Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: G77]
    #15174051 - 10/03/11 08:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Y'all are a mess, get it together. :tongue:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jax
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: muistrue]
    #15174070 - 10/03/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Haha. Sure thing "Fractaldust". Sure thing.

--------------------
--

"To live content with small means. To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion. To be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich. To listen to stars and birds and babes and sages with an open heart. To study hard, think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions. Never hurry. In a word, to let the spiritual, the unbidden and the unconscious rise up through the common. This is my symphony." --William Henry Channing

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: muistrue]
    #15174072 - 10/03/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well, FWIW, I plan on buying the site if no one else does.  I already have a complete backup of the forum posts, so, worst case scenario, they end up on the site as an archive, and we get a new, up-to-date, forum to play with.  I would love to get in touch with the current owner though, as he/she/it could really make this easier by contacting dreamhost to transfer ownership so we don't have to rebuild things.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15174101 - 10/03/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

G77 said:I'm not sure how CF backed up the site, nor how available the saved data will be once backed up.

How I backed up the site

It's basically a special web browser with the ability to parse links and download everything.  I opened a second tab in the browser and logged into the site prior to making the backup, so I got all the sub-forums, including the hidden ones.

If anyone currently has the capability to log in and wants to backup certain threads, please feel free to do so.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #15174150 - 10/03/11 09:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

G77 said:
Haha. Sure thing "Fractaldust". Sure thing.

Atta boy, that's what I want to hear.

--------------------

OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: cowfodder]
    #15174160 - 10/03/11 09:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cowfodder said:
Quote:

G77 said:I'm not sure how CF backed up the site, nor how available the saved data will be once backed up.

How I backed up the site

It's basically a special web browser with the ability to parse links and download everything.  I opened a second tab in the browser and logged into the site prior to making the backup, so I got all the sub-forums, including the hidden ones.

If anyone currently has the capability to log in and wants to backup certain threads, please feel free to do so.

Nice. Backing up as we speak.

--------------------
--

"To live content with small means. To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion. To be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich. To listen to stars and birds and babes and sages with an open heart. To study hard, think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions. Never hurry. In a word, to let the spiritual, the unbidden and the unconscious rise up through the common. This is my symphony." --William Henry Channing

Invisiblesandi
omg

Loc: M6 (Butterfly Cluster)
    #15184921 - 10/06/11 03:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is the hosts file trick still working? I can't get it to work - do you need to restart?

Edit: NVM - looks  like it finally started working either through my host file or through the site itself...

--------------------

Edited by sandi (10/06/11 06:01 AM)

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: Kada]
    #15184929 - 10/06/11 04:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I just found an interesting site with my name on it.

http://www.kadasgarden.com/

Not advertising this site btw. Not mine. I have never even shopped there.

Looks like they sell entheogens. :shrug:

You've only just found that site now? I've thought that site was yours for years!

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: Artnotwar] * 1
    #15187081 - 10/06/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (10/24/11 03:49 PM)

OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Re: R.I.P. Entheogen.com [Re: FrenchMachine]
    #15188510 - 10/06/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hear ya French. There are alot of folks who could benefit from your advise no doubt ;-)

However many of us, including friends I have made (and actually still physically hang out with) came from EDOT.

In that vein, it was a healthy hobby for many of us.
Those of us who enjoyed the idea of spending a few minutes each week learning something new about botanical medicine or laughing at a stupid picture or comment, find it about as detrimental as taking up knitting (maybe as pointless, but what crime does that carry?)

I, in my last semester of graduate school and as a new father and husband, have trimmed back the amount of time spent on such forums in general.
However, I'd certainly be disappointed to find these forums erased from the web altogether.

Good thing that really cant happen now, regardless of what happens to the domain name.
The entire site has been mirrored and backup by many already; and if not renewed w/in the next few weeks, is sure to pop up at a new "EDOT" url near you ;-)

--------------------
--

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: R.I.P. Entheogen.com [Re: G77]
    #15193956 - 10/07/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I really appreciate this thread; Will try to backup the "What are you listening to now?" thread. :sunny:

OK; I edited my HOSTS file but still have no access.
Any help?  The file now looks like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

67.205.53.152 entheogen.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a copy of the info up for download on megaupload/rapidshare/fileserve or hotfile sites?

If not; I would love to help to break apart, organize, and upload the info there for all to browse and download freely untill the (new) site is (back) up... PM me if I can help.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (10/08/11 04:13 PM)

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

#15198869 - 10/09/11 02:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

G77 said:

I was really looking forward to delving into your esoteric shenanigans, the UDA threads in particular. I don't believe that thread was the reason for Edot's offline status though...

I don't believe it either, especially with the explanation. I still hope that edot will be publicly accessible, and better: that it will come back. It is a nice community of people having a deep relationship with a wonderful plant. Thanks for letting me know your interest in the UDA thread. We made the 7/8 of the work. People interested can still look at the original paper [url=http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHALAbstract.html  ]here.[/url] But the step 8 has only be explained online on some forum and mailing list, like the everything-list (on this archive for example)

Quote:

G77 said:
We Mods were aware of this situation, and we tried our best to address it. Problem is we don't have contact with any of the first generation owners. In the Mod section, Mingarden and I discussed that the domain was to expire at the end of September, but no one knew who to contact about it.

That should be solvable, by contacting the server owner, buying the site, or creating a new one, with a link or copy of the existing archive. Take it easy, the salvianauts are patient people, normally :smile:

See here for more:
http://www.who.is/whois/entheogen.com/

Quote:

G77 said:
Catfish told me he is unsure of how to move forward at this point as well.

If this becomes a more serious issue, please PM me here with the UDA thread if you have a copy of it.
I'm not sure how CF backed up the site, nor how available the saved data will be once backed up.

I have not yet succeeded, nor really take the time for, downloading the entire many threads (UDA step 0, 1, ... 7). I still hope edot will be resuscitated, if only for keeping in touch with the edot community. Inform us here when you think there is no more hope edot can come back. Thanks.

OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: salvialover24]
    #15198875 - 10/09/11 03:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Many of us have entire backups of the site now, salvialover24.
We are in the works of purchasing a new domain, possibly entheogen2.com
We dont want to do that until we are sure the owner wont just pop out of nowhere to renew, thus negating all money and time spent on our part.

If any of you have suggestions, use the ixtli method to access the site, and post your ideas in the thread titled "Ghost Town".

flickedbic, try adding www in front of entheogen.com
Mine says:

67.205.53.152 www.entheogen.com

Hope to see you there.

--------------------
--

Edited by G77 (10/09/11 03:13 AM)

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15199368 - 10/09/11 08:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

G77 said:
Many of us have entire backups of the site now, salvialover24.
We are in the works of purchasing a new domain, possibly entheogen2.com
We dont want to do that until we are sure the owner wont just pop out of nowhere to renew, thus negating all money and time spent on our part.

If any of you have suggestions, use the ixtli method to access the site, and post your ideas in the thread titled "Ghost Town".

flickedbic, try adding www in front of entheogen.com
Mine says:

67.205.53.152 www.entheogen.com

Hope to see you there.

Well, I kind of took it upon myself to get the ball rolling on this, and I decided that entheogen2.com was awful.  I instead registered the slightly less awful entheogen-network.com, and I am in the process of getting things setup there.  It might take a few days to migrate everything, but we should have a new, working forum soon, and when edot does become available again, it could just be purchased and added to my current hosting.  As soon as things start coming online I'll let everyone know.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15199722 - 10/09/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's rough, it's ugly, and I don't have the old posts transferred over to an archive yet, but I do have a new forum up, and I invite everyone here to register at The eNet Forums.  This will be the new edot, at least until I can get the old edot, if possible.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Offlinethetripscaptain
Stranger
    #15199937 - 10/09/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

For the small % of you guys who may know who I am (Koda is the only one I recognize off top), I am an Admin of a kratom related forum (not the big one).  We had something like this happen before, couple years ago, the guy running our forum for us was running bullshit behind our backs, I won't go into it but of course he refused to transfer ownership so we had to start over on a new URL with an empty board.

Now, this board was like 2 years old tops and was nowhere near the size and value of EDOT as far as the amount of info, but we sucked it up and rebuilt, and now we are as good as ever.  So there is hope.  Hell, I spent hours manually copying posts of high importance and even re-wrote a few from scratch.  I'd be willing to spend some time volunteering at the new EDOT, as I have Admin/Mod experience.  But don't get me wrong I'm not asking for Admin/Mod permissions, just lettin ya know that I'm available to help if needed.

A forum, after all, isn't a website - it's a community.  It's a group of people who share an interest.  Even if the website crashes, the community lives.  They just need a new meeting place.

Peace.  trips

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: thetripscaptain]
    #15200166 - 10/09/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thetripscaptain said:
For the small % of you guys who may know who I am (Koda is the only one I recognize off top), I am an Admin of a kratom related forum (not the big one).  We had something like this happen before, couple years ago, the guy running our forum for us was running bullshit behind our backs, I won't go into it but of course he refused to transfer ownership so we had to start over on a new URL with an empty board.

Now, this board was like 2 years old tops and was nowhere near the size and value of EDOT as far as the amount of info, but we sucked it up and rebuilt, and now we are as good as ever.  So there is hope.  Hell, I spent hours manually copying posts of high importance and even re-wrote a few from scratch.  I'd be willing to spend some time volunteering at the new EDOT, as I have Admin/Mod experience.  But don't get me wrong I'm not asking for Admin/Mod permissions, just lettin ya know that I'm available to help if needed.

A forum, after all, isn't a website - it's a community.  It's a group of people who share an interest.  Even if the website crashes, the community lives.  They just need a new meeting place.

Peace.  trips

Trips, thank you!  I'm still getting things setup right now, and I'm uploading the backup copy of edot to the server so I can see what I can do from there.  Once I get that done I may hit you up for some help.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15202251 - 10/09/11 08:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, somehow I messed up the mysql database for the site, so I'm waiting on a support ticket to get it fixed.  Stay tuned.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Offline420pium
Stranger

#15203557 - 10/10/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cowfodder thank you for what you are doing. I hope everything works out.

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: 420pium]
    #15205525 - 10/10/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, so good news is that the site is back up.  Bad news is that the sql database was completely borked, so I lost all the posts and registered users.  Good news again is that there were only about a dozen registered users, and less than 15 posts, so we didn't lose much.  See you all there, and thanks again to The Shroomery for letting us use this board to keep people informed.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules