Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Quintessence]
    #1515613 - 05/02/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i said that in response to shroomery/overgrow statement. but I failed to mention that(apologies)

it was a theory in response to that. Obviously it was my fault for not pointing out any of these when made a vague statement how the internet was hurting the fight against legalizing cannabis.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: shr00m]
    #1515650 - 05/02/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I agree.
Under 18, shouldn't be here.

Mobs of moms destroyed PF, let's not let that same mob destroy the Shroomery.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1515659 - 05/02/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

shr00m: are you 18 years of age or over?
You seem to be defending minors a lot.

Similiarly, I remember when I was a minor, discussing topics about lowering the age for drinking and smoking. Now that I am of legal age, it doesn't really matter to me what the legal age is, and I, like most others, don't really bother wasting our time trying fruitlessly to lower that age to benefit a generation that we have already passed and most likely won't have anything to do with (regarding drinking & smoking).

So, shr00m, that is why I question you, if you understand what I just wrote above.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Edited by daba (05/02/03 06:17 PM)

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: daba]
    #1515678 - 05/02/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1515701 - 05/02/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

im 20 at the moment. when i was under 18 and in high school i knew jack about drugs...well i knew more than most, and honestly im not joking about that. people would say LSD is bad for you...leaves traces in your spine, makes you go insane after 3 hits, etc, etc. i remember once when some low life dealer decided to pick mushrooms in his backyard....dry them and sell em off as "magic mushrooms". needless to say several people got violently sick and had to go to the hospital. i dont know what kind they were...skinny, tiny caps. the day before i was on the net at school (didnt have it at my house at the time) and i was looking up shrooms and other psychedelics. i looked at some pics at one site (erowid?? lycauem??? dont recall) anyways i was going to buy some off him....i look gave me the creeps....they didnt look at ALL like the mushrooms i had seen earlier. well long story short i said i forgot my $$$ and took off. if i didnt see those pics i would have bought some and ended up in the hospital.

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1515707 - 05/02/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I am not defending minors. And I am going to keep to myself what age I am. I am hoping you guys can find out by the way I sound(hehe, a joke)

And I am not here to preach to lower the age of drinking or anything else. I don't think I have mentioned that anywhere. Can you please tell me where i have been "defending minors a lot." Well in a way I am but you see it differently. I may be wrong, but do you think I am trying to lower the age of drinking and smoking?

I was just talking about the right to view information about illegal drugs. Why do you have to be a certain age group to read about it? The drugs we are talking about is illegal. So it makes sense that since people over the age of 18 can read about it, why cant younger kids?

What I did mention was the legalizing of cannabis. You might have been confused about what I was trying to say; which I can clearly see.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1515713 - 05/02/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to continue this conversatoin shr00m, move it to a PM.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: daba]
    #1515716 - 05/02/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont mind continuing it on the forums.

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1515720 - 05/02/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps you didn't read the rules of nice, respectable discussion in the forums... and I see this conversation continuing in the negative direction, which should be continued in a PM.

But then again, you don't read a lot of things it seems.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Rustik]
    #1515727 - 05/02/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

2 "kids" started the shroomery....
not saying I disagree with the no minors thing, nor that I agree with it but just stating the facts...
I would definately not use my cc to verify my age!
also keep in mind that these birdbrains could be non friendlies or bad trolls....

Edited by Morphrying (05/02/03 06:47 PM)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Morphrying]
    #1515807 - 05/02/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"But then again, you don't read a lot of things it seems."

No, its not that. I just dont see why we would need to continue this conversation in PM form when I don't see this going in a negative direction.

I have been in other forums and most forums have the same rules(especially with drug talk.) So I know the rules and I not only post here but at OG.com too.

All the post I made in this thread was not ment to break out a negative arguement. (Im sorry if you(daba) felt offended in anyway.)I don't see how this was turning into a negative arguement. So that is why I choose not to continue this using PMs.

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Quintessence]
    #1515840 - 05/02/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So you want us thta are talking about felonious activity to give our full names, addresses AND credit card numbers.... I think that the shroomery board would cease to exist :smile:

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: daba]
    #1515922 - 05/02/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lmfaoooooooooooooo @ u

You slay me!

What is wrong with a debate?
Nothing!

No name calling...no my dick is bigger than yours is going on.

Let em debate!

My view on all this is :

2 kids started the Shroomery...you wouldn't be here if they didn't start the Shroomery.
Then 3d took it over and he was under age...and he did and does a fantastic job!!

I really don't care what age anyone is...as long as they can act in a mature fashion...some of the younger crowd acts more mature than the older members!!!

I really don't think the minors should be posting that they are growing in mommy and daddy's house...but I did when I was younger.  :grin:
Maybe the minors should just say they are over 18 and there wouldn't be a problem.  :grin:

PS.
I don't think you will ever see a crack down on minors at this site as long as 3d is running it...although I have  been known to be wrong before.
lolzz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Roadkill]
    #1515933 - 05/02/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

/me blushes

That indeed would be a great debate topic.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Anonymous

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1515966 - 05/02/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hey I decide I will put my 2 cent in.

I think it will very hard to get minors out of the shroomery, the veri check age might work but alot of members will leave that are not minors.  I feel minors should go to erowid to find out about drugs.  If we are to educate  the minors, why not learn from the truth or best sorcure(sp?).  The shroomery is a great place for cultivation questions. Cultivation should only be done by people that are able to cultivate without the fear being caught.  It does put the shroomery at risk, because you are able to trade spores and learn how to cultivate shrooms and other great plants.  That is why PF went down.

Once enough minors get caught because they traded thing for spores and learned how to cultivate. they will attack the shroomery.  For God sakes, the feds will even start picking out the companies that make the spores, because they advertise on here.  I would never have cultivated while living at home with my parents.  Its dangerous to you and the shroomery itself.  Minors can find all about drugs at other sites that will be more informitive, about the nature of a drug.  I think we can all say that we have seen some stupid answers to peoples questions before; thats what spreads lies. :smile:  I think what Bob_J  did was smart. Thats spreading the truth to the minors. He did the best thing a minor could do, because if he was caught by someone(parents, teacher, whatever) on the shroomery forum he would be in trouble because his was a minor. :wink:

well my 2 cent as I see it. :smile:
(I agree with roadkill. Do not talking about living at home with parents or being underage)
peace

zerohero

Edited by zerohero (05/02/03 08:47 PM)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: ] * 1
    #1515990 - 05/02/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the disclaimer should have something like....

If you get caught cultivating, etc. with shrooms don't narc on shroomery.org :laugh:
Narcs are bad. I hate narcs lol

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1516015 - 05/02/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Very good post! 5 shrooms for you!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

Re: Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... [Re: Ripple]
    #1516296 - 05/02/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Very good points have been raised by all the posters here.

I understand that many are against any credit card system - fair enough, I wouldn't want to do it either - I only suggested it because it was the only thing I could think of at the time.

Quote:

and about rustiks comment about if the person "sounds" like a kid.
thats a really stupid remark. The internet is full of anonymous people. We have no idea if they are a kid or not. Sure we might have a clue. But I know people that are over 18 years old that "sounds" like kids on the internet.

When that particular person states that they are living with their parents, don't have a job and are still in high school, it is pretty obvious they are too young to be here. I realize that the people here are generally anonymous. When I said "sounds" like a kid, I wasn't referring to grammer/spelling etc.. I meant if they "sound" like a kid as in they say they live with their parents, admit to being in high school, stuff like that.

When you live with your parents, you are usually subjected to scrutiny and the views of your parents concerning drugs are prevalent. I said it before and I'll say it again - if a parent or parents caught their kids at this site and/or caught them growing shrooms and somehow related it to this site, then it is concievable that said parents *might* decide to persue legal action. And that in turn could open the floodgates, and those of us here who wish to remain anonymous could easily be traced down via IP/gateway (which I believe is logged). We adults who frequently post in the cultivation/advanced cultivation forums *could*, in theory, be tracked down, and this is my PRIMARY concern. The safety of the ADULTS here. We have more to lose than these wreckless kids - they might get juvy or punished in some other manner, but we go to a place called PRISON if we get caught.

Shr00m - I understand where you are coming from, but you need to understand that if a kid is living with their parents, they DO NOT need to be viewing the cultivation/advanced cultivation forums. If they need info on mushrooms, there are other places to find it. Kids are going to be kids, though, and yes, it would be very difficult to weed them all out.

Perhaps if the moderators took a more aggressive stance against minors in the forums, we would all be better off. For example - if a kid blatantly admits to being such, they should be banned. They DO NOT need to be here, and their presence is a threat to those of us who have a general interest in the subject and who are on our own making our OWN adult decisions. I just don't think it is worth the elevated risk to allow kids to be rummaging through here, learning how to grow mushrooms that they are NOT mentally prepared to take.

Quote:

This site is very helpful because it informs everyone what shrooms are, etc. Why would this information be only allowd to people that are 18 years or older?

Let's face it - this is primarily a mushroom CULTIVATION forum, that is obviously the focus, and kids don't need to be culitivating shrooms. The age of 18 is chosen because that is the age at which MOST kids move out on their own and begin their own lives (effectively becoming ADULTS). The whole issue here is the fact that PARENTs have attacked and destroyed several different drug-related websites and prominent individuals in the drug community. Fanaticus didn't know how old their customers were, and that was a big problem - parents found out, and took 'em down, and Robert McPherson is probably going to do hard time because of it. I do NOT want to share his fate, and I am sure the prominant members of this community would rather avoid it as well.

I appreciate the feedback, and IMO the bottom line is that the mods need to crack down on kids. Verification is obviously a bad idea - many people do not like the idea, and I think the community would lose too many people from the implementation of such a system. However, I do believe that it is in everyones best interest for the mods to either A) come up with some other alternative or B) simply crack down and ban anyone that is obviously NOT over age 18.

It's NOT worth the risk, for any of us.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

Edited by Rustik (05/02/03 11:21 PM)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1516366 - 05/02/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

its very true of what you said. You make great points. Im very sorry about the screw up of the "sounding" like a kid.(wont happen again!haha).

I absolutely wouldn't want this webpage to be closed because of some kid that got caught growing shrooms and blaming it on this website. NARC. that would be terrible.

So I would understand if the owner/s of this site did all they can(in a fair way)to help prevent such things from happening as what did to Fanaticus.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1517235 - 05/03/03 08:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

a long as the disclaimer is on the website and the fact that spores are not illegal, there is no reason to block kids from this website. for legal reasons i can understand the disclaimer, but not checking credit cards. there is no way you can keep kids completely off the shroomery if they want to be here, so instead acting like a bunch of elitists, lets realize this site offers LIFE SAVING information about drug use.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom