Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekingpsilo281
the Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulfcoast
recycling your mycelium
    #15152492 - 09/29/11 01:46 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, i had an idea about 2 weeks ago when i was pluckin some fruits..
When i was removing the substrate that was stuck to the bottom of the fruits, i collected all of it in a quart jar, rather than just throwing it away..I figured that if it all recolonized with no contams, i could use it to spawn to a flower pot with comp. h-poo/coir/verm mix with no pastureization needed..
so, i sprayed some water in the the jar of substrate scraps to add some moisture. Then i let it sit for 3-4 days before it was fully white and healthy !
I Mixed the recycled spawn with my non pastureized sub. in a flower pot, and watered it well.. I let it sit out in my room;yes, out in the open, and just misted it 2 times a day..after about a week and a half, i turned the flower pot upside down and it all came out in one brick..It was to see if it was fully colonized or not, and sure enough it was pretty colonized.. So then, i misted it on the heavy side and then i put the whole flower pot inside of a small rubbermaid container, and stuck it in the closet, because family decided to call and say they are down the street headed to come visit.. so it wasnt till 2 days later when i remembered about the "flowerpot in my back closet, so i checked it yesterday,,and this is what i found.

I will post pictures as they mature.. i thought it was cool that this "recycling substrate" tek ,worked.
So, if you have the time, try it out next time you harvest, and you can have scrap spawn that'll work for indoor or outdoor flower pots.. but, dont forget to keep it well hydrated. :super:

--------------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...

infowars.com  shatterthedarkness.net  stevequayle.com

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smurf Village Flag
Re: recycling your mycelium [Re: kingpsilo281]
    #15152561 - 09/29/11 02:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Cool!

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
Re: recycling your mycelium [Re: Big Pappa]
    #15152581 - 09/29/11 02:06 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

nice one, ill have to try that,

Onlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Re: recycling your mycelium [Re: ant61]
    #15152625 - 09/29/11 02:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation