Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

Loc: North West U S of A
First PF TEK grow - Albino A+ & Huatula...Contam'd..
    #15152136 - 09/29/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi guys' and gals'. My very first post! :crazy2:  I've been doing losta reading on the forums. This site is a plethora of info mations! SO THANKS EVERYBODY! :wink:

I've learned lots and am still takin it all in. I'm interested in edible, hallucinogentic and deadly mushies. I never ever understood mushrooms before until I met this site. It's crazy.. mycellium that is.. How its really the 'tree' or 'roots' and the shrooms are the fruit. So cool. Anyhow... I am a somewhat intermediate/seasoned grower in terms of plants. I am a medical marijuana patient and grow cannabis for myself. I also am into crossing genetics and such, but am completly new to this type of growing.. and having to be so damn sterile. VERY DIFFERENT. Anyhow...

As for my first grow. I purchased 2 syringes from a sponsor. Got Albino A+ and Huatula. I used wide mouth half pinters (12 - 6 per strain). I bought a 15psi PC and followed the cool PF Tek vids, EXCEPT for the micro spore tape and I used organic Dark Rye Flour instead of BRF because of availabilty. (I'm in the boonies!) I did NOT soak the flour...like I read about solid rye 'grain'.. wasn't sure it would work the same. I just imagined a huge mess with wet flour then trying to dry it out in the oven or something?(im thinking this is one possibility where my contam came from)

Anyhow, I covered them up with foil very tightly and PC'd about 70-80mins. Bleached out and dryed my new clear tub, shut doors turned off fans, set my clean jars in the tub and partially cover top with the lid, took off foil.. minimal condensation on top of jars.(shoulda used micro tape lol) I lighter/flame sterilized until glowing red for each jar. Then just left them in the tub in my closet a few feet off the ground. Its slightly chilly here already so I left the tub on a heating blanket on low. (its not hot at all. barely warm)

Below is what happened in just a few days. I inoculated on the 24th of Sept. Today is the 29th. After all I'm reading and pictures I've seen, I'm almost positive that all of my albino jars are contaminated with some sort of green mold or trich. :sad: The Huatula are taking forever and only 2 jars show small but nice mycellium growth. (i think)

The albinos are wierd because all the spots it's growing are right where I sprayed the solution.. almost as if the mold spores were in the solution. I wiped the rims off hella good and even wiped alcohol pads around the lip after I wiped off remenants of substrate, before adding my dry verm. (I'm a clean freak when it comes to injecting things and sterility.. I use injc. anabolics and have for 6 or 7 years and never have had an infection yet...) I think I'll be building an innoc box soon.
Soooo.. after my long drawn out first post, what do you all think? It's weird cause its not green green, kinda white grey..with a hint maybe of green? It looks like some of the color might be coming from just the sub mix through whatever is growing.. know what I mean? I still think it's contaminated for sure cause it dont look like the good mycel growth on the Huat's.  Thaks for looking and respondin in advance!!! -VP

Good right(Huat) Bad left (Al+)

mold1

mold2

good myc.. Huatula

also.. i used two differnt verms..one had been open for awhile but zipped shut, courser grade. one new, as pictured, abit finer. I used 6 jars older stuff and 6 newer. Then used 3 jars from ea bag with a diff strain to see if one grew better/ worse.

Also these 6 jars have been quarantined.

--------------------
Wise man once say, "Goto bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly fingers."

Sweet Sativa(personal cross - Mex. Sat.X SweetTooth#3)(MEDICAL):

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpeck1186
Student
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: First PF TEK grow - Albino A+ & Huatula...Contam'd.. [Re: VegasPole]
    #15152230 - 09/29/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

next time PC for the full 90 or longer. You won't soak your flour you'll follow the tek as directed. 2 parts verm 1 part water 1 part BRF. flame sterilize before and after ever jar. And dont put them in any box leave them in open air for FAE.:rasta:

--------------------

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

Re: First PF TEK grow - Albino A+ & Huatula...Contam'd.. [Re: Speck1186]
    #15152325 - 09/29/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Speck1186 said:
next time PC for the full 90 or longer. You won't soak your flour you'll follow the tek as directed. 2 parts verm 1 part water 1 part BRF. flame sterilize before and after ever jar. And dont put them in any box leave them in open air for FAE.:rasta:

