Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >
Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: Icelander]
    #15199043 - 10/09/11 05:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you hold
Quote:

Icelander said:
I believe the universe guided me to it to make things easier for me.

I see your belief and raise you one belief.

I believe I'm the ruler of the universe and all women are mine. :jennajameson:

:omgawesome:

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: flickedbic]
    #15199219 - 10/09/11 07:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
Quote:

you have no idea how bad i want to continue to press my opinion on your opinion but you seem like a nice guy so i'll let it go.

You are too kind. :laugh: 
I understand psychedelics can be seen as basically induced psychosis however I feel dreams are similar; and what is good and true can be gleamed from about any experience: as truth is reality is now and that is what one's experiences are; parts of the now-true reality.

One's reality-tunnel changes again when the induced psychosis wears off; back to a more "functional" level for survival.  That does not mean that the near psychotic episode was only a random, delusional experience with no useful connections to "waking life" and existence.

At the very least; they can remind one of the things that are truely important in one's life; even if they may do this at times thru the process of potentially very stressfull, seemingly Near Death Experience type phenomenon. 

Blessings.

you replied so im going to reply.

-dreams hold no meaning in the real world except for maybe the fact that while dreaming you see things and feel emotions associated with those things. for example, last night i had a dream that i was living in the same home with my mom again and what do you know, i wanted to kill her again for some reason. shes fine when shes in another state but i cant stand being in the same house as her for more than a few hours.

i also had a dream last night that i was running through a huge muddy field and came upon an abandoned home that was literally rotting. when i went inside i found tons of old possessions and began to take them. in the process of taking things like jewelry some little girl walked into the house and started complaining that her grandmother had just died and they hadnt cleaned out the house yet. i told her she was full of shit and proceeded to point out that the house was literally falling apart because it hadnt been touched in so long. i looked out the window and saw a bunch of cars pulling up to the house through the field so i opened the door and began to run away.

i dont think either of those dreams represent real life scenarios since i no longer live with my mom. and i dont run around in fields finding old homes and take shit out of them. dreams are just about as random as psychedelic trips. if you want i can list quite a few more dreams ive had in the past and you will see exactly why the only thing in the dream that is "real" is the emotion felt when seeing or experiencing something that you experience in real life.

psychedelic trips are actually much less pertinent to real life just for that very reason. not once have i seen huge geometric patterns and fractals or entities staring down at me through the top of cages in my normal day to day life. not once have i felt like i am one with the rocks in my day to day life. all those feelings and visions come from the fact that you have put chemicals into your body and let loose the flood gates of neurotransmitters and your brain is struggling to figure out what the hell is going on.

-"as truth is reality is now"- im not following this logic

-"One's reality-tunnel changes again when the induced psychosis wears off"- im not sure your psychosis has worn off yet, youre making scatterbrained points which hold no actual weight. try to bring some concrete ideas together in a coherent way so i can pick apart what youre trying to say better. right now all im stuck with is: ":downswords: what is this guy trying to get across?"

i think youre well on youre way to sounding like some burnt out old man just like terrence mckenna. keep it up. maybe eventually you can trick a bunch of deluded children into following you around and listening to you ramble about complete nonsense.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: flickedbic]
    #15199223 - 10/09/11 07:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
Quote:

....hidden ....truths?

do you mean hallucinations and delusions caused by consuming a psychoactive substance?

No those hallucinations can be and delusions are fool's gold. 

One must throw one's realizations against the wall when sober and see what sticks.

Blessings.

been doing this for a while.

none of it sticks. im still the same old person i was prior to pumping myself full of substances except for the fact that i know what its like to do those substances.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #15199334 - 10/09/11 08:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i dont think either of those dreams represent real life scenarios

I agree.  However these dreams may represent your feelings about certain events or emotional landscapes in your current or past experience.  While dreams are often completely random imo they are not always so.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (10/09/11 08:43 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #15199354 - 10/09/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
Quote:

flickedbic said:
Quote:

....hidden ....truths?

do you mean hallucinations and delusions caused by consuming a psychoactive substance?

No those hallucinations can be and delusions are fool's gold. 

One must throw one's realizations against the wall when sober and see what sticks.

Blessings.

been doing this for a while.

none of it sticks. im still the same old person i was prior to pumping myself full of substances except for the fact that i know what its like to do those substances.

Now generally I'm a skeptic when it comes to what psychedelics can do but I'm far from sure they have no real effect on ones life path.  For instance I still remember my first LSD trip of 40 years ago.  I can remember sitting on my front porch steps and looking up and down my block and having the realization that these people were all trapped in a form of insanity and were calling me to join.  This included my parents who were fundamental christian abusive nut jobs.  I never realized that I was not the problem in total before.  I set it in my mind that day to escape.  Of course I found out later that escape isn't really possible but it did set a new course of effort and awareness for my life.  I really doubt I would have had the same adventures that finally brought me here without that experience.  In fact I believe I would be in prison or a suicide had I not had that a several other psychedelic experiences.  From a psychological perspective they were profound and life changing imo.  That does not mean everyone would have such a result.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15199805 - 10/09/11 11:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

X

--------------------

Edited by Humility (10/09/11 11:02 AM)

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15199809 - 10/09/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

-dreams hold no meaning in the real world except for maybe the fact that while dreaming you see things and feel emotions associated with those things. for example, last night i had a dream that i was living in the same home with my mom again and what do you know, i wanted to kill her again for some reason. shes fine when shes in another state but i cant stand being in the same house as her for more than a few hours.

I stopped reading at "no meaning in the real world".

How could you possibly know that?  You're so full of it.

Like rainx said, this thread is a display of really embarrassing behavior.  Then again, it's just you living your life.

Lol murder by being chopped to death is funny enough for me to joke about from behind my keyboard lol.

Grow up.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: Humility]
    #15199817 - 10/09/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
Quote:

I stopped reading at "no meaning in the real world".

How could you possibly know that?  You're so full of it.

cool. provide a counter point if you believe it so strongly.

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15199844 - 10/09/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't even need to bother.  Your supposition is logically flawed.

There's no way you could know, or even reasonably assume that "dreams hold no meaning in the real world".

You are doing nothing but subjectively characterizing the experience.  You may as well be talking about how the color red makes you feel.

Dreams mean different things to different individuals.  Different dreams involve different situations and scenarios.  Some are prophetic for some people, some aren't.

I make this inference from my own experience with dreams and from what I've heard others puport (which I assume to be the truth in at least some percentage of cases).

If YOU have never had a dream that was prophetic in nature that's fine.  You can make the assumption that perhaps *you* will never have such an experience, but to make the assumption that NO ONE has EVER had such an experience is simply fallacious.

You aren't working with logic and reasoning.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

#15199851 - 10/09/11 11:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"i dont even need to bother because i cant provide an actual example" is all i got from that post.

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15199865 - 10/09/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Life must suck when you don't reason/contemplate logically.  Makes you go through a lot of hubub that isn't necessary.

You walk down roads that lead to dead ends because you're constantly looking at your feet.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

#15199869 - 10/09/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:lolsy: ok.

--------------------

OfflineLegitStupidity
The Hunter in Training
Male

Loc: 352
Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15199872 - 10/09/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Shamans allegedly practice their craft for wisdom and protection. They obviously got neither.

Prior argument. ^
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Being murdered = being protected?

You have to do serious word-raping to make that even seem like it makes sense.

--------------------
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
The Beginning of an Addiction
Trade list
Experiences: LSA, Marijuana
To look forward to: Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, Peyote, DMT

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: LegitStupidity]
    #15199950 - 10/09/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

For those unfamiliar with the English language or how to use a dictionary:

Protection is the state of being guarded or shielded from exposure, injury, damage, or destruction.

Being murdered is generally considered a form of injury. To say otherwise is serious word-raping.

Anything else you need help with?

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15199984 - 10/09/11 11:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I need help with why you believe "being a shaman" has anything at all to do with self-protection for the body in this realm?

Of all the things one could ask for, it's perhaps the least important.

You're looking at shamanism like some sort of spiritual shield from people-on-people violence in this realm.  That may be what spiritual activity is used for in some respects but "shamanism" is just as much intended to teach the shaman that death is a natural occurrence of life.  Some people die of old age, some are chopped to death with machetes.

Every spiritual healer has different intentions and works with different spirits.  You're making incorrect assumptions and generalizations.

--------------------

InvisibleCups
technically "here"
 User Gallery

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #15200133 - 10/09/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
i think youre well on youre way to sounding like some burnt out old man just like terrence mckenna.

:megacrankey:

Watch it Mace, or I might have to get all Skywalker on that shit.  :jedi:

:lol: As for the part about pyschedelics not affecting long term change in the people who take them....that makes no sense. 

At a most basic level who "you" are currently is heavily influenced by the experiences "you" have had.  So this whole sentence here-

Quote:

im still the same old person i was prior to pumping myself full of substances except for the fact that i know what its like to do those substances

Makes no sense IMO.

Furthermore there are myriads of people on here who will swear and give references to how their lives have improved after taking shrooms...and on the flip side of that coin there are plenty of posts in the mental health section asking for help when they got worse.

So all in all I must now give you the finger wag.  :nono:

--------------------
What's up everybody?!

OfflineLegitStupidity
The Hunter in Training
Male

Loc: 352
    #15200224 - 10/09/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
For those unfamiliar with the English language or how to use a dictionary:

Protection is the state of being guarded or shielded from exposure, injury, damage, or destruction.

Being murdered is generally considered a form of injury. To say otherwise is serious word-raping.

Anything else you need help with?

Your point is irrelevant, the protection they are talking about there is a protection of your inner self, not of physical being. I can tell now you are just replying to be right. Sorry for offending you, have a nice day. :cheers:

--------------------
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
The Beginning of an Addiction
Trade list
Experiences: LSA, Marijuana
To look forward to: Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, Peyote, DMT

InvisibleCups
technically "here"
 User Gallery

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: LegitStupidity] * 2
    #15200234 - 10/09/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LegitStupidity said:
I can tell now you are just replying to be right.

Who'd ever do that in a debate forum.

That's just fucking crazy!  :whoa:

--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: Cups]
    #15200235 - 10/09/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cups said:
At a most basic level who "you" are currently is heavily influenced by the experiences "you" have had.  So this whole sentence here-

Quote:

im still the same old person i was prior to pumping myself full of substances except for the fact that i know what its like to do those substances

Makes no sense IMO.

well, when you can tell me in what fundamental way my life has been changed by taking drugs you come back here and tell me about it and i'll give it some more thought. but as far as i can tell i am on the same exact path i was prior to doing drugs. and dont even try to pull some crap like "well you wouldnt be on this forum right now" because that is akin to attributing who i am as a person to the fact that i bought one pair of shoes as opposed to another because i would be wearing the other shoes had i bought them instead.

as for the people whose lives are fundamentally altered by these substances, i personally view it as a weak will. if i really wanted to im sure i could give in to the nonsense i experience on drugs. hell, i even gave it a shot once. i gave up drugs for 2 weeks after a "spiritual experience" on 2c-e and after those 2 weeks realized that it was total nonsense and went back to my old ways.

i think its fairly amusing that people take something they feel while on a drug and put that in action in their real life when in their real life they never made the same connection or experienced the same feeling.

for example: on drugs i often feel the supposed connectedness of everything. strangely enough, i never feel that when i dont have a ton of hallucinogens coursing through my veins. thus, i dont run around spouting that we are all one being subjectively experiencing its self as if its fact.

--------------------

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: 14 Peruvian Shamans Murdered [Re: LegitStupidity]
    #15200516 - 10/09/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

youre making scatterbrained points which hold no actual weight... i think youre well on youre way to sounding like some burnt out old man just like terrence mckenna.

-SamuelLJackson

You say so; it appears others think differently.

Just because one's reality tunnel changes when dreaming or tripping; does not make it a false experience; only a different one than usual.

Sure we don't usually see giant faces peering into our cages... many don't "see" the cages that are imprisoning them... as these are not literal bars of iron and steel.  They are social constructs; for example.

Quote:

dreams hold no meaning in the real world except for maybe the fact that while dreaming you see things and feel emotions associated with those things...the only thing in the dream that is "real" is the emotion felt when seeing or experiencing something that you experience in real life.

Dreams and trips can change sometimes subconscious ideas/feelings into visuals/archetypal images/stories for interpretation by those who might care to do so... and can carry "hidden truths"; true feelings hidden and repressed or forgotten by the individual.

Othertimes; dreams and psychedelic experiences can seem to be very basic; like making love with beautiful women in dreams... or seemingly non-sensical. 

However, if one feels compelled to "make sense" of EVERY dream and experience by looking for "the hidden truths": then one might be in danger of wasting ones' time.  The message is often right on the surface (eg: I want to make love to sexy women) OR there is no specific message at all; and one's brain is just enjoying wonderous feelings and/or making a light-show.

Quote:

im still the same old person i was prior to pumping myself full of substances except for the fact that i know what its like to do those substances.

I happen to believe that we are shaped by our experience (nurture), and even our physical brain formation adapts to suit and facilitate the experiences that we repeat often... but to each their own.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (10/09/11 01:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder