Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?!
    #1520688 - 05/05/03 12:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My mind, it won't stop thinking, its always racing, always thinking about 1000 things at once, it never stops. I can be talking to people, and be thinking about 3 other things. This helps me alot with arguments and stuff, and I would hate to lose it completely, but sometimes it drives me insane, i just want a break, even when I am trying to sleep it is going, and right when I wake up it is still going. I get the feeling it is still going when I sleep. I just want rest, some time where it shuts the fuck up.

I dont want a med that will take it away completely, i just want to beable to turn it off for once.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Sombie]
    #1520694 - 05/05/03 12:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

that sucks

OfflineAbFab
me

Loc: Here
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Adden]
    #1520885 - 05/05/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like you just need to calm down a little. check out the thread called "can you close your eyes and think of nothing" here in support group, there may be some advice in there that will help you to calm your mind down. maybe try meditating or something. it seems like a focus problem more than anything.

--------------------
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when your uncool.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1520900 - 05/05/03 01:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've had the same problem my whole life. When I was younger I used large quantities af alcohol and other drugs to escape the constant noise. Now when it gets too much I run, or lift weights, or bike... SOMETHING until I'm so tired that it stops.

This probably doesn't help but at least you know you aren't alone.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Edited by dog (05/05/03 01:40 AM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: dog]
    #1520912 - 05/05/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i'm exactly the same way man......tried everything....working out, meditation, green herbal tea....nothing in this world seems to be able to stop my hyper active thought wheel, i'd like to offer you a solution but we're in the self same spot so my condition exempts me....but if you do find something(anything) that works pls don't hesitate to PM me :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1521145 - 05/05/03 04:22 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Breathe...... relax...... your mind isn't going away.... slow down.... relax.. breathe...

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1522690 - 05/05/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i have an extreme problem with this, its like a stereo that you can't turn off and is on full volume all the time, and if your really depressed like me than you start to drive yourself psychotic, day dreaming all the fuckin time and constantly, i try to tell myself to shut the fuck up all the time but it never really does and i dont think it ever will

I have ADD and that might be the source of it, but add to that im obsessive compulsive and over analyze things...

Anyway, what i try to do is listen to alot of music and keep a song playin in my head all the time and take deep breaths, i also try to do lifting weights .. even though i dont think it helps much.. but its so many thoughts that i have this energy in my head going all the time, i think if i could get in the habbit of doing something all the time then that might help but i dont think i want to be doing something all the time, i think fun or relaxing activities should help and just trying to calm yourself down

I try all day to calm myself down, i stare at nothing for minutes long to lose focus and forget what im thinking and try to smile all the time and think 'im cool, im calm, everything is good, im not thinking that much'

but i struggle with this too, so if anybody got any fairly decent methods i'd be VERY INERESTED TO HEAR!

SW AY

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: SWAY]
    #1523232 - 05/05/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you can focus your conscious awareness just on your breath, your thoughts will soon disappear.  My mentor/friend taught me that "thoughts disappear in the presence of oxygen"  Try some good diaphragmatic breathing and focus on the sound your breath makes.  It works grea tfor me :smile:

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1524614 - 05/06/03 03:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

tried that.... somehow my mind still plagues me
no end...

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: SWAY]
    #1525378 - 05/06/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Keep trying :smile: your mind isn't your master, you are it's master.  It's like a hammer or other tool, when you need to use it, it's very useful and perfectly designed for the task. However, you don't always need it, and it would be foolish to constantly walk around carrying your hammer and using it.  Trust me, the more focused on your breathing you become, the less your mind will speak to you when it's not watned.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1526301 - 05/07/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think most people are like this. Atleast smart people? lol. I dunno, but most people who are deep thinkers i know tell me they think too much, and they just wanna stop. You cant stop. They say your conscious mind is only 10% of what your total subconscious is computing. Maybe we have tapped into our sub conscious, who knows. All i know is that it is not a bad thing, and our society makes us believe that thinking for ourselves is infact something bad. Be proud man. No ones gonna give you the right answer however, you need to find it for yourself, and for some reason I believe you are capable of finding out for yourself :wink: Do what you gotta do, but remember, its good to think, and sometimes you just contain so much information you need to let it out. Thats what this forum is here for, if you ever need to just sit and type, babble about random things that come your way, there will be people here to listen to you. Peace

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: tak_old]
    #1526306 - 05/07/03 01:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Vitamin TV works too. Carefull though, too much TV can cause it to turn off completely.

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Adden]
    #1528929 - 05/07/03 11:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

that sucks

that's some real wise advice there....

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: billbraski]
    #4321255 - 06/21/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"My mind"

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4321806 - 06/21/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in the same boat, man. There's even a name for it, I think: RBS (Racing Brain Syndrome).

I also think it is a bittersweet win/lose situation. Constantly thinking means I've thought about a lot in my short time on this planet. I also seem to put the pieces together quicker than most of the people around me, which again I attribute to a constant stream of thoughts.

On the other hand, I have to deal with a never-ending stream of thoughts, usually multiple at once, day in and day out. This is, to put it lightly, an extremely tiring condition to be in. It also can lead to problems in social interaction, because for everything I say I think 10 other thoughts. Most of the other thoughts don't even have to do with the conversation at hand, so I can tend to get distracted quite easily (which my doc has labelled as ADD).

I dunno. I doubt there's much that can be done about it. I've tried drugs. I've tried meditation. I've tried exercise. Large doses of alcohol are really the only thing that shuts down the stream of thoughts...and I am far less than willing to drink my mind away.

So I just deal with it. It's our lot in life.

You aren't alone :wink:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: trendal]
    #4322137 - 06/21/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I do the same thing...Ill be explaining something to someone and i have to consciously slow my thoughts down
I used to interrupt people all the time... thats pretty much under control as long as i am purposely reminding myself to keep my mouth shut until they are thru :crazy:

--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4327621 - 06/23/05 07:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've got a very concrete solution to your problem:

0.5-2mg Haloperidol (Haldol)

Seriously. It is most often used as an antipsychotic (in the 5-15mg range) but it is really a major tranquilizer as opposed to the minor tranquilizers, the benzos.

Haldol is an almost pure Dopamine D2 blocker.

In the range of 0.5-2mg there will be no side effects like sedation, parkinson-like effects and the general feeling that your brain's a dead fish floating in the stale pond of your cranium.

It makes sense: a Psychotic is hypersensitive and gets bombarded by stimuli from within and the outside world and if you strip all fancy claims from it the second-generation neuroleptics (Haldol) are just tranquilizers that work at a more fundamental level that benzos. Antipsychotics do not "take away delusions and bizarre behavior" but simply lower the information processing mayhem to more common levels and normalcy ensues. The insane are basically sane on the inside, but its like they've got a nose-full of meth for months & months.
Anyone would get weird that way.

All it does in the right dose is a distinct slowing of internal processes, reduction of their number and rapidity. You become more tranquil inside, not emotionally (like the GABA-benzo's) but psychologically and conceptually (D2-antagonism)

There is no habituation or addiction and no tolerance. In the right dose you will get an internal tranquilisation as its only effect.
Basically your mind gets like it is 30 years older :P
It works immediately but increases over a month or two, which is underestimated by medical professionals. The effect on rapid cycles is obvious but in the longer term it will also slow your longer cycles.

I myself requested and got it to deal more conveniently with a neurologically supercharged brain. I don't "feel it" anymore except that if i discontinue it the intensity goes up some notches.

If its a lifetime condition an nothing has helped, why not medicate instead of having to exercise constant effort. If you have to restrain yourself from a yapping marathon you are less fun for your friends and social interaction will be less fun for you because it takes extra effort.

0.5-2mg haloperidol. Really.
Better living through chemistry. :heart:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Asante]
    #4327628 - 06/23/05 07:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I know what I'm asking for at my next visit with the doctor. Thanks wiccan.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: barfightlard]
    #4327636 - 06/23/05 07:20 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you got P2P download the French chanson "La Valse A Mille Temps" by Jacques Brel you'll get an idea what happens to my brain over the course of a month if i stopped dropping those tabs.

I'm not a psychotic but i just simply got too much brain activity. This goes all ways. When I got an EEG the doc went
"Oh my" and I went
"What? What? What?" :evil:
That basically says it all.

There are all sorts of fancy psychopharmaca to regulate specific facets but if you just generically are too intense on a fundamental level (like most in this thread describe their complaints) you don't need specific tweaks to your mind but a generic dampener. Haldol can do that in the correct dose.

You should start ridiculously low and only gradually discover how effective it is, not use a punch dose because it is inherently unpleasant as an acute drug. (D2 antagonism is the opposite of the action of most drugs of abuse)

Remember your psychology is fired by your drive and only slowly adjusts (stops bracing itself) to the downregulated situation. After the PC's pressure is off, it still has to cool down :thumbup:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: WHY... WONT....I...SHUT...UP?!?!?!?! [Re: Asante]
    #4327642 - 06/23/05 07:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If I did get this drug would you suggest I use smaller doses 3 times daily or a slightly larger dose once daily?

whats an EEG?

I listened to that song and for the love of god please never stop taking that medication :tongue:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Edited by bellylard (06/23/05 07:40 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being