Yeah I thought it said 60 in a PC and 90 for boiling water method. Anyway thought i was good at 70 80 minutes plus how long it takes to even cool down. I also read Rye flour was an exceptable medium substitute for BRF. I'll get some anyway, I know it's what is supposed to be used. I don't want to waste anymore of my time than I have to. :wink:  Weird that none of the Huat's have got it though, only the albinos.... I'm sure at this rate that they will.  ...also I had to do 3 PC runs, as my PC only holds 4 jars. So 2 batches actually went for longer than the first, by maybe 10 or 15 mins..

....also, I was opening the bin up every 8-12 hrs to air it out, because of the air exchange deal.Thats why I never used tape, but now I understand the tapes just to keep the water/condensation out. Alot has already be learnt!! That's for sure. Success on my next run!! ...AND hope for the remaining HUAT's!!!  :sunny:

Can I drop those cakes out in a field somewhere and burn my clothes and possibly have mushies at some point outside? or is that trich/mold so nasty it just kills all the mycellium period? (i'll prob just trash after what i hear about this stuff.. i dont need bad omens by pushin' it just for a few mushie mushs'):stoned:

Edited by VegasPole (09/29/11 11:19 AM)

OfflineSpeck1186
Student
Male

#15153948 - 09/29/11 04:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well you have no mycelium so no you wont have mushroom growth either. Those are effed! it is possible that the spores were contamed to start with, but it's doubtful. You should have spores left over since there 10cc-12cc and you did three jars that means you only used 3cc's per strain. But if sterility is not kept you will lose your shit... lol.

--------------------

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

#15156842 - 09/30/11 07:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Speck1186 said:
well you have no mycelium so no you wont have mushroom growth either. Those are effed! it is possible that the spores were contamed to start with, but it's doubtful. You should have spores left over since there 10cc-12cc and you did three jars that means you only used 3cc's per strain. But if sterility is not kept you will lose your shit... lol.

Thanks for the replies.  ...Yeah I bagged them all and trashed them. They actually had tiny spots of what definetly looked like mycellium(just completly being overrun though), but once I got to a rational thought process again I decided to just get rid of them. I don't need bad spores floating round here. Not worth it.

Went out last night and picked up two more 12 packs of 1/2 pinters(only 10 bucks at my grocer). I found some micro pore tape lying around(wife is in med industry :wink: ) and also bought a bag of long grain brown rice and coffee ground it on fine. This batch of sub mix turned out wayyy better consistency wise than the other batches. I pressure cooked last night for just about 2 hrs. I inoculated 4 jars this morning, 1 with albino and 3 Huautla. Thats all I had left, as I put about 1 - 2 ml's in ea jar last run(had 12 jars). I took the mircro pore tape off after innoc.
Anyhow I also ordered 2 new misc syringes, so I am kinda just doing these 4 to use the rest up and Once I recieve the others I will start a new run of about 12 jars.(but now i know the things I wont do for the next run!...like leave them in a tub covered. LOL)
So far I have 1 single jar of Huat that is about 30% colonized with pure white beautiful mycellium, and no sign of moldy molds. We'll seeeeee!

--------------------

OfflineSpeck1186
Student
Male

#15157260 - 09/30/11 09:52 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

awesome man. If I were you I'd do experiments with the misc. syringes. Ya know like making liquid cultures and grain liquid cultures. explore shroomery and experiment man. :rasta:

--------------------

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

#15159891 - 09/30/11 08:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Speck1186 said:
awesome man. If I were you I'd do experiments with the misc. syringes. Ya know like making liquid cultures and grain liquid cultures. explore shroomery and experiment man. :rasta:

NO WAY.. awesome.. I didnt even know of that liquid culture method. I've read a little on agar plates and cutting pieces of the middle to clone... but didnt know that you could make "liguid mycellium" and transfer that making it quicker and actually make my spore syringe last longer... and even take a mycell syringe, refridge it and use it later to make more LC. AWESOME! :eek: Can you tell I'm stoked you posted that?? LOL My wife doesnt care but i explained it to her anyway. hahaa  I'm definetly trying the LC method with the honey.. so cool. Can't wait to get my spore syringes! (i'll def try to clone if I think I got a good lookin shroomy) I LOVE experimenting. Don't gotta go to college to play with science. :grin:  Thanks so much bro. You've contributed to my knowledge greatly! My fun-gus and I thank you.

--------------------

OfflineSpeck1186
Student
Male

#15160301 - 09/30/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Your welcome man just tryin to help. :cool: I'm ordering myself a GT syringe and makin some LC's after i harvest this flush I'm gonna crumble 4cakes and make 2 trays. Hopefully i can get all of it right i just cant find any teks on it. But I'ma make the BRF substrate crumble 2cakes per tray let it colonize take out of the tray dunk for 24 then put it back in the tray and case it. I'm in hopes it works out. If not I'll have the GT's on there way.

--------------------

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

#15166750 - 10/02/11 12:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Very cool. So are you just innoc'n jars just like in PF Tek, but then just taking two colonized jars and crumbling the jars and then adding something different in the tub with it? then the casing of verm? after dunk.  I was interested in something of the sort too. Seems like everything I see, that this is the way to get bigger harvests.
Definetly keep me posted, I am interested in how it works out. I have just seen people do that mono tube method but with grains like corn or rye or whatever... but I dont recall a BRF method, but I'm sureeeee it's been done. LOL :sun:

Here's an update on my one jar of Huat's. It's probably 65-70% colonized. I'm just hopin and prayin that it doesnt get contaminated like all the other jars. It's pulling through so far! Yeahhhhyahhh. :smile:  Got those other 4 freshly innoctd jars just waiting. It's been only a day and a half or so. No signs yet. I feel good about them though.

You ever tried or know of anyone that's tried those LC lids from Mad Season or whatever that supply site is? They have ones that fit reg and wide mouth jars and are white plastic with a micron filter and a rubber injector on it. Seems more sterile than the drill one hole in the lid and foil method I saw on the honey water LC tek. Theyre like 4 bucks. I'm thinkin I am gonna order them in a sec here and see how it goes. Would make me feel better about it all.. I dont wanna do all the work and end up with contams. (not like its alot of hard work or anything... just wasted/lost time. :wink:) and you can reuse them over and over. They just look alittle flimsy. I'm sure they'd be ok with some parafilm around the rim.

--------------------

OfflineSpeck1186
Student
Male

#15166798 - 10/02/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah I'ma get one of those too

--------------------

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

#15166809 - 10/02/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well... I'm in the picture mood so I'm gonna post some non related pics for viewing pleasure.. LOL Hope nobody gets mad. :thumbup:  Here's me and my lady's from last winters indoor medical grow. C99xBlueberry on right, unknow on left. Close up of unknown strain. Smelt sooo sweet like cherries and tasted the way it smelttt. :stoned:

This one is a cross I've been working on for years called Sweet Sativa. (Mexican Sativa fem and a Sweet Tooth #3 male) The sweetest smelling herb ever that I'm whiffed. Tasted amazing.. hashy sweet. Like candy. Mmmmmm...  Growing 6 more right now.

Nothing like BUD-palms on the beach! :tongue2:

Heres a fire that SWIM worked. Lightning strike caused 5,000 acres to scorchhhh. Was nuts. SWIM almost got burned up with his crew that night. Saved a subdivision though. :cool:

That's it fo now! Sorry this post was off topic. :blush:

--------------------

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15168965 - 10/02/11 08:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You have to be sure to keep the needle sterile after you flame it. Spores can still land on it before you get it in the hole and make sure the area around hole has been sterilized with alcohol are preferably have something alcohol soaked covering the syringe needle and the hole until it the inoculation is completed. Then you should have a much lower contamination rate.

Mold from under pressure cooking is pretty rare, and contaminated syringes are uncommon assuming you are flaming the needle before and after. So there's always a very good chance that any mold was introduced during the injection on the outside of the needle. Even if red hot the needle cools quickly and won't necessarily kill all spores on contact after the flame is gone.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures