Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegrasshopper
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Too much info! Lost in a daze?
    #15175837 - 10/04/11 11:35 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This site has so much info that I’m totally confused. I don’t even know what everyone is talking about most of the time. So, would it be better and cheaper if I just purchased a complete growing kit? I see that University Scientific Corp. has a Mushroom Box Mini Growing system for $26.95 + ship. Would this be a way for me to go at first. Or, if you know of a better inexpensive kit, let me know. I’m not even going to go into the seemingly hundreds of different spoors to choose from. Thanks for any suggestions.

Grasshopper

--------------------
Your level of Geekness, at any given moment, is directly proportional to the level of un-Geekness the person you are speaking to possesses.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: grasshopper]
    #15175843 - 10/04/11 11:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

if you can figure out how to get on irc, join #cultivation and tell gretchen i sent you

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #15175850 - 10/04/11 11:39 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry about strains if this is your first time. One cubensis is much the same as another.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

InvisibleEarth Child

#15175867 - 10/04/11 11:42 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The only advice I have to offer is to start out growing the cubensis species. These are the simplest actives to grow, and a great way to start building your confidence in the field of mushroom cultivation.

Assuming that, since you're planning on buying a kit, you already know a little bit about cultivation; but if not, this link should prove more than helpful.

It's as simple as a middle grade school experiment.

Good vibes and happy growing.

--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.

My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Offlinegrasshopper
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15185287 - 10/06/11 10:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I’ve decided to listen to this forum and just do it. No kit, just the basic simplest way. Vermiculite, ground brown rice, perlite and 15w CFL daylight lighting (12 hours/day). I’m retired so I don’t have anything to do except check temps, humidity and lighting. Thanks for the help. (The acronyms really make it difficult and time consuming to understand what is being explained)

Soon I’ll be a full-fledged member of the “Timothy Leary Trip of the Month Club! Maybe even by Christmas?

Grasshopper

--------------------
Your level of Geekness, at any given moment, is directly proportional to the level of un-Geekness the person you are speaking to possesses.

InvisibleEarth Child

#15185301 - 10/06/11 10:02 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Myrtle Beach is beautiful. You ever go mushroom hunting? Maybe you could be lucky enough to find some Psilocybe caerulescens. But even if not, cubensis grows wild there as well.

--------------------

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #15185331 - 10/06/11 10:09 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Good move.
You have seen the videos on this link right?
http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek From Roger Rabbit(one of the cultivation mods).
It will show you the brf(brown rice flour)tek step by step and how to construct a proper SGFC(shot gun fruiting chamber).

It's pretty easy. Just keep things clean and you should be fine.

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: 4runner]
    #15185339 - 10/06/11 10:12 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:
Sterilize, sterilize, sterilize.
I can not put enough emphasis on that.

--------------------

OfflineIamMatt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: Earth Child]
    #15185375 - 10/06/11 10:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinegrasshopper
Old Timer
 User Gallery

On a roll now! [Re: IamMatt]
    #15190319 - 10/07/11 08:21 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Went out and bought my supplies today, easy peasy! First stop: Nursery, “Do you have any Perlite?” ………”Yes, we have several 8 Dry Quart bags right here”. ……..” I’ll take two please.” “Do you have any Vermiculite?” …..………. “Yes, but I only have 28 pound bags.” …….. “Well, I guess I’ll use it up eventually, one 28 pound bag please.” ($25.37 total)

Next stop, WalMart for Brown Rice Flour and there it was right next to the White Rice Flour. Now I just wait for my syringes.

Psybe,
I have not done any hunting yet because I’m not knowledgeable enough yet. Even though I am surrounded by thousands of acres of International Paper land, there full of red necks on four wheelers and guns. I haven’t thought of a good excuse for wandering around in the woods without a gun or a hunting license……………… “If you’re not out here to kill something, what the F~<& you doing boy”?................... I’ll just try growing first.

Anunnakian,
Yes that is what I will be going by.

Psybe,
Do you think I should sterilize?

--------------------

Edited by grasshopper (10/07/11 08:40 AM)

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #15190368 - 10/07/11 08:45 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

grasshopper said:
This site has so much info that I’m totally confused. I don’t even know what everyone is talking about most of the time. So, would it be better and cheaper if I just purchased a complete growing kit? I see that University Scientific Corp. has a Mushroom Box Mini Growing system for $26.95 + ship. Would this be a way for me to go at first. Or, if you know of a better inexpensive kit, let me know. I’m not even going to go into the seemingly hundreds of different spoors to choose from. Thanks for any suggestions.

Grasshopper

Heres what you do, get some mason jars, some bird seed, and a spore syringe. Hydrate birdseed, put in mason jar, grab a roaster put a 3rd of a inch of water in the bottom, cover airtight with tinfoil, turn oven to 200, sterilize for 45-1:15 minutes, knock them puppies up, wait a few weeks, make some casings.

Invisibleshrooms n things
IRL im a troll
Male User Gallery

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15191165 - 10/07/11 01:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Quote:

grasshopper said:

Grasshopper

Heres what you do, get some mason jars, some bird seed, and a spore syringe. Hydrate birdseed, put in mason jar, grab a roaster put a 3rd of a inch of water in the bottom, cover airtight with tinfoil, turn oven to 200, sterilize for 45-1:15 minutes, knock them puppies up, wait a few weeks, make some casings.

dont. buy a pressure cooker, the cheapest one you can find at walmart for like 40 bucks. it should hold about 3 quarts. then buy the birdseed and/or make BRF cakes. the birdseed once fully colonized needs to be "spawned" or broken up and mixed or layered into manure,coco coir, and/ or straw. the best results will come from manure

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15191239 - 10/07/11 01:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If I recall, there is some 'Real Good Shit' for sell on here somewhere.

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15191244 - 10/07/11 01:22 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

grasshopper said:

Grasshopper

Nothing personal, but this is both in the wrong forum and kinda... yeah...

Just choose a method and go. Use BRF + verm as your substrate in pressure cooked mason jars and then fruit in a fish tank with high relative humidity and a source of 6500K (blue) light. You literally can't fuck this up, I think.

My one tip: be careful not to over pressurecook them. If you do you'll make jars that can't be colonized because it's a solid block of caramel-consistency junk.

--------------------

wat man rly

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15192832 - 10/07/11 07:56 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shrooms n things said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Quote:

grasshopper said:

Grasshopper

dont. buy a pressure cooker, the cheapest one you can find at walmart for like 40 bucks. it should hold about 3 quarts. then buy the birdseed and/or make BRF cakes. the birdseed once fully colonized needs to be "spawned" or broken up and mixed or layered into manure,coco coir, and/ or straw. the best results will come from manure

Poormans cooker, Works excellently, I never had a problem using said method.

Invisibleshrooms n things
IRL im a troll
Male User Gallery

Re: Too much info! Lost in a daze? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15192842 - 10/07/11 07:59 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

thats cool and no offense when i say this but just because you dont have a problem, doesnt mean he might not. there will not be problems with a pressure cooker (assuming its at 15psi for 70-120 min)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Community >> The Pub