Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKahTahToe
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan, USA Flag
Credentials needed to make LSD
    #15206341 - 10/10/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want to pursue a career that involves making LSD I'm just curious. I'm very interested in Chemistry and already has plans to master in chemistry. Is that all it would take. Again, Just curious.

--------------------
Drugs To Do: Marijuana, DMT, Cocaine, DXM, Mescaline, Mushrooms, Ketamine, Salvia, Datura, Alcohol, 2c-e, MDMA, K2, Tobacco, Xanax, Oxycodone(Hydromorphone, hydrocodone, etc), LSD, Meth, Heroin, Crack, PCP, Krokodil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: KahTahToe]
    #15206356 - 10/10/11 05:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Organic Chemistry would help..... oh yeah you also would need tons of people on the in who could get you all the watched precursors. Maybe double major in plant sciences so you can produce your own ergot.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Invisibletehdancingbear
:)
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: JimLahey]
    #15206361 - 10/10/11 05:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:freshwtf:

--------------------
graphics help needed for my site mywebsite
need help with a site your making? PM me.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: tehdancingbear]
    #15206442 - 10/10/11 05:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Cmon now, david nichols, the worlds LSD expert, runs the chemistry labs at Purdue university, and they are doing research on actives all the time now. I am sure there are at least a FEW university labs that you could lift precursors from :rolleyes: it is well within the realm of reality

I have a great friend who I would consider a chemistry guru...he works with "the" major organic chemist for the university that I attend. I pulled up TIHKAL one day and put the synthesis for LSD up on the screen, and I was amazed and shocked when he told me what a simple procedure it was. He even commented that he could yoink 90% of what he needed right out of his own drawer in the labs. He was convinced after reading it through once that he could do it. I wish he would :evil2:

Get studyin' brotha :wink:

:peace::gd_icon:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Invisibletehdancingbear
Male

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15206446 - 10/10/11 05:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

it just is a sketchy organization man

--------------------

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
    #15206489 - 10/10/11 05:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's a noble pursuit...it does so many so much good. Keep in mind, this pursuit has also cost people their freedom.

May the force be with you. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15206504 - 10/10/11 05:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said:
Cmon now, david nichols, the worlds LSD expert, runs the chemistry labs at Purdue university, and they are doing research on actives all the time now. I am sure there are at least a FEW university labs that you could lift precursors from :rolleyes: it is well within the realm of reality

I have a great friend who I would consider a chemistry guru...he works with "the" major organic chemist for the university that I attend. I pulled up TIHKAL one day and put the synthesis for LSD up on the screen, and I was amazed and shocked when he told me what a simple procedure it was. He even commented that he could yoink 90% of what he needed right out of his own drawer in the labs. He was convinced after reading it through once that he could do it. I wish he would :evil2:

Get studyin' brotha :wink:

:peace::gd_icon:

I think that last 10% might be the tough part.

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: KahTahToe]
    #15207095 - 10/10/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Credentials needed to make LSD?
None.

Some of the most prolific chemists were never formally trained in Chemistry--think Stanley 'Bear' Owsley.

After doing it with someone a few times with a mentor, someone who was relatively proficient with their hands and had good attention to detail given the precusors and equipment could do it on their own.

Starting from scratch, an undergraduate with significant (i.e. a few years) organic research lab experience plus a summer or two in industry or doing prep-scale work would be well set to tackle synthesis of LSD--not to mention many other compounds and possibly novel compounds--on their own assuming they could obtain precursors easily

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

InvisibleArtieFartie
Mind Manipulator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Psychedelic Realm
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: naum]
    #15207219 - 10/10/11 07:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure you need a DEA license to get Lysergic Acid, I believe that you cannot get Lysergic Acid without a DEA license.

--------------------

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
    #15207226 - 10/10/11 07:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I guess it could be like Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.

Also, you can synth your own Lysergic Acid I am sure.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: ArtieFartie]
    #15207240 - 10/10/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

haha most drugs are like this.

it's easy to get all of the precursors.

except one.
that is damn near impossible.

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

InvisibleArtieFartie
Mind Manipulator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Psychedelic Realm
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: JimLahey]
    #15207249 - 10/10/11 07:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If this guy really would like to play around, here's Alexander Shulgin's method of Synthesizing LSD-25

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml

--------------------

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: NWlight]
    #15207281 - 10/10/11 07:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's one thing to have connections to sheets and stuff but these cats at the gangster level doing meetings over kilo's of ET...  How does that ever even happen?  Like, if someone's really going to be trying to make that shit, they don't normally tell people right?  Well you have to be talking to just end up finding a dude who's got connects for that kind of thing.

Strange business man.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

OfflineDimensionWithin
Chemist

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: Shpongle1]
    #15207588 - 10/10/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You don't really need an education. Just equipment. Also, to all of those who say how hard the chemicals are to get: The two most needed chemicals (in peptide coupling synthesis) are diethylamine and lysergic acid.

Diethylamine: reflux DEET bug repellent with NaOH

Lysergic Acid: Plenty of prescription meds have it (e.g. Cafergot) which you could get from international companies without a prescription.

Really doesn't take much education either. You might get worse yields if you are just "cooking," but you'd still get them.

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: Shpongle1]
    #15207590 - 10/10/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The procedure isn't really that complicated. A competent chemist would have no trouble at all. Now if you've got some great friends in China, then you're all set.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

InvisiblePhenocide
Male

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #15208006 - 10/11/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

An undergraduate degree in Chemistry should be sufficient.  This will gain you knowledge of all equipment used in drug production and refinement.  Plus, a degree in Chemistry will make you very marketable should you decide to join the mainstream, and should you tire of giving your friends cool research drugs (which you will, eventually).

Note that this path is not for dummies.  Chemistry is no joke, which is why chemists get paid so much by Big Pharma.

--------------------
"I view most psychedelic experiences as potentially misleading. Psychedelics do not guarantee wisdom. They merely guarantee more content."  Sam Harris

Invisibletehdancingbear
Male

#15208044 - 10/11/11 01:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

naum said:
Some of the most prolific chemists were never formally trained in Chemistry--think Stanley 'Bear' Owsley.

After doing it with someone a few times with a mentor, someone who was relatively proficient with their hands and had good attention to detail given the precusors and equipment could do it on their own.

Starting from scratch, an undergraduate with significant (i.e. a few years) organic research lab experience plus a summer or two in industry or doing prep-scale work would be well set to tackle synthesis of LSD--not to mention many other compounds and possibly novel compounds--on their own assuming they could obtain precursors easily

thats a cool answer man.. but anyways from experience it seems like.

start with the experiments, like NN, fungis, mdma/mda i mean i hope you have if you're going to create something so complex, if you can do that your pretty much just won that 1 and 1 million cool thing... genius.

--------------------

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

#15208064 - 10/11/11 01:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tehdancingbear said:
Quote:

naum said:

thats a cool answer man.. but anyways from experience it seems like.

start with the experiments, like NN, fungis, mdma/mda i mean i hope you have if you're going to create something so complex, if you can do that your pretty much just won that 1 and 1 million cool thing... genius.

your post is completely illegible.

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Invisibletehdancingbear
Male

Re: Credentials needed to make LSD [Re: NWlight]
    #15208070 - 10/11/11 01:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow, you really think?

--------------------

Invisibletehdancingbear
Male

#15208116 - 10/11/11 01:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

are you going to tell me why other than punctuation?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order