Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon The Doors, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
my house was broken into today. . . * 2
    #15207342 - 10/10/11 10:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

while i was sleeping i could hear strange noises in my house, but i didn't think much of it and went back to sleep. i kept hearing the same noise for a while and then decided to get up and see what was goin on.

my mum had left the doors open in the house

and there was a peculiar smell about the house. .  .

upon closer inspection, i discovered shit stains on the ground . . . :kingcrankey:

:wtfsonic::megacrankey:

the story started piecing itself together at this point. the loud high pitched noises i had heard previously while in bed, the strange noises my cat was making, the smell of shart all through the house, yes...it was then that i discovered this noble creature

:awedance::awehigh::awedance::awedance::awehigh::awedance:

at first he was all :angrykidface:

he was cool as shit man. i kind of wanted to keep him in my house, except for the fact that he shat all over everything. focker. he was really chilled but visibly shaken up and worried. he kept trying to fly through the glass plate windows, and was getting a bit worried when he realised he was trapped in a corner and was flying into invisible barriers.

but there was a door like just to the side of where he was under the couch, and i was trying to teach him how to fly out of the door, but first i kind of had to gain his trust and show him i wasn't trying to hurt him and all that. so i kind of took a non threatening position and chilled with him for a bit, didn't make any sudden or threatening movements, untill i gained his trust. then i started showing him he cant fly through the glass, and walking through the door to show him that was his escape. after a while he kind of understood, but he was too scared to venture out from under the couch and try to escape, because he probably thought i would attack him or something.

he was pretty damn cute though because everytime he would gather up the courage to make a dash for the door or to run out from under the couch he would chirp and run back again and hide in the curtains or something :awehigh:

in the mean time all of his other birds, maybe his family or something , were all sitting on the balcony outside chirping to him and giving me the evil eye. they all knew he was in the house as well.

but yeah finally what i did was lay down flat and kind of turned my head away so i was in the most non threatening position possible, and kept motioning for him to walk out the door, and he did. :awehigh:

he was liberated !

that was dank though man, i hope i encounter him again at some point in the future. :awehigh:

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDivineIntensity
Techno-Optimist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: Dosile Kouki] * 1
    #15207369 - 10/10/11 10:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Haha that's awesome dude

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: DivineIntensity]
    #15207394 - 10/10/11 10:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I want my bird back man.
He was supposed to fly in, grab your droogs and split the scene for home.
He's not a very smart bird though so if you'd like to keep him we can work something out.

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: DivineIntensity]
    #15207406 - 10/10/11 10:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:highfive::awehigh:

you better compensate me for him shitting all over my house then epsilon :crankey::lol:

i love birds though, they are great creatures. especially the majestic birds like eagles and condors and whatnot. i've had great experiences with birds in my life.

--------------------

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
    #15207515 - 10/10/11 10:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I love how, as you were figuring this out you thought to take pictures for the shroomery.

:rofl:

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: The Vapor]
    #15207558 - 10/10/11 10:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Vapor said:
I love how, as you were figuring this out you thought to take pictures for the shroomery.

:rofl:

:whathesaid:

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: imachavel]
    #15207570 - 10/10/11 10:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

at first i just wanted to get pics of the bird and all that, and possibly a video, but then i realised afterwards well hey i can make a story out of this and post it, so after i took photos of the shit on my floor and the open door. haha

--------------------

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #16107818 - 04/18/12 08:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

god damnit. another bird trapped in my house again. will upload photos later but i have to get to university soon. wtf is with these retardo birds that keep flying into my house. atleast this one hasn't shat all over everything yet :facepalm:

my cat keeps trying to eat it and shit

--------------------

OfflineDivineIntensity
Techno-Optimist
Male

Loc: Florida
    #16107922 - 04/18/12 08:39 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

They want some of your dr00gz

--------------------

Offlineeltonjohn
Funkpianist

Loc: Music
    #16108084 - 04/18/12 09:19 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

That bird looks computer animated

--------------------
:scarybeat:

My music

OfflineMorgenstern
Perkele

Loc: Flag
    #16108124 - 04/18/12 09:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dosile Kouki said:
god damnit. another bird trapped in my house again. will upload photos later but i have to get to university soon. wtf is with these retardo birds that keep flying into my house. atleast this one hasn't shat all over everything yet :facepalm:

my cat keeps trying to eat it and shit

Hey, I remember this thread.  My first impression was :haha: when I read the title.

and then it turned into :rofl2:

--------------------
Reviving the ancient future's religion.

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: Morgenstern]
    #16109415 - 04/19/12 01:05 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

this bird was pretty legit. the first one was a full derp. he would just fly head first into the windows and then flap his wings in a shit fit when he couldn't fly through the glass. damn retard bird. but this most recent bird was more clever. he knew he couldn't get out of the glass but was just observing everyone in the house and kind of hiding in the corner behind the blinds. once my cat got wind that the bird was in the house it was on. my cat was like leaping up at him trying to grab him and shit. but the bird would just fly up and hover for a second and drop down on the other side. i got my cat away and locked him in another room, and then opened the doors for this bird to exit and he figured it out instantly. as soon as i walked away from the doors he was gone.

:feelsgoodman:

hopefully this one returns like the last one did. for about a week after the first bird got trapped in my house, he kept flying back onto the balcony just outside the window. ofcourse all birds look the same, but i could have sworn it was him man. he looked and sounded the same, and he would just sit there and look at me and shit. birds almost never land on the balcony and just sit there. but this one came back for like a week every day in the same spot.

:awehigh:

and here is the resident gryphon that invaded my house today:

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#16109470 - 04/19/12 01:18 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Those birds qre a pest in melb. cant remember what theyre called indian somethings.. lyrebirds mayve

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #16109766 - 04/19/12 02:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Whoa, weird!

