Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

Tripping after meditating
    #15148430 - 09/28/11 07:19 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So. Last night, I went out to the water and sat for a bit to enjoy some fresh air. I got REAL COMFORTABLE (for some reason) on the park bench. I decided to just close my eyes and meditate. I counted my breath from 1-10 and back. I kept doing this for a couple of minutes. I never felt so relaxed. I could hear every sound; even space itself had a silent sound to it (I know that doesn't make sense but I'm sure some of you know what the hell I'm talking about).

Anyways, after I felt like it was time to go, I opened my eyes, leaned forward and put my palms over my eyes. I was seeing CEV's! They weren't as complex as you would see in a DMT/LSD/Psilocybin trip but they were pretty close. White flashes, soft geometric patterns were oscillating behind my eyelids. It lasted for about a minute before I just got bored and decided to walk up and leave.

I've never experienced this before my DMT/Resin breakthrough. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing during/after meditation. I'm not worried or anything. On the contrary, I think it's pretty cool. If it turns out that all I need is to meditate to start tripping, then that's a hell of a convenience for me! Just asking for some elaboration....

TO MODERATORS: I didn't know where exactly to post this. I feel this could just as easily be posted in the "Physical and Mental Well-Being" section as it could here. If you feel the other section is more appropriate, then please feel free to move this thread. Not that you needed my permission but I prefer things in their places.

--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMas505
I dont do drugs I am drugs -Dali
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Duke
Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: XeR0]
    #15148453 - 09/28/11 07:24 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have this same thing often. After meditation or sometimes even just during random points in my day. I can close my eyes and pay attention to the static behind my eyelids and it turns into geometric shapes or DMT like patterns pretty often. It seems to do it even more when i am tired, last night for example they were stronger than they had been in a while when it started getting late.

I think it has something to do with your brain trying to recognize distance and orientation patterns when your eyes are closed. It might also have to do with a good imagination! :rockon:

--------------------

Live Light Laugh

Yeah, everything I wrote is false and fiction.

Offlinemundane
Comfy in Nautica

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: Mas505]
    #15148835 - 09/28/11 08:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed some CEVs when meditating.  I've never had them be very strong, but the blackness behind my closed eyes has definitely before more geometric and colorful than it was before.

--------------------
:mushroom2: Tips for a good trip :mushroom2:

drink me

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: mundane]
    #15149064 - 09/28/11 09:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have open eye visuals and closed eye visuals all the time... if I focus on it I can get some pretty extreme open eye visuals stone sober.

I've tripped a lot in the past few months, and while the rest of my brain still functions properly, my vision is straight fucked and is literally covered with geometric patterns 24/7.

It doesn't bother me, but this could be the sign of things to come if you continue using frequently/heavily. Like I said, it really doesn't bother me at all and I don't want to turn this into an hppd thread or anything... but you have the right to know this could continue to worsen if you're prone to it, for better or worse.

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: XeR0]
    #15149096 - 09/28/11 09:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

lately i have had cov's at random , its very cool and strange.
they dont compare to the machine fractals that are possible with psilocybin.

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

OfflineScarab74
Warminatrix
Female

Loc: Conchs & Coconuts, USA Flag
Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: Subconscious]
    #15149113 - 09/28/11 09:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I thought I was crazy to think I have frequent OEV stone-cold sober, and my last dose was in March.  Somehow I discredited the OEV as "hallucinations" from my imagination, if that makes any sense.

I agree . . . I'm not bothered by it.  I think I've simply gottent used to it.

Hmmmmmm . . .

--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

OfflineHygrocybe
Walkin Wonderland
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: Scarab74]
    #15149316 - 09/28/11 10:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The strongest CEVs I've ever had were in trance while waking from sleep. You can do amazing things with body awareness and relaxation. The waking state is a trip, created by your senses, culture, and other influences. Another way to look at it is that your consciousness is simultaneously in all possible states, and the ones that enter awareness are simply those that are strongest. By tripping, meditating, or whatever you do, you are weakening the habitual states and opening yourself to others.

OfflineDrugs
Stranger

Re: Tripping after meditating [Re: Hygrocybe]
    #15151998 - 09/29/11 11:55 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You just inspired me to do some meditating for the heck of it, only did it for 5 minutes and I feel 10 times better than I did beforehand. Although I got this strange sensation on my chest as if it was being pressed on harder and harder the more I meditated. Either way it was still a very relaxing and rejuvenating experience. I wanna try meditating after dosing or eating some caps, and see how it effects my trip on the ride up

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience