Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineevilmushroom
Traveler

Loc: Bolivia Flag
Agar Petri Dish
    #15153026 - 09/29/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have been pouring agar petri dishes. I would say this petri dish has the ideal consistency I seek when I prepare it. This plate is an agar to agar transfer.

Does the mycelium look healthy?

--------------------
"We are not to imagine or suppose, but to discover, what nature does or may be made to do." - Francis Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecalicyco

Re: Agar Petri Dish [Re: evilmushroom]
    #15153078 - 09/29/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

evilmushroom said:
I have been pouring agar petri dishes. I would say this petri dish has the ideal consistency I seek when I prepare it. This plate is an agar to agar transfer.

Does the mycelium look healthy?

There is a lot going in there, but you do have healthy mycelium. You need to transfer to new plates way before it grows out that far though. Generally you do not want it to touch the edges of the plate, as thats where contams can be hiding.

Also, you should transfer much smaller pieces to new plates. That big chunk in the middle is way too big for a transfer. If you are trying to isolate, take a very tiny piece when transferring. Like the size of a grain of rice. Basically the smallest bit you can cut out.

In fact I transfer when the entire plate has grown out about as much as that big chunk you transferred, or just a bit larger than that. Then take a tiny thread and transfer that to a new plate. When you have a good uniform isolate, let it grow out about 2/3 of the plate then take some to save in a culture slant, and use the rest to inoculate spawn.

Offlineevilmushroom
Traveler

Loc: Bolivia Flag
Re: Agar Petri Dish [Re: calicyco]
    #15157253 - 09/30/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Many thanks, I thought my agar transfers were a bit large

--------------------
"We are not to imagine or suppose, but to discover, what nature does or may be made to do." - Francis Bacon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag