Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: wildernessjunkie] * 1
    #15254601 - 10/20/11 10:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have started trying this out, thanks for starting this thread PS!
I have several cakes and trays all consolidating for different amounts, but all longer than the standard 1 week. So i will report how it goes if anyone is interested.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Fungus_monk] * 1
    #15256781 - 10/21/11 12:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanks and yeah, do report.:thumbup:

I've been thinking about how to test this out more rigorously and think that starting the same isolate from storage at different times, with different consolidation times, say normal (~a week), +1 month, +2 months for starters, might work.  I.e. you'd grow out your stock culture at 1 month intervals into bulk tubs and leave the result to consolidate over a 2 month span of 3 grows, then introduce them all to fruiting at the same time and compare directly the results.

BTW, the 3rd flush off the minitub was less spectacular at 133g wet, and the tub pretty obviously is now flushed out.  It produced the normal amount overall with a heavier than average first flush.  I think RR has mentioned this as well in terms of maximizing production from shiitakes where the fruiting space is the limiting factor...

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlineubertox
uhnss

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #15261089 - 10/22/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This is interesting. I'll be following this  :strokebeard:

Offlineextrema
Strange
Male

Loc: Norway Flag
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: ubertox] * 1
    #15262894 - 10/22/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:nyan:

--------------------
- Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -

Offlinesinewave
Habitual learner

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: extrema] * 2
    #15263949 - 10/22/11 10:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice info here.

Id guess that the use of late casing to avoid overlay during the consolidation stage, would be the way to go.

:thumbup:

--------------------
3 x 51 = 153    So three fiftyones is onefiftythree.
All the little curiosities, they make life most intresting.

:goodmorning:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: sinewave] * 1
    #15264148 - 10/22/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I cased at the time of spawning to the bulk sub and just let it sit, there was no overlay...

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: PrimalSoup] * 2
    #15265120 - 10/23/11 06:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

did you know that several years ago there were quite a few posts regarding this connection? in this thread you have 2 trusted cultivators talking about it. mycofile in particular was very adamant, and i guess he posted about this matter quite a bit. heres another old thread about it, mycofile posted in that one as well.

i used to always leave my cakes to consolidate for 3 weeks or so. however, my bulk is spawned right at 100% and fruited right when they pin (and that takes place immediately after sub is at 100%). i've always wondered why the potency was sooo much greater when i did cakes. i'm not taking about a subtle diffrence either, it was drastic.

:strokebeard:
this idea seems very promising to me. if i ever get another tub going, i'm definitely trying this out!!!!

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: awakendone] * 1
    #15266563 - 10/23/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good to see this has been noted before. :irishtoast:

I'm putting it in my sig and will work on it more.

Here's another thread same topic.

Somebody might want to test whether the sub begins to produce actives sometime during the consolidation?  I've seen some studies to suggest that this doesn't happen before pinning.  In the case I described it had started pinning at a low level:

I'm noting that the bulk sub lost structural integrity after the 3rd (and smallest) flush, possibly indicating full consumption by the spawn... :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineSKrink
KING MOB
 User Gallery

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #15278649 - 10/25/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:popcorn:

Interesting. I'll be trying this out on my next grow. Recently I've been waiting till I see a few 1" pins to introduce FC... I'll try leaving them in consolidation mode awhile longer.

--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

OfflineJustChill
Male

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: SKrink] * 1
    #15281396 - 10/26/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Would i be able to test this out if i left one or two BRF cakes to sit for three weeks instead of one, then compare?

OfflineJR23
Stranger
    #15310049 - 11/01/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A foaf had similar results to yours concerning consolidation. I was told that his tubs that consolidated for an extra two weeks seemed to be more potent than the ones not consolidated.

--------------------
"Cogito ergo sum"
    ~René Descartes

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: JustChill] * 1
    #15311122 - 11/01/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JustChill said:
Would i be able to test this out if i left one or two BRF cakes to sit for three weeks instead of one, then compare?

Seems that you might.  However I'm only familiar with grain and bulk subs so I can't really say.:mushroomgrow::Awemush:

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: JustChill] * 1
    #15314855 - 11/02/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JustChill said:

yes.

but only using a tested genetic isolate.

not spores.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: k00laid] * 1
    #15316692 - 11/03/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleENtiT
Stranger

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: chucklehead] * 1
    #15329492 - 11/06/11 12:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Very interesting and informative thread :thumbup:

It would be interesting to apply a longer consolidation in combination with the addition of tryptamine to the substrate. So interesting I may have to try it.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: ENtiT] * 1
    #15330946 - 11/06/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK, but start another thread for the speculation. :lol:  I don't want this one to get :lockdance:

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #15332404 - 11/06/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

<---- ponders :lockdance:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: RogerRabbit] * 1
    #15333301 - 11/06/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

NO NO NO...  Only longer consolidation times experiments found here!

--------------------

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #15337040 - 11/07/11 04:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've tried this, Consolidated for as long as possible until it started to pin like hell by itself.

What i noticed. The flush, especially the first has more bigger pinset. The fruits grew allot slower than what i normally see. I haven't eaten them yet, so can't give a trip report yet. But i'm confirming what other people have posted so far.

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: virus1824] * 1
    #15340640 - 11/08/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting, I found the first flush both stronger and faster than usual, kind of like they couldn't wait to get those fruits out.  Would be good to see more results...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds