Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezepski
Ya Momma
Male User Gallery

Newbie question...Spraying cakes
    #15162551 - 10/01/11 03:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Im not to the point of spraying the cakes but i was wondering when i get to this point.  What should i have in the spray bottle?  DI water, spring water, drinking water, tap water (city water)?  Only water? 

Also off topic but I've been reading colonization time on here and seeing people saying a wide time frame from people claiming a little over a week to others saying 2-3 weeks.  Im using half pint jars with the B+ strain.

Thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Newbie question...Spraying cakes [Re: zepski]
    #15162578 - 10/01/11 03:44 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You don't want to "spray" the cakes directly. You want your bottle to give off a mist, and mist over the top of your FC (with the lid off of course). You want to mist when the cakes look like they are drying a little. I personally fan about 5 times daily.

As for you question on colonizing times, there are so many variables. First is genetics, when using MS or multispore you get a bunch of different genetics some mycelium will be faster than others. Also tightly packed substrate will greatly slow colonization times, to wet of a substrate, not enough GE or gas exchange, tempatures etc. Just be patient as long as your seeing progressive growth and no contams you will be good.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation