Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Pure Empathy....
    #1518258 - 05/03/03 10:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The age old "golden rule"... truly important but obviously hard to follow. It is hard to be different when everyone else is so absolutely selfish and egocentric. Another old saying(poorly paraphrased) "walk a mile in another mans mocassins before you judge him" is too true to pass up. If you think about what the other person has experienced throughout their life coupled with everything like their genetic makeup, environment, interactions etc etc...basically everything about them and what they have had to deal with in their lives, they have absolutely no choice but to act/react the way that they do down to the very last molecule/brain signal. This, like everything else ties in with everything else but is a huge step in the right direction. Like I have been saying it all starts and ends with you and if you want a better life for all of humanity here is where to start. Even your thought/reaction to this post will vary from everyone elses since you are not exactly the same as anyone else. True bravery is in understanding.
Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Pure Empathy.... [Re: You_are_God]
    #1518351 - 05/03/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1518488 - 05/04/03 12:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

We_are_God

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Pure Empathy.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #1518511 - 05/04/03 12:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Pure Empathy.... [Re: Teragon]
    #1518519 - 05/04/03 12:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Namaste

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1518694 - 05/04/03 02:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Very NICELY PUT !  :laugh:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1519166 - 05/04/03 11:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent  :smile: :smile:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1519371 - 05/04/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, a fascinating emotion/experience. This reminds of a time a little while ago when I was thinking about the Great Depression. I learned about it in high school and had a general idea of the time line of everything, what happened and other details. But then I started to really think about it in an empathic way- I started to imagine what it would be like to have actually lived during that time, the hardship and the different perspective you would have. I then realized that you can think people and relate to them in this intellectual shorthand that we do a lot of, but it is entirely different to really try to feel and experience what it was they went through, something we definitely do not do enough of.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Pure Empathy.... [Re: buttonion]
    #1520682 - 05/05/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

One can imagine what it's like to be another person. Empathetic emotions really show a sliver of light to what it is really like to be in another person's place. Although you might have lived through similar situations you have no idea how a specific person is reacting the their situation mentally and physically.

The only true empathy I ever encountered was on shrooms. My older brother is a homosexual alcoholic who had his life cave in uder his feet. He lost his house, car and life to his alcoholism. He's so affraid people won't accpet him for being homosexual it makes him a complete antisocial person. So now, at 41, he lives in my parent's basement trying to piece back his life. Anyhow, on one of my higher level shrooms trips I completly lost any comprehension of who I was and the harder I tried to figure out who I was the more I slipped into the identity of my brother. I felt the emotional pain he suffers though day in and day out. Memories and thoughts that I presumed only my brother would have coursed through me. The only way I could envison who I was really was, was to vison myself as the younger brother. I had resentment towards me true identity. I was envious of how I did things right, went to college, had a healthly social and family life, was getting married. I wished that I was myself (my younger brother) and I felt like the only way I could truely end the torment I faced was to end my life. I started to cry... I felt such anguish towards my life... it was horribal. The next thing I knew I slipped back into my true ego and found myself laying on my bed looking at the ceiling. I tried to sort out all the feelings that I just experienced but it was impossibly becuase I found that now that I knew I was myself again I couldn't truely feel the way my brother does.

I hold a greater apreciation for my brother now and I try to keep an open line of communication with him so he has someone to talk to if things seem entirly too bleek for him to go on. I told him about my experience that I had and he told me in so many words that he kind of felt violated by my experiece. I told him not to feel like that because now he had someone to console himself in because I truely understood his pain.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: Pure Empathy.... [Re: djd586]
    #1521404 - 05/05/03 10:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Wow. That is pretty powerful. I have absolutely experienced the empathy inducing aspect of shrooms before- it is one of the reasons I like to do them. Man this drug has so much therapeutic potential!

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology