Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSpunkee
Stranger
Ate a rotten abort...
    #1388847 - 03/18/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I gave my friend a casing to take care of and have for his personal use if he gave me a dose. I told him to watch for aborts and pick them before they turn black and rot. I walked him through this and harvest on the first flush. The second flush was all his to take care of.

Last night, we were grabbing the second flush shrooms out of the desectant box and eating them. I didn't look at what the other guys were eating. One of the guys started complaining of a terrible, very salty taste almost immediately. He knows what shrooms taste like, and he said they didn't taste normal at all... Like he poured salt into his mouth. He spit the pile of shrooms out and noticed that his tounge was bleading and burning.

I looked at the unchewed pile and saw a small, apparently black, dried abort about an inch long. It looked like it had rotted before drying, but I couldn't be sure. I forced him to go and gargle some hydrogen peroxide immediately (they didn't have listerine or anything like it).

My question is: Is this what normally happens whey one ingests a rotten mushroom? I understand the taste, but why the HELL did it eat an inch long gash into his tounge. He said he didn't feel a cut, and that his whole mouth burned before using the peroxide.

Another possibility is that the abort was touching the disectant during the drying process. Does residue from that stuff make for a salty and acidic shroom?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Spunkee]
    #1388857 - 03/18/03 03:56 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I think ur either eating glass or razor blades.. R u sure u know what ur doin?

But seriously thats fucked up.. And garglin with H2O2??? Is that safe? Or will it even do anything?

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Legoulash]
    #1388872 - 03/18/03 04:03 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Uh I DEFIANTLEY wouldn't put peroxide anywhere near your mouth. Have you ever seen what happens when blood touches peroxide? Imagine that happening to you. When I was in grade nine in science class my teacher dropped some cow's blood into peroxide and it bubbled up like a mother fucker.

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: pleasesmokemarijuana]
    #1388875 - 03/18/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

And how can somones mouth bleed from eating something rotten?

InvisibleSpunkee
Stranger
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: pleasesmokemarijuana]
    #1388877 - 03/18/03 04:06 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Peroxide is used to clean cuts. I use it for mouth sores and sore throats all the time. Makes things heal a lot quicker, and it certainly killed any possibly harmful bacteria that he may of ingested.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1388887 - 03/18/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Mabey if he didnt swollow any of em.. Its probley got some desicant on em.. and the cut is probley exagerated by ur friend..  He probley jsut doesnt wanna tell u about that little girl with braces that cut his mouth up.. :grin:

But u could put h2o2 on the mushrooms(Just guessing) that could kill some bacteria on the  mush..  But it probley isnt worth it, just throw em out. 

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1388888 - 03/18/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

:crazy:

Double post

Edited by Magic_rah (03/18/03 04:23 PM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1388894 - 03/18/03 04:14 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Buddy ate some desicant. That shit is caustic as hell and it tastes salty or bitter usually. For the people who said how dangerous Hydrogen peroxide is, the shit you buy at the store is usually 3% dillution. One of its uses is a gargle. I've heard of people drinking it, in small amounts, to get rid of acne. All it is is hydrogen and oxygen.

InvisibleSpunkee
Stranger
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Legoulash]
    #1388906 - 03/18/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I saw the cut. It was a bloody line down his tounge. I know it was some kind of acidic effect that caused the salty taste, cut on tounge, and entire mouth burning. I was asking if it was a possibly rotten shroom or disectant residue that caused this.

Hell, I've gotten cuts on my tounge by sucking on those sour candies due to the acid in them.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Viveka]
    #1389063 - 03/18/03 05:20 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy ate some desicant. That shit is caustic as hell and it tastes salty or bitter usually. For the people who said how dangerous Hydrogen peroxide is, the shit you buy at the store is usually 3% dillution. One of its uses is a gargle. I've heard of people drinking it, in small amounts, to get rid of acne. All it is is hydrogen and oxygen.

eukaryotes, which include the plants, animals, and fungi, have organelles called peroxisomes living in their cells. the function of these organelles is to break down hydrogen peroxide into water. this is why hydrogen peroxide will kill bacteria and spores, but not a fungus or a human.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Anonymous

Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Viveka]
    #1390091 - 03/19/03 03:48 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

For the people who said how dangerous Hydrogen peroxide is, the shit you buy at the store is usually 3% dillution. One of its uses is a gargle.

yes, you can certainly gargle it. best to dilute it to 1.5% H2O2 (1:1 water:3% H2O2) first though. it's not good to use over the long term, but then... neither are alcohol-based mouthwashes... but people use them all the time...

All it is is hydrogen and oxygen.

yes, and all cyanide is is nitrogen and carbon.

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: ]
    #1393333 - 03/19/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

PSM people gargle with peroxide all the time. Jesus it wont kill you.

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1518728 - 05/04/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Jesus christ harry manback, you're a smart motherfucker.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1518734 - 05/04/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You can gargle H2O2 solution... that's what its for!
Check the label on a 3% H2O2 Solution from K-Mart or whatever, it can be used as a mouthwash.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: daba]
    #1518779 - 05/04/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

did he get the rotten shroom after eating a bunch of good ones? did he trip after cuting his mouth on a nasty rotten abort? that would probably be unfortunate.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1519034 - 05/04/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PSM people gargle with peroxide all the time. Jesus it wont kill you.

A guy in our chemisty class in high school died from drinking a beaker of 15% hydrogen peroxide. It is just water with an extra oxygen atom he claimed just before downing about 200ml. There was nothing that could be done even with the hospital only three blocks away.

We also had a guy in college organic chem lab loose most of his hand when the container of hydrogen peroxide he opened exploded. I didn't actually see this one, but it was the big story on campus for several weeks. From what I remember, somebody had used a metal lid on a bottle of 32% h2o2. A metal peroxide was formed and the friction of the bottle being opened was enough to initiate a detonation.

It is safe to gargle with 3% hydrogen peroxide, but I wouldn't drink it. You can get 15% in the US in the grocery stores, so be careful to read the label. If you put 15% in your mouth, you will wish you hadn't. Usually the 15% is in the cleaning section with bleaches while the 3% is in the phamacy section.

Hydrogen peroxide is a very nasty chemical. It is fairly safe at low concentrations (< 3 to 5 %), but that doesn't mean we can turn off our brains and nothing bad will happen.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ate a rotten abort... [Re: Seuss]
    #1519047 - 05/04/03 07:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I agree with Seuss: as with any other chemicals it's very important to read the safety warnings!

A few minutes worth of reading can save your life. One reason the Shroomery is here :-).

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag