Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
TRY THIS MIX RATIO " PopCorn / Dried Corn / Coffee Beans "
    #1518407 - 05/03/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ok Here is a Mix that has shown some awesom results,

1 part " Yello PopCorn " unpoped from the store.
1 part " Dried Corn " Fresh corn in a Dehydrater work's best's
1 part " Coffee Beans " Your Choice

Take your popcorn and place it in a pan and heat but avoid a boil and let sit for 1 hour and shut off and strain and place in a bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes or as needed to cool. Then repeat the above step and this time allow to heat for 1 more hour and then allow to sit and cool for at least 12 - 24 hours then allow 30 to 1hour to strain the water out when done place seeds on a small damp towl and cover to avoid drying out. Now take your corn and heat for 1 hour kill the heat and strain and put in with your seeds. The excese water will help keep your popcorn seeds damp. Now take your Coffee seads and rinse well and soak for 15 minutes in chilled ice water. Strain the bean's and place in bowl and add Popcorn and Corn
now this should be damp but not drenched when you pick up the mix you should not more the a few drop's of water. Now mix you 3 and place in pint jars and place
in PC for 1 hour and allow to cool overnight take your syringe and spread your seed. Instead of injecting in only 4 spots try 6 and you may have better results to place filters over the jar tops and tighten the ring and not use the metal lids. This helps if you dont want to poke the holes. After you sperm is in place the place in a nice place and wait for the magic to happen. This has been tested in europe and has show to be a fast and nice way to reach mycelium with no half colinated jars or uncolinated patches.

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezero
???
 User Gallery
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO " PopCorn / Dried Corn / Coffee Beans " [Re: DrShroomAholic]
    #1518557 - 05/03/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

are you serious?
I don't think coffee works
as a substrate.
I might be wrong though.
peace,
zero

--------------------
sk8 or die

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: zero]
    #1518573 - 05/03/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know some Pleurotus species do well on used coffee grounds.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1518595 - 05/03/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And used coffie grounds is a great plant fertilizer.

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO " PopCorn / Dried Corn / Coffee Beans " [Re: zero]
    #1518654 - 05/04/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes it shure does...
give it a try..

goodluck

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: DrShroomAholic]
    #1518837 - 05/04/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've used unbrewed ground coffee with chickory to grow on....I honestly believe that even if it remained exposed to poen air during incubation it wouldnt have contaminated....far too acidic....mycelium did well....untill fruiting time came...I plan on letting it sit for a while and see how it progresses.....in about 2 months if it;' doen nothing....the real experiments start.....

Coffee beans will work....especialy in conjunction with other materials

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1519053 - 05/04/03 07:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well if you add the popcorn and dried corn that is what seems to do the trick,,,,

--------------------

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: zeronio]
    #1519069 - 05/04/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

a great plant fertilizer

and also kills slugs

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO " PopCorn / Dried Corn / Coffee Beans [Re: zero]
    #1519086 - 05/04/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea coffee beans work, but the only other instance ive heard said the nutty inside was bad and you needed the shells heres the link

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: amyloid]
    #1519123 - 05/04/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

my friend in europe will be send my some digi pics and i will post so you can see the end results... he has tried "grounds" "bean's" shell's" and said the beans work the best,,

--------------------

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Re: TRY THIS MIX RATIO [Re: DrShroomAholic]
    #1519146 - 05/04/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

He is also looking in to other compounds to use as a substrate,,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures