of america supported. Of course "if they actually gave us facts and intentions," rofl, we wouldn't already be in so deep

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Anonymous

#1520681 - 05/04/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

what i'm saying here is that for the most part, america is a democracy, and much moreso than it should be. alot of the problems we see are caused by this.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1521106 - 05/05/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think we have many problems caused by the government wanting to control everything too.. heh looks like we disagree on this one :wink:

Peace tho, eh? surely we agree on that one :tongue:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1521220 - 05/05/03 04:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hello? The government was behind the terrorist attacks. There's mountains of evidence. Have you looked at the documents of the second patriot act? They want to turn our country into a fascist police state.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1521224 - 05/05/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can't believe people are still reproducing in this hole we're digging ourselves into

--------------------

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1521333 - 05/05/03 06:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Democracy works on not agression but lies and a financial control.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1521364 - 05/05/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Hello? The government was behind the terrorist attacks."

I swear, statements like this make my blood boil. Agree with the government or disagree, thats your perogative. I'll debate your stance with you, we'll hash it out. But idiotic statements like this are just...Urgh! Do you honestly think your government is THAT evil that they would kill 3000 of their citizens?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Anonymous

Re: democracy in america [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1521677 - 05/05/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The government doesn't care about the people. They think of us as cattle. I think Bush should be impeached for passing the patriot act, especially since congress wasn't allowed to read it before they passed it. The bully passage of any legislation by the Executive Branch is clearly an impeachable offense.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1521683 - 05/05/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I agree man...... these guys are a fucking disgrace to the constitution

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1521703 - 05/05/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I think Bush should be impeached for passing the patriot act, especially since congress wasn't allowed to read it before they passed it. The bully passage of any legislation by the Executive Branch is clearly an impeachable offense.

Congress voted on the patriot act and passed it. If any should be impeached for this it should be the congressmen and congresswomen who voted for it. Bush could not accomplish the majority of what he has done without a complicit congress.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: democracy in america [Re: Evolving]
    #1522091 - 05/05/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I say kill em all and let god sort em out! :smirk:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: democracy in america [Re: Evolving]
    #1522137 - 05/05/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Congress voted on the patriot act and passed it. If any should be impeached for this it should be the congressmen and congresswomen who voted for it. Bush could not accomplish the majority of what he has done without a complicit congress.

It's good to see that at least a few here have a clue how this works.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: democracy in america [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1522702 - 05/05/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

congress signed it under duress... it should be repealed immediately. What would have happened if one congressman stood up and said "no I will not sign this piece of shit!"

"TRAITOR!!!!"

that's right. with a name like "patriot act" who would have the guts to oppose it? the name is very sleazy and Orwellian...

Anonymous

Re: democracy in america [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1522791 - 05/05/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so what if they called him or her a traitor?

signing that bill was a spineless move.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]