I recognized that bird, is that a common Mina Bird? I come from Hawaii, and they are EVERYWHERE. Do you live in Hawaii?

And apparently the Mina bird is from India. They make cool sounds too, like a Raptor or something.

So, what did it take from your house?

Kitty food thief?
~ LC

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #16109793 - 04/19/12 02:42 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

they have these in hawaii too? thats fairly cool. i'm in australia, and these birds are everywhere here too. as indica said they're a kind of pest.

i didn't notice anything about the sound the bird made to be peculiar or anything. it just sounded like any other regular bird with a high pitched squawk sort of thing.

but around my area we have all kinds of birds. pidgeons, crows, this mina/indian type of bird, the one from the OP. we even have a few awesome and exotic birds like those multi-coloured budgerigars (or whatever they're called) and cockatoos. theres actuall tonnes of cockatoos around my neighbourhood because we have giant pine trees all over, and the cockatoos like to get up in the trees and pick apart the pine cones for the nuts that are inside.

the bird took my boredom from the house.

--------------------

Offlinerunningfox2002
Engineer
Male User Gallery

#16109822 - 04/19/12 02:54 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Love the OP story and the update :laugh: awesome story minus the frustration lol.

--------------------
                              ...to have some fun?                            Nobody knows :wink:

Anything I say or talk about is strictly for my own search of knowledge and to satisfy my thirst of curiosity.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #16109838 - 04/19/12 03:00 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Oh cool, Australia!

Yup, in Hawaii, I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and the Mynah bird* is very common. They are on all the islands really, so they get around. Amazing how far they can fly. And whats cool is that they have kinda gang mentality: they will get into groups and form circles, they have like "fights" between 2 birds while the others squawk and "laugh". Its very cool to watch. I love the birds. They can be pretty annoying, but they are so interesting, like an ancient predator.

I bet Australia has so much diversity in birds, hell in all animals. That would awesome to see. Hey, if you see any more intruders, make sure to photograph them and post them! Im curious what else will sneak in your cool animal house.

Its nice to see the Mina in a new place, even if they are kinda of a pest.

I still love em.

Cheers to the Mynah* Bird!  :cheers:
~ LC

*fixed

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (04/19/12 04:41 AM)

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #16109906 - 04/19/12 03:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

it is fairly amazing how far some birds can fly. i saw on BBC's Frozen Planet, that there was some sort of bird that once its born and fly's out from its nest in antarctica, it flies for years on end or something?? i'm not sure exactly how long they said but it was ages.

i never really see them fighting or anything. or sometimes one bird chasing another, but i've never seen them all sitting around watching two birds fight or anything.

australia seems to have a bit of diversity in birds, but i don't think it's anymore then any other country with large rain forrests and all that. my area in particular has alot of birds because there is lots of very tall trees for the birds to nest in, and as i said before all the pinecones and things that the birds can feast on. sometimes its a bit of a curse because the birds are constantly chattering and chirping in the morning, but it's also kind of cool as well. you can just sit and listen to the birds.

one thing i've always noticed about the birds in my area, and this may just me being delusional or something.... but i seem to get the sense that the birds work in packs or groups. for e.g. , if i'll sit outside and stare at one bird in particular, other birds will come along and try to divert my attention away from it. i.e. do something like fly past or land somewhere in my line of sight, and then when i focus on this bird, the other one will use that chance to fly away and disapear. but the thing is that, it seems to happen endlessly. i guess it could just be the '2nd' bird just lands randomly as it normally would, and then the other bird who i was watching previously just see's it as a chance to escape while i'm not focusing on it. but i dunno. i always got the sense that the birds worked together.

i remember one time a bird flew into the big plate glass windows at our house, and unfortunately it died instantly. we left it for a few hours hoping it would regain conciousness and fly off, but when we got up close you could see it had snapped its neck. so we had to dispose of the bird, and i remember when i walked out it was 100% silent. like eerie-ly silent. usually the birds are all flying around and chirping etc etc. and again not to sound crazy but i really got the sense that all the birds in the area were watching me. like in my backyard there is atleast 3-4 MASSIVE trees, that are atleast like 10-20m tall, and they're all filled with birds and nests and things. and none of them made a sound during that time. :shrug: i dunno. sometimes i read into shit like that a bit much and think more is going on then what really is in reality...

i'm actually moving house in like a week or so, and as much as i bitch about the noise the birds make in the morning and how it can sometimes be disturbing, i'm sure once i move from here i'll miss the birds and just being able to wander out into the backyard and see what are the birds are up to and just enjoy wandering around and shit. the new house we're moving to is a small little shitty unit with no backyard and no real trees or anything like that. but then again its further out into a forrestish type area, so there may be new sorts of wildlife like wombats and kangaroos and stuff a bit further out in the parks. definately going to miss this house though when we move out.

theres been all kinds of animals and creatures that have gotten into my house. butterflies, bees & wasps (:crankey:), one time our neighbors dog got into our house. even a dragonfly got in the house once, except i didn't try to catch the dragonfly because that thing was sketch as hell and way too fast. the dragonfly wasn't a derp and found it's way out of the house easily though. i also get regular visits from possums. australian possums are awesome.

heres my cat passed out while holding my page for me while i study :lol:

also heres what i mean about how we have these giant trees where tonnes of birds thrive:

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#16109927 - 04/19/12 03:38 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Its an indian miner bird.they fuckin up the magpies brah. shouldve smashed the cunt

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: my house was broken into today. . . [Re: indica]
    #16109932 - 04/19/12 03:43 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon The Doors, Toilet Paper

Community >> The Pub