Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

SGFC perlite layer depth in relation to tubsize
    #15166788 - 10/02/11 02:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So this friend of mine is using a SGFC in the size of like 25 litres and he wondered if he should have followed the SGFC-instructions to a T and take a tub of like 60 litres for it.
He was wondering if a smaller FC would not be able to create enough air circulation through the perlite/clay granulate to humidify the air inside.

He had some problems with dry cakes and quite small mushrooms, last of which you could blame MS-genetics for.

Any advices/guesses about SGFC sizes?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: SGFC perlite layer depth in relation to tubsize [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #15166870 - 10/02/11 02:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
So this friend of mine is using a SGFC in the size of like 25 litres and he wondered if he should have followed the SGFC-instructions to a T and take a tub of like 60 litres for it.
He was wondering if a smaller FC would not be able to create enough air circulation through the perlite/clay granulate to humidify the air inside.

He had some problems with dry cakes and quite small mushrooms, last of which you could blame MS-genetics for.

Any advices/guesses about SGFC sizes?

How far were the cakes spread out? If they covered to much of the surface area of the perlite then that would have an effect of RH. But if they were at least two inchs apart then I wouldn't see that to be a problem. Is the SGFC built to specs?

Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: SGFC perlite layer depth in relation to tubsize [Re: The Influence]
    #15168224 - 10/02/11 07:54 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well, i guess not exactly. He drilled the holes with a pointed knife but plenty of them. As I mentioned the size of his shotgun terrarium was not according with specs.

On the other hand he didn't have that many cakes. But I heard that it's even benificial for the cakes to be close to each other because it should produce a fine microclimate.

Well I was just wondering because it is very important to drain the perlite well in order to allow optimal fresh air circulation (That was said by RR but I don't have a link). So I figured that maybe a wrong terrarium size with too much perlite could have a similar effect... Guess he should buy a hygrometer ^^

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation