Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
HOW WE SHOULD LIVE LIFE: Ants V.S. Lions V.S. Leeches.
    #1512911 - 05/01/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, this topic is basiccly all metaphores, using a lion, and ant, and a leech to compare how people live their lives and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each, and what one is best. so don't say stupid things like "your not a lion dumb fuxck!!11 har har!11" or whatever. Ok now to get to it.

People always have diffrent things about how we should live our lives, with the fable about the grasshopper and the ant, where the grass hopper freezes in the winter because it wasted time while the ant prepared and lived thru the winter, and other things of that sort. However I think inorder to know how to live our lives we must not look at stories, but how it plays out in real life. In order for me to continue I must first define how each animal lives (and how it relates to us)

Ant: Always busy, never stops moving, just working all day, as much as it can for the society and then it just dies, never any fun and just an insignifigant part of a much larger system. On the plus side, the billions of members create some great things. Alot of people live like this, infact I would say most people live like this. Even tho people do take breaks from work, or even hardly work at all they are still like an ant. They constantly keep their mind on SOMETHING, a TV show, getting to the store, cleaning, cooking, finding and doing drugs, or whatever, if they can't find anything to do, then they just keep looking for something. They just keep their mind on something other then themselves and how they feel inside.

Lions: if you have ever watched the discovery channel you have figured out the general life of a Lion (or other big cat) they live in smaller groups, and they get work done, they will hunt when they need it. But Lions, unlike ants will sit there and lounge, and seemingly just enjoy "being there" Few people act like this in reality, but thoes that do think about life alot, and arn't afraid to just sit and think and have nothing to do (and enjoy it!) they often have great phillosophies about life. And since they know to work when they need to they can create great societies as well (just look at Athens in ancient Greece!) People like this contribute to society, not only by making things, but comming up with some great ideas.

Leeches: A Leech, finds a host and sucks it dry. This is your common hippy, sits around all day, amounts to nothing, and just takes from others to get by, these people also never think about anything (like an ant) and just look for the next person to get something from, and they do this all day.

I think it is obvious by now that I think living like a Lion is how we should live, but I will explain in greater detail.

The ant people are generally unhappy, so they occupy themselves with things so they don't have to think about it. Ever read the book Farinhite 451? or see the movie Equallibrium? its like that (but without the everyone must be equal part, and more "I have to be best") Alot of these people become rich, or wealthy, but they are working to hard to enjoy it anyway.

The Leech might be happy for a little bit, but once their sources run out, then life gets real shitty once they either have to take a crappy job and live like an ant, or become a bum, and be begging on the street.

The majority of people I have met seem to be one of these two things, I have heard (but I have no source to back me up) that 4 out of 5 people in america are unhappy, we are the richest country in the world, and along with european countries, and rich asian countries (Japan) have the least poverty, this is the best it gets and 4 out of 5 people are unhappy. why? In Japan where work is rigorus and hard, from grade school up until retierment people work harder then americans ever would, There are more Ants (people) there. Japan also has a much higher suicide rate then our countries. My idea would explain why perfectly.

Thanks for reading, I hope this isnt to bizzare for everyone to understand, give me your ideas.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: HOW WE SHOULD LIVE LIFE: Ants V.S. Lions V.S. Leeches. [Re: Sombie]
    #1513455 - 05/01/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Leeches! yay... lets suck everything dead... no lol. not that. i dont know. im only going to cast the three party system cause my mind doesnt like to work with categories. i would have to say an ant lion hybrid. lions only work if needed, but the ant stresses discipline. cause the male lions can be lazy as fuck and make the women do everything. and i hear they even eat their cubs sometimes  :crazy: . so i would think you know like an ant type mentatilty. doing for the greater good of the planet or in the ants case the colony. i think the ant realizes a basic function of all survival. if you abandon your duties, you sacrifice the safety of your colony. if you sacrifice the safety of the colony, you sacrifice the safety of your own life. to have a colony is the only way to keep a species together, and to keep going. notice the ungodly number of ants we have on the planet. although im not going to work for a system, like im a subserveant worker drone, i think it is my duty to the species to keep with the supreme system. the one system that will insure the survival of our race on this planet. which now i think is harmony. and i will try to do the most i can. although the conditions of the status quo, i like to sometiems be lazy like a lion, and only need to do when im called to. but functionally, i am a constant ant. while im also like a lion. i stay away from the leeches, remind me of zombies. dead taking the life from the living. they need to get the blade. and these leeches done heal when you have festering wounds do they?

--------------------
What?

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: HOW WE SHOULD LIVE LIFE: Ants V.S. Lions V.S. Leeches. [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1514801 - 05/02/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I enjoyed the read and the analogies...thoughts are on the right track indeed...just thinking about how to live life is a huge step where you will find your problems is with a so called end or death. looking beyond life is where we truly succeed as a people. Working for the greater good always will bring peace and prosperity to all and ego/selfishness only gets us so far. Indeed this is taught to us and bred into us but we have a sort of free will and can change what we decide to change when we decide to change it.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1514866 - 05/02/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well I have an insight that might slightly change your view of ants.

Ants like pot! Last week i was out in the woods and found this ant colony in and around this ancient alligator juniper tree. I lit up a joint and i was blowing smoke on the ants as they walked across this fallen tree. It sortof disoriented them and they would walk around in circles for a minute. And the trace resin left by my hits maintained this effect for a while.

Then i ashed my joint on a part of a log above where the ants were scurrying. Well, they climbed up to it to investigate. The first ones that got there instantly grabbed the unburned stuff that had fallen out of my joint and carried it away. Then a few more came and approached the still smoking burned bit. I watched as they faced up to it then kinda twitched a little and slowly backed away. Some of them just started wandering around. The 'straight' ants felt it wasn't for them and fell back in with the rest. One ant in particular just started chillin next to it. He wasn' dead or burned because he would crawl over to anoher ant every once in a awhile. Some of the ants kept coming back for more hits and some were battling with each other right next to the reefer.

So of course this exper0iment doesn't neesarrily dispute your take on ants. But it does show that ants are capable of a "paradigm shift", even if only temporary and isolated.

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: HOW WE SHOULD LIVE LIFE: Ants V.S. Lions V.S. Leeches. [Re: Viveka]
    #1514885 - 05/02/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats hilarious that just because ants pick up ash and run in circles because you blew on them they were automatically experiencing a "paradigm shift" lol i understand where you are coming from but theres a multitude of other reasons for their behavior change...

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: HOW WE SHOULD LIVE LIFE: Ants V.S. Lions V.S. Leeches. [Re: You_are_God]
    #1518115 - 05/03/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, what i meant to say was...those ants were stoned, dude!

And they didn't pick up the ash, they left it sitting there. They did, however, pick up the unburnt stuff and carry it right off.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

#1518158 - 05/03/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

As funny as it is that anys got stoned, ants eat the mold that grows on leaves, im sure it would grow on pot to, they were taking it for food I am sure.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1518396 - 05/03/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Nahah, dude. They were taking it back to smoke out the queen and shit.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

#1518422 - 05/03/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

fuck the queen, I bet they were taking it back to their house, before anyone else noticed that it was there.

--------------------

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1518600 - 05/03/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ants play games.. at least, they roll little sand balls around with their buddies for no particular reason. Some might say "that's not playing, that's just misdirected workers training or something" but then, I'd say "that's what playing is: training for real life. Like when my bro and I played in our sandbox and created cities and then flooded them and killed all the non-existent inhabitants."

I know this guy who is a combination of them all. Like a lion, he sits around a lot doing nothing. Then, he stayed at this guy's house who's nice to local street bums and wandering hippies to have them stay at his place. He became a leech when he stole the guy's bag of weed, and then became an ant when he distributed it to people for free and smoked some himself and smoked it with other people (just like ants regurgitating food into eachother's mouths). He claimed that he "shared it with the universe."

When his host told him to get the fuck outta here, the guy was like "all right, I'll leave. Can I just get my stuff please?" and the host said "nah, I'm sharing it with the universe, take off."

The guy who told me this story today said one time he saw the bum (the bum's name is "dream weaver") in Calgary one summer (far from his usual nesting ground.. maybe part of his migratory route). My friend yells the guy's name "DREAM WEAVER!!" and then runs away and hides and watches the guy look around trying to find the source of the call. Funny stuff. He prolly thought it was God. Or maybe it was "the universe" asking for some weed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds