Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Gypsum, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed   eBay Lab Glassware

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleErliquin
Stranger
psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :)
    #1517584 - 05/03/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hi PC,

Just a shout to say thanks to your mentoring and generous gnome friend :wink: on the Golden Teacher and Australian prints.

Without ado, after a hell long delay...

Kick off I was told by some chap living on Pluto was April 7th (thus 3 & 1/2 weeks into game play) with inoculation from having made the first spore syringe. Two spore syringes made since, using pressure cooked tap water. No probs. The 2nd was Australian, the 3rd was GT for a giggle.

Incubator, a crate on a heat pad. Hort grade. Temp (as said "outside"), generally as seen in the pic 27C.

Fruit chamber with fish tank heater in an under chamber. Thermometer seen in next pic. Temp, 22C.

The 3 bithed cakes are GT. The cat should have held back and waited, as the bruising evidences dehydration, though they have started and hopefully a successful attempt to secure spore prints proves satisfactory. The two in there not birthed are awaiting evidence of pins. The cat will live 'n learn. :blush:

The pic with the glasses in process of colonization are...

upside down = GT (total cakes of GT are 8) Some are slow from being packed a tad too tight...but are getting there. :smile:

right side up = Australian (total cakes are 7). Not packed, and exact to PF formula (not the Simple Minds forumla as the GT's were done). The tall glass an experiment as it was the only glass available, so I was told. Another (in short glass) might end up GT, depends which mycelium wins :wink: lol.

Glass size is 7 &1/2 fluid ounce, 300ml & the tall one, 400ml. Metric and Imperial, as if it's not confusing enough. :laugh:

*** Next pics in 24hrs+ time, due to pic limits. ***

4 x 1lt jars of grain #1 attempt. Bird seed (mostly millet). Pre-soaked 24hrs, well rinsed, some water added and then pressure cooked for 60mins at 15psi. Shaken so whole profile is lose. Water content where grains will stick to the glass but fall off with a tap. Steel cap, rubber seal, hole with poly fill, aluminium foil covered. Inoculated on a GT mycelium solution in same pic. There's swirls of fluffy white matter in that cloudy water I have heard. It was clear at the start, but soon changed. Dextrose, light malt and potato water. Next time, less grain be used as it swells from 2lt volume to near 4lt.

Some bits and pieces. 18lt stock pot for pasturization of manure/straw in a near distant dream from a farmers paddock in the direction of dawn. :smile: Old fry pan to be made into a trivett (so I was told) for said stock pot. BFR, vermiculite, bird seed and more 1lt glasses. Also an ionizer (needs new HEPA filters) and an ozone generator. The ozone generator kills spores in the air.

Questions:

Can the use of the ionizer with new HEPA filters blowing air over a job, i.e. inoculating agar, grain to grain, taking a tissue sample from a fruit ect work?

Or, does it need to have a canopy of sorts, what you like to call a flow hood?

Final question, has anyone ever cased with grow flock? It's far lighter than rockwool, inert and as clean as vermiculite. Only asking, as that's faster than a test with a PF type cake .

Well, almost final question. Is it the rule to speak about gnomes, cats and people on pluto...very tedious. Only asking as the guidelines have been apparantly deleted. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) *DELETED* [Re: Erliquin]
    #1517616 - 05/03/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) [Re: poke smot!]
    #1521223 - 05/05/03 06:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Then again, authorities would need to get shroomery website logs in order to associate a name on this forum with an IP address. Then a trip to your ISP...

Or, if some crooked authority is trying to actively investigate ur shit, they may try to get your addy via. print trades (maybe). Perhaps they could call the ISP who's name is attached to your email. The people who have access to your billing info would probably be required to give it up if there is a warrant. And a warrant can't be signed unless you said, "I grew the shit, I ate them, I blar-de-blar".

Thats the theory at least.

Everyone on this forum should learn how to "spoof" their IP, if they are not already doing so.

-FB

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1521292 - 05/05/03 07:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ip spoofing does no good....I've been around long enough to know what a blue box, urine box, blotto box, and a beige box is..I know how 2600 got it's name, I remember when locations were nothing more than area codes and war dialers were in frequent use...I even remember 1200baud modems...I can still tell you the connect rate of a modem by the tone and whether it will connect or not...I remember PBX'n to norway and holland for 0-day....if they want you...all spoofing does is add a little to the work load....but they will know who you are in less than an hour....I still think I used to know Moe H...and if it's him....he's the best I ever knew....

Eschelon...Carnivore....Tempest....they have it we dont...and they already know...trust me on this one....I've been to the wrong side of the bench too damned often to think they dont....when it suits their purpose...thats when...Look at PF, it was because they wanted some attentionon the comunity and a reaction...

within a couple of years...every thing is a felony....the roach in your ashtray, a seed on your carpet will be intent to cultivate, it's their system and no one is standing up to it...even when they do they end up with the same fate...prison or worse...

P#1
...yes, your government would do that....and they have....time and time again.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1521334 - 05/05/03 08:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

AS for the "within a couple of years everything will be a felony". Marijuana penalties have actually dropped in severity since the 60's / 70's with Anslinger running the War on Drugs.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisibleErliquin
Stranger
Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1541002 - 05/12/03 07:00 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

poke smot, thanks for the guide on the shroomery. The IP issue seems the same as Canna sites. :wink: The flow hood, sounds the go but still yet to get the filters when I can make it into town. I certainly will, so G2G the go along with agar. I?ll experiment with the grow flock soon. Thanks for your helpful input. Much appreciated. :smile:

psilocybe, well this pic is for you. :smile:
2nd attempt at grains as the first lot was far too dry (it should be called desert grain and not birdseed) because a 1 water to 2 grain was no where near enough wet stuff. Mycelium refused to colonize anywhere bar the bottom where the only moisture was had. After tipping it out, it was like sand lol. Ratio I will use in 3rd grain trial will be 350ml grain to 250ml water with 1/4 teaspoon gypsum which is close to the ratio used at the moment. (couldn?t tag it, here?s the link)

What?s seen is birdseed (mostly millet) inoculated 4 days ago as per the last of the GT print your helpful gnome sent. :wink: I have though, taken two new GT prints from the 1st PF cake flush. They appear to be working as per 4 new PF test cakes and a dextrose & potato water solution. The solution (hopefully) will be used to inoculate the next batch of grains. The last solution I made was too weak in dextrose, malt and potato water. It did produce some mycelium in small cloud like suspended drifts and I did use it with success on the 1st grains, but it ultimately failed because the grains were too dry. Live and learn.

BTW, does anyone have a good filtering method for potato water? I ran it through a 25u (a silk screen material) and still gremlins in it. I even tried using a face mask as a filter in a funnel but it took forever to filter through. It?s sterile, it has been pressure cooked at 15psi for 45 mins, but particles in it make it hard for a newbie like me to discern who?s who in the zoo.

Erl.

Edited by Erliquin (05/12/03 07:12 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybe cubensis, here's to your gnome :) [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1543449 - 05/13/03 12:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AS for the "within a couple of years everything will be a felony". Marijuana penalties have actually dropped in severity since the 60's / 70's with Anslinger running the War on Drugs.

Jr

now we have penalties for selling a piece of glass...sure some use it for illegal substance but not everyone does....Tommy Chong and a Host of others were busted just a couple of months ago...selling glassware...how did it get more lax in penalties...overcrowded jails are the reason it looks like a slap on the wrist...it's still 2yrs probation, community service, frequent testing, D&A courses, oodles of cash payed out....and a butt load of other stuff....thats not more lenient....it's just trying alternate methods....mostly to fatten up the coffers at city hall, the penalties are stiffer and will get worse...

my brother was busted with a joint 18 years ago, $200 fine and nothing else...a freind got busted with a seed in his car...he lost his car, paid $500 in fines and still paying $30 a month for 24 months, and a loss of license for a year....first offense

P#1

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Gypsum, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed   eBay Lab Glassware

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation