Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro

Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(NEW PICS UPDATED 6/17/15) * 1
    #15174782 - 10/03/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Alright guys its been a while since ive been on here, years in fact. BUt its time to do another extract. So here it goes i finally took some pics to post. I got a hold of 2700g of dried San Pedro powder and started my extract doing it all at once in a large plastic water jug using 91% isopropyl alcohol.
In all i did about 4-5 washes letting each sit at least 24 hours. Here is what i had after about 2 washes. Letting it evaporate.
Took about 15 32oz bottles of iso from start to finish. With each "wash" i let the alcohol begin to evaporate so that i wouldnt have a huge amount of liquid at the very end. This whole process took me a couple weeks from start to finish because there were quite a few days i was too busy to even check on the stuff.
Here was my method of filtering the powder and alcohol using a rag and a plastic bottle i poured the contents into the rag and let them drain.
After all the washes were complete this is what i had left. U cant really tell from the pic but the jar on the left was much darker and thicker because this is where i had been putting all the previous washes that had begun to evaporate.
Pouring them into a glass pan to help speed the process.
As u can see the one jar already had a thick tar settling at the bottom.
The evap process begins.
couple days in.
Gettin thicker and thicker. Here i was stirring it around to try and let any remaining alcohol evaporate. It was getting a "skin" on top kind of like syrup does when it cools
Finished product? or should i continue till its completly drys out and becomes brittle? Its really a lot thicker than it looks in these pics.
Now i have a few questions. Ive let the stuff sit for many days now and its a super thick tar about the consistancy of taffy. Do i need to let it completely dry to where it breaks down into a powder due to the fact that i used isopropyl? I cant smell the slightest bit of alcohol but is the fact that there is moisture in the tar a sign of alcohol still in it? And what is the correct dosage to take of the stuff? I dont really remember how much we used to take.

Edited by ChiefSS (06/17/15 08:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: ChiefSS]
    #15174871 - 10/04/11 12:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Pic uploaded.

OfflineOohway
Stranger
Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: ChiefSS] * 1
    #15175024 - 10/04/11 02:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefSS said:
Alright guys its been a while since ive been on here, years in fact. BUt its time to do another extract.

After this line I was kind of hoping the rest of the thread would rhyme

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: ChiefSS]
    #15175196 - 10/04/11 04:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the tar shit is nasty man, if you were working with that much material you should have just gone ahead and done a proper extraction of it. the tar stays sticky and nasty and is the most vile shit ever. its really hard to work out accurate dosages with the tar, and it jsut sticks to everything and is really messy.

--------------------

OfflineOk amoismis
metabolizer
Male

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15175296 - 10/04/11 05:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I tried this extraction a little while ago but found my product to be inactive. I suspect that it was weak material though because i tried it in the usual tea form and it still proved to have slight, if any effects. My end product with isopropyl was significantly lighter in color than yours, but that was probably an undesirable attribute.

As for the moisture, keep in mind that most all commercially available isopropyl alcohol has a small amount of water added to it, which would take longer to evaporate than the isopropyl obviously.
Dosage for mescaline is around 300-600mg but it is really hard to judge the potency of cacti without having tired that individual plant before. If you had some idea of the potency of the starting material then logically you could figure out tar dosage by weight. But seeing as bulk powder was used i would suggest just starting low once you are sure the alcohol is gone.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Ok amoismis]
    #15175334 - 10/04/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'd buy another few pyrex trays and split the tar for further drying.  You can dry it to a powder or near powder eventually.  I'd keep doing washes with your material too, its nowhere near exhausted yet.  You can add some flour to the tar when you are ready to gelcap them.  If your product is any good, 10-15 00 size capsules should be a decent trip and you can work your way up from there.

Also, when done with the iso washes, do a water boil or two and get the rest out.  Water is a better solvent for cactus in my experience.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15175568 - 10/04/11 07:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
the tar shit is nasty man, if you were working with that much material you should have just gone ahead and done a proper extraction of it.

if he really wanted he could still A/B that mass of tar

--------------------

OfflineMan De Novo
Stranger
Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 2
    #15175751 - 10/04/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Recently I've also been working with isopropyl cactus extractions, so there's a couple things I would say.

1.) Like joemolloy said, what makes you think you're done with the iso extraction step? Extracting from 2700 grams of dried cactus should give you a HUGE amount of tar - in my experience, somewhere in the range of 150-200 grams. It doesn't look to me like you have that much. When you add more iso to your original powder and shake it up, does the iso still take on a green color or is it virtually clear? If it's still green, you can still get more tar out of there.

2.) Now here is the most important suggestion - YOU CAN ALSO EXTRACT THE TAR ITSELF! Scrape up all your tar, put it in another clean jar, and then add a solution of vinegar and water (i.e. make a 50/50 mix of 5% vinegar and tap water). Shake it a few times over 24 hours or so. Your top liquid layer (the vinegar solution) will turn a light orange color because it will contain the alkaloids (mescaline, etc.) while the green chlorophyll and much of the fatty gunk will stay at the bottom. Do this extraction a couple more times, and then evaporate out your vinegar solution just like you did with the iso. Your final product will be a nice orange color - much cleaner, much more crystally and much less nasty/fatty/nausea inducing. You can gelcap this stuff or wrap it in something like sugar taffy to make it easy to swallow.

3.) The published mescaline content of dry San Pedro has ranged from 0.1% by weight all the way up to 2.375% by weight. So extracting from 2700 grams of dry cactus will give you anywhere from 2.7 grams of mescaline (the absolute lowest possible) all the way up to around 64 grams of mesc! This uncertainty is one thing that sucks about San Pedro. HOWEVER, in my experience, I would guess the vast majority of samples fall in the range of 0.3% to 0.8%. So for you, that's around 8 to 22 grams of mescaline in your final product. Not bad at at all.

Best of luck!

OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Man De Novo]
    #15175926 - 10/04/11 10:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

alright guys i appreciate all the info. First off ill say this tar is vile, i remember from last time and i even for some dumb reason, took a dab of it and yes, its worse than i remember. Ive never done a "proper extraction" probably just cuz i dont have the experience but i was wondering if i could further extract the tar. So how well does this vinegar solution extract work? Seems like something i could try.
Joemolly im pretty sure the material is exhausted. During the last 2 washes it bacame really light and the last time was almost see thru. Its hard to tell in the pic but i would say its at least 125g of the tar. It covers the entire bottom of the glass pan and is about 1/4in thick.
Now im thinking i need to extract the tar, will this give me better dosage info once i extract from the tar?

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
    #15176779 - 10/04/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i think there is probably alot more actives left in the san pedro material. IPA is not a very aggressive solvent and wont pull out all of the actives instantly. for example, when one is doing an IPA extraction on caapi leaves, your supposed to soak the material in IPA and shake regularly for atleast 1 month, and even then it doesn't get all the actives out of the material. so by comparison, if one has done 6 pulls on the san pedro material, and left it for a day or two each time, that still doesn't add up to a large ammount of time.

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #15177118 - 10/04/11 03:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The alcohol is evaporated what you have left there is the 9% water that was in each of those iso bottles because water takes a while to evaporate especially when it's infused in that mess. To avoid that next time use 99%.

--------------------

OfflineBigBolete
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: muistrue]
    #15177192 - 10/04/11 04:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Harden the fuck up and spread it on toast mate.

Quote:

FractalDust said:
The alcohol is evaporated what you have left there is the 9% water that was in each of those iso bottles because water takes a while to evaporate especially when it's infused in that mess. To avoid that next time use 99%.

So with 99.9% iso, youd end up with almost a solid rather than a rank sticky tar? Probably worth spending the extra few £ on if so?

OfflineMan De Novo
Stranger
Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: BigBolete]
    #15177351 - 10/04/11 05:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

How well does the vinegar solution extract work on the tar? Pretty damn well if you ask me. If you don't want to take a big risk then just take a portion of your tar - say 25 grams - and try the vinegar extraction on that. Once you consume that product you will probably want to do it to the rest the tar afterward - trust! Essentially what you're doing is converting mescaline (and probably also other alkaloids) to their acetate salt version and dissolving them in mostly water. Chlorophyll and cactus fats are VERY hydrophobic so they won't come along for the ride.

Enjoy!

OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro

#15181249 - 10/05/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks guys. I dont use 99%iso because i cant find it anywhere around here and the 91% is easy to find. Think ill try out the vinegar method, just asking cuz ive never read about anyone using vinegar for the extraction. So use 5% vinegar and water at a 50/50 solution, let it soak for how long?

Offline245willow19

#15181410 - 10/05/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice extraction bro, at first it looked like OPIUM? :laugh2:

--------------------

OfflineMan De Novo
Stranger
    #15181483 - 10/05/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefSS said:let it soak for how long?

I'd say soak for 24 hours. Don't forget to shake it around a few times. Then pour off the vinegar solution, save it, add some more, and repeat this another 2-3 times. Then evaporate all the vinegar solution. Your final product will be dark orange waxy stuff. In my experience, this gives much less nausea than the green/black sludge.

Invisible3hree1ne3hree
The funk.

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: Man De Novo]
    #16603201 - 07/27/12 11:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So step 2 includes the other various alkaloids aswell?

--------------------
Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel

[I am a proud and active artist of literary fiction. Anything that is posted from this account is false, and to be regarded irrelevant.]

OfflinetweekingTwak
shroomery sage

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: 3hree1ne3hree]
    #16604601 - 07/28/12 07:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thats way too much at once

read this guide

Tek that makes more sense and is less messy and more controlled

that probably has alcohol in the bottom of it when you have that much of its had to say how to fuckign does that i dont have the proper weights on doses any more due to a computer dying and never putting that online. i suggest you do smaller amounts at a time its way easier to manage

id suggest putting that in the fridge and then scooping out some then putting it on a plate then drying it , using a hair dryer helps alot. btw i suggest P torch over San pedro but what ever.

im just still overwhelmed by how much that is i just read how many Gs of stuff that was damn

you only made 41 times as much as me but used the same size plate to dry it in which doesnt make sense i use 3 different plates when i make 3 doses

tar and tea feel pretty much exactly the same like 99% exactly the same or really 100% the only difference is really the method of consuming it

heres a final product picture from this tech

--------------------

Edited by tweekingTwak (07/28/12 07:51 AM)

OfflinetweekingTwak
shroomery sage

Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: tweekingTwak]
    #16604622 - 07/28/12 07:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

PS you probably can do many more pulls out of the cactus left overs you got i hope you didnt throw it away

--------------------

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Isopropyl Mescaline Extraction Pics and a Couple Questions(PICS NOW UP) [Re: tweekingTwak]
    #21400531 - 03/13/15 12:58 AM (9 years, 18 days ago)

2.7 kg of Perdo whaaat? Why would you extract all of this at once? It makes no sense to me.

I'm guessing what happened to this guy was he threw the remains of cacti away without extracting it further. All this tar got moldy and he had to throw it away. Out of embarassment he decided not to post in this thread anymore.

Does anyone know what difference would a 5% or 10% vinegar make? Should I still mix it 50/50 or use different proportions?

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale