Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelox
Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory?
    #1518091 - 05/03/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

topic
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerosewoodpete
a grain of sandamongst thedunes

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: thelox]
    #1518104 - 05/03/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

are you referring to the apocalypse that is supposed to happen in 2012? I think it has to do with the Aztec calendar which is very accurate but abruptly ends in 2012.

OfflineJourney
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: rosewoodpete]
    #1518124 - 05/03/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Supposedly from 2003 - 2012 we will enter the transition to the "5th density." Ive heard this but I've also heard 2012 is the year the earth ends.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1519200 - 05/04/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dcember 21st, 2012, supposedly, there will be a change of huge proportions. something like we get to read each other's minds, and fly around in hyperspace, and inhabit other worlds.

basically, novelty theory is saying that with time, we are making many more sicentific breakthroughs at a faster rate, and the rate will keep increasing until we are discovering crazy shit a million times a second. one of those is supposed to be the ability to speak without talking and to travel around crazy places.

the mayan calendar claims something big will happen, and it correlates to december 1st, 2012 on the gregorian calendar. but the gregorian calendar is off by a couple years because of some crazy shit with Jesus.

I think it's a bunch of crap, cuz nothing is relly explained. i'm not denying the possibility, and I hope something does happen, cuz shit is severly fukt up right now, but there isnt much backing up the claims about novelty theory and 2012. interesting shit anyways tho, if yer the conspiracy theory type. check out deoxy.org

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinerohitabong
shroomtastic
Loc: DC
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1519361 - 05/04/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if u guys even slightly believe in this you are as bad as fundamentalist christians....

--------------------
In the Time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey.

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#1519479 - 05/04/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Terence Mckenna descovered the many ways to assemble the hexagrams in the I Ching from china, and dicovered when graphing novelty, it ends december 21st 2012. Personaly I believe in sincronicity, but only in time will I see if it's true.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: rosewoodpete] * 1
    #1520154 - 05/04/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

are you referring to the apocalypse that is supposed to happen in 2012?  I think it has to do with the Aztec calendar which is very accurate but abruptly ends in 2012. 

The Mayan calendar used cycles, similiar to ours... weeks, months, years, decades, etc.  Their largest cycle will roll in 2012.  Kind of like our calendar in 2000.  Just as many people predicted the end would happen on 2000, so do they predict the end will happen in 2012.  If you make enough guesses you will eventually get one correct.  :smile: 

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#1520251 - 05/04/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if you look at rates of technological advancement, population growth, etc, everything's changing really fast. what's more, the rate at which it's changing is getting faster and faster. human population, and more importantly technology, builds upon itself. it is growing at an exponential rate. at this rate of change of rate of change, things are going to start getting very weird very soon.

both the I Ching and mayan calendar point to the date december 21, 2012 as something major. perhaps this is the date at which things will completely take off. perhaps this is just a close approximation.

perhaps it's all a load of shit.

we'll see. i think we'll all agree that the next 20 years will have very interesting and unpredictable things in store for Earth and humans.

that's it how i understand it. sit back and enjoy the ride.

Edited by mushmaster (05/04/03 07:33 PM)

OfflineB(O)uddha
I'm supposed togive a fuck?

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: ]
    #1520410 - 05/04/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

From what I have read, I believe that it isnt an END as in 'end of the world', but as in the end of an age, hopefully the next one will bring us more peace and enlightenment!  :grin:

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: B(O)uddha]
    #1520907 - 05/04/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

From what I have read, I believe that it isnt an END as in 'end of the world', but as in the end of an age, hopefully the next one will bring us more peace and enlightenment!  :grin: 

that, and by that time the usa will have a new regime!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinephalaris
journeyman
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #1523890 - 05/06/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

or maybe not the end of the world or a prescribed end of an age, like we tend to catagorize decades, but an end to the understanding of history. Like a linear timline of unique events that have to do with conquer, land ownership, all the various details of meritime achievement and social/political structuring.
I've wondered about the 'heat death of the universe' and how dynamic tension tends to balance into a greyed center without the need to explore any extremes, due to the confines of this dimmensional contstruct. Or how popular communications tend to define what is "normal."
I can see future wars being less glorified as media coverage and increased need for "reality-based" entertainment lulls human interest for being "human."
Information can bind together minds from all around the world. Seeing the automobile as an icon for technological advancement and human connectivity at the turn of last century leading to our condensed information matricies of this new millenium, human interest in "thinking outside the box," and defying all boundaries of geo-political structuring, it's no wonder there is a thriving world-wide understanding of hyper-dimmensional awareness.
Or stepping through the corridor of death into the multi-threaded, hyper-measurement, hyper-language chain of universes that are(have always been) bound together with the insanly finite universe humans have tried to define as the only understanding of existence. Stepping through the corridor with one mental apendage attatched (here), evolving multi-threaded "thought arms," and/or the communication lessons needed to connect to experienced minds outside of this time/space infinitum.
There is a book that can go a little deeper into the Mayan End Date by John Major Jenkins called "Maya Cosmogenesis 2012: The True Meaning of the Maya Calendar End-Date" .
Terrence McKenna once said that we could be in a transition with something that could be as easy as a one or two gene mutation that could signal a transformation into this hyper-dimmensional understanding and language development that would have no start and no end. It would be just a smooth moment of change that goes on unnoticed. And if the Mayans could measure the procession of stars around our galaxy and a possible realization of time-warping blackholes that thrive in our galaxy due to a tremendous black hole in the center of our galaxy, then maybe a global thought shift might slowly latch on that we truely can not think of self as a daily ritual. And the daily rituals we are bound to are self defeating as a core human understanding of right and wrong in the universe and our plance in time. And that thriving as a self defeating, mass consuming, emotionally unbalanced being has nothing to do with evolution. That our observing nature or plants growing or water boiling is not the boring thing we are trained to believe once the attatchment to time is dissolved on a world-wide scale.
Understanding time, how to step out of it, and making it a part of common knowledge will be a major step in the way we communicate our unbalanced emotions, and level one important control element that the social-political structure has over us. Once "the heat death of the universe" is a mundane understanding, then stepping out of existence by what we believe is a linear progression in 3D space will reveal more infinite pathways in which to channel energy in an appropraite, multiverse binding that has been happening beyond any means of me explaining this as "has" "will" "is" happen(ing).
And it all starts with one click of an internal button. We are already beginning to connect through our evolving technology.
Just realizing how much has been going on beyond the beginning or ending of our "time" will be something that a self-humiliating calandar date will reveal as the ultimate joke on humanity.

Offlinearabmobster

Loc: Palestine
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: phalaris]
    #1523957 - 05/06/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

in 2012 ill have complete control over the world

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: phalaris] * 1
    #1524077 - 05/06/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

anybody ever see donnie darko? not sure if that has anything to do with this topic, but the whole time-travel thing still fucks with my head.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: arabmobster]
    #1524083 - 05/06/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well just compare technology now to say 1992 and imagine what we will have in 2012. Not forgetting to apply the idea that as we go on advances will double and trebble ect. Just a basic example :

Technology in number form

(1992) 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256+512+1024+2048+4096+8192 (2003)

Not forgetting the earths population increase follows the same idea

Anyway just look at 1992 how many people had the internet, who even new what the internet was. Now its a thing most people cant live without for information and buisness, the totaly mass transfer of information. And things are becomeing faster and faster in the beginning there was 14k then 24k and so on 56k,128k then asdl and broadband. Things are now becomeing faster and faster, till we will reach a limit that breaks down reality as we know it.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (05/06/03 09:40 AM)

Offlinethelox
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1524138 - 05/06/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok I've heard the whole technology being developed faster and faster
theory. Now has this been around for a long time, Is it a part of the Mayan belief
or is it something more modern that McKenna and the like have come up with?

OfflineTranceAddikt
Stranger
    #1524310 - 05/06/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah donnie darko was a fucked up movie

Offlineicesickill
Stranger
    #1524315 - 05/06/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinegir
Perceptionist

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: icesickill]
    #1524944 - 05/06/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

From what I have gathered 2012 is supposed to be some kind of climax point in the fractal of time. The earth is supposed to shift into the next dimension (5th or 6th, I cant remember) and our reality will lose its linearity. DNA upgrades are also supposed to happen!!

Herez sum links!

http://www.2012.com.au/DNA_upgrades.html
http://www.2012.com.au/Site.A.html
http://www.bluehoney.org/Novelty.htm

Oh no!! It seems Terence McKenna Land (www.deoxy.org/mckenna.htm) is down right now. WHAT!? His spiritweb page it gone too!!I Whats going on here?hope they come back soon!!

--------------------
Click HERE for a sample of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded!

Offlinencj
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: gir]
    #1525190 - 05/06/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

http://216.156.126.178/art/apocalypse.jpg

many religions seem to be pointing to the same era of time for the end of the world

--------------------
The Mars Volta is the shit.

Offlineicesickill
Stranger
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: rohitabong]
    #1526938 - 05/07/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

if u guys even slightly believe in this you are as bad as fundamentalist christians....

I disagree, fundamental Christianity is about lecturing and listening. The Mayan prophecies are about a journey of enlightenment, discovery, and a true understanding of what we are. Sounds like complete opposites if you ask me.

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: ncj]
    #1526967 - 05/07/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

http://216.156.126.178/art/apocalypse.jpg

many religions seem to be pointing to the same era of time for the end of the world

i dont really get freaked out by stuff like that usually, but it is sorta weird that all those religions more or less point to the same thing. just out of curiosity, who made that chart?

--------------------

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1527476 - 05/07/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you seem pretty knowledgable on this subject....as well as some other people here. are there any books that you guys would recomend on this subject? though this isnt the first time ive heard of the theory this is defenately one of the more in depth, and interesting discussions. thanks for any help

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: gir]
    #1528201 - 05/07/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

From what I have gathered 2012 is supposed to be some kind of climax point in the fractal of time. The earth is supposed to shift into the next dimension (5th or 6th, I cant remember) and our reality will lose its linearity. DNA upgrades are also supposed to happen!!

Well according to the law of One, we are currently in the 3rd dimension or density, we will be going to the 4th, 5th and 6th, 7 and 8 are eons beyond us at this point.

OfflineMolokoVelocet
thought criminal

Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: phalaris]
    #1544419 - 05/13/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of different subcultures and individuals have targeted the time around 2012-2013 as some sort of historical horizon line.

In the 1960s, there were futurists with think tanks that suggested there would be a major population crisis in the year 2013. Graphs of exponential population growth were published in the popular press (TIME Magazine, etc). They showed the global population curve going nearly straight up around 2012-2013 and the human "population explosion" or "the population bomb' reaching astronomical numbers, analogous to the kind of "critical mass" or "chain reaction" much on people's minds then during the cold war nuclear hysteria of the 1950s and 1960s.

The Mayan Calendar is a set of cycles within cycles, rolling against each other, making up some huge 144,000 year meta-cycle. Each time one of these cycles ends, supposedly, the "World" is destroyed and starts over again. The end of the current cycle, according to most archaeologists, is near the winter solstice of 2012 AD (December 21st, 2012 AD). Two of the people promoting that idea in different ways are Terence McKenna and Jose Arguelles.

Jose Arguelles is a new-age PhD heavily into the mayan calendar who's been promoting his ideas for a very long time and created the "Harmonic Convergence" event sometime around 1986 based on various things predicted by the Mayan Calendar. The Mayan Calendar is very good at prediting things like eclipses. Whether it's any good for predicting historical events remains to be seen. Arguelles finds all kinds of exotic patterns in the Mayan Calendar system and projects a lot of spiritual and social importance onto them.

Oddly, the number 144,000 also appears in the Bible in Revelations 7:4 as the number of people "chosen of the Lord". What this has to do with it all other than increasing the level apocalyptic hysteria associated with these things I have no idea.

Terence McKenna derived this odd "fractal wave" from the inter-symbol differences of an old chinese book called the I-Ching. The I Ching was intended as a divination technique which was concerned with time (the present moment, as well as seasonality/time of year) and with "Change" the sequence of events and cycles in nature and history. It was also concerned with matters of statecraft and leadership. The book is quite old and has several layers of material that have been added into it over time. Taoists and Confuscians have had a lot of influence on the I-Ching. The actual divination techniqe of stacking up Yin and Yang lines and using sticks or coins to "randomly" determine these lines may be quite ancient. Terence McKenna suggested that the I Ching is actually a cultural fossil of some earlier neolithic lunar calendar system. He also suggested that it might be some kind of science of time that the chinese discovered through examining history, meditation and looking at the nature of mind and the unfolding of evolution over time.

Terence McKenna did a lot of shrooms, and developed much of this idea while in the shroomic state. He says he asked the mushroom voices about all this and they essentially dictated these notions to him. The result is this "Fractal time wave of history" that supposedly forecasts "The influx of novelty into history". It's specific enough to be reduced to software and that software (TimeWave Zero) may still be floating around the web.

Anyway, This McKenna TimeWave theory suggests that history ends on December 21, 2012, due to the accelleration of historical change. One idea about this is that some sort of time machine will be invented that will disrupt linear history and the future will come crashing in all at once.

Another fairly credible idea like this is the notion of "The SIngularity" or "Technocalypse" where accellerating technology produces hyper-human artificial intelligences that further accellerate their own evolution. Sort of a hyper-moores-law scenario. Nanotechnology, Biotechnology and Cybernetics converge to create rapidly some unimaginablle future. Vernor Vinge is the science fiction author/scientist(?) promoting that idea. The outfit most heavily promoting and exploring Nanotechnology is The Foresight Institute run by K. Eric Drexler.

The gylph at the center of the Mayan Calendar is "Ollin" usually translated as "Motion" or "Earthquake" and it's ostensibly how the world cycle will come to an end. I think an interesting alternative interpretation for this terminal glyph is "Change". The world and history will be "destroyed" by change and something totally new will happen, but that's just a metaphor. I'm not a Singularity Fundamentalist or whatever.

There's also a bunch of people that call themselves posthumanists transhumanists and/or Extropians that you may find interesting. They think that we're all going to evolve into something far beyond human by merging with (or modifying ourselves via) technology. Extropians are into intelligence augmentation, physical immortality, uploading themselves, etc.

Links to this stuff at:
The Singularity
Foresight Institute (Nanotech)
TimeWave Zero "explanation"

Terence McKenna Talks - in MP3 format

TimeWave Zero software screen shots

General Stuff about Jose Arguelles "The Mayan Factor"

DieOff.com - population catastrophe theory

The Extropy Institute

Edited by MolokoVelocet (05/13/03 09:37 PM)

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Can Someone Explain the Whole 2012 Theory? [Re: MolokoVelocet]
    #15955494 - 03/16/12 01:58 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

:psychsplit:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#15955723 - 03/16/12 01:58 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Don't resurrect old off topic posts.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract