Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period.
    #15147052 - 09/28/11 03:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The federal government, notably under the current administration, continues to paint itself into a corner politically speaking regarding Mr. Obama’s pre-election promises to ‘fix the problem with medical marijuana’.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) issued a memorandum on September 21 to all gun dealers in the United States for the expressed purpose of informing them that they MUST discriminate against lawful medical cannabis patients and DENY them their Second Amendment right to buy and possess a firearm for hunting and/or personal protection.

The feds newest ‘clarifying’ memo regarding medical cannabis (proceeding the 2009 Ogden and 2011 Cole memos) is notable because members of NORML’s Legal Committee recently have been successfully challenging local and state law enforcement officials who’ve chosen to discriminate against lawful medical cannabis patients by denying them permits for a concealed weapon.

Why is it OK and does it make any sense at all for lawful medical patients who are prescribed powerful painkillers and sedatives to be able to enjoy their Second Amendment rights and responsibilities, but medical cannabis patients who want to hunt or have self-protection in their homes are overtly discriminated against by our own federal government?

This new ATF memo will provide an interesting test to see if the National Rifle Association really does support citizens’ rights to bear arms.

http://blog.norml.org/2011/09/28/feds-to-legal-medical-marijuana-patients-you-dont-have-second-amendment-rights-period/

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineReturn II Space
High Inquisitor
 User Gallery

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: skatealex2]
    #15147114 - 09/28/11 03:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Because marijuana makes you crazy, didn't you see Reefer Madness? :rolleyes:

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Return II Space] * 1
    #15147120 - 09/28/11 03:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

No....this is about butt hurt federal establishments getting angry that Marijuana is making progress.

Let the kids throw a bitch fit, who needs guns anyway :shrug:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Almond Flour]
    #15147298 - 09/28/11 04:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Somebody please arrest and imprison these federal fucks for life for infringing upon our constitutionally protected rights. They are a threat to our liberties and it is our duty to prosecute them for being so. It is plainly obvious that they are trying to take this ability away from the only people willing to challenge them.

Please wake up America...

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Almond Flour] * 1
    #15147301 - 09/28/11 04:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ethnobotanical said:
No....this is about butt hurt federal establishments getting angry that Marijuana is making progress.

That.

Quote:

Let the kids throw a bitch fit, who needs guns anyway

We all do.

The right to own a gun is far more important than the right to light up. You can't defend your self by throwing a joint or a pipe at someone. Unless it's a really big pipe.

Note to the clueless. All rights are important. But... perspective people.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Almond Flour]
    #15147454 - 09/28/11 04:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ethnobotanical said:

:werd:

--------------------

Invisibledrjustice
God-like
Male

Loc: NH Flag
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #15147599 - 09/28/11 05:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

If we let them get away with this it won't be much longer until we all lose our 2nd ammendment rights... and then 1st, then 3rd, then 4th etc.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: drjustice]
    #15147698 - 09/28/11 05:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drjustice said:
If we let them get away with this it won't be much longer until we all lose our 2nd ammendment rights... and then 1st, then 3rd, then 4th etc.

True :strokebeard:

Gotta say though, free speech is probably the most important right we have. As long as we dont lose that, all is not lost!

Still the death of one right I dont agree with is one step closer to taking away one I do :eek:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Invisibledrjustice
God-like
Male

Loc: NH Flag
    #15147711 - 09/28/11 05:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Oh so you don't believe in the right to defend yourself from attackers? The shady people who ruin it for everyone are the ones who'll have them whether or not they're legal.

Offlinegnarfbuckle
Above The Ignorance
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: drjustice]
    #15147782 - 09/28/11 05:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It also says you cant hunt with guns.... not all gun owners have it for protection ya know...

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: gnarfbuckle]
    #15147831 - 09/28/11 05:45 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, this has to be one of the shittiest things I've seen the Obama administration do in direct violation of constitutional rights.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: 5HTSynaptrip] * 1
    #15148086 - 09/28/11 06:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yet people can still go to the liquor store after owning a gun. Ridiculous.

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery
Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #15148138 - 09/28/11 06:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You know what I would love? A massive military mutiny against our government. We swore an oath to protect the constitutional rights against any force, foreign or DOMESTIC.

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: PatrickKn]
    #15148150 - 09/28/11 06:52 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

We have the ability to change the constitution so there's no excuse for making laws that violate it. I don't know why judges have allowed lawmakers to avoid that process. If you can't get the higher majority requirement to pass a constitutional amendment then it's obvious people support the rights over the laws. Then consider that this isn't even a law, it's just a group of people without the proper authority to even make laws taking away rights. WTF!?

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Kizzle]
    #15148244 - 09/28/11 07:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

People need to start growing what they want, smoke what they want, and carry guns if they want, without a care for the laws. Only then will there be a change i think. If they get caught, they do their time, get out, and do it all over again. it seems like the only way to go about this. As long you aren't selling your grows, guns, etc. I think there could be much success if many people joined in on such a strike.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#15148595 - 09/28/11 07:54 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ethnobotanical said:
Let the kids throw a bitch fit, who needs guns anyway :shrug:

For protection and hunting are 2 very valid reasons in my opinion.

People who need guns are usually people dependent on themselves.

Nothing like hunting your own animal and keeping yourself fed for a good part of the winter, and nothing like knowing you can defend yourself is a situation arises.

Or you could buy food and call the cops (who will come with guns) when a problem arises.

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: Subconscious]
    #15148645 - 09/28/11 08:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Since when do the feds ever abide by the "laws"

read the other news story about giving people herb for years as part of an exclusive exception program. they are always pooping out of their mouths

InvisibleSacredPredictions
Stranger

#15148703 - 09/28/11 08:14 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ethnobotanical said:
Quote:

drjustice said:

True :strokebeard:

Gotta say though, free speech is probably the most important right we have. As long as we dont lose that, all is not lost!

Still the death of one right I dont agree with is one step closer to taking away one I do :eek:

Couldn't agree more with that one. This is some fucked up shit

--------------------
Kapasuia erona dourole moire
Sopianova poviencenna

InvisibleSacredPredictions
Stranger

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: SacredPredictions]
    #15148737 - 09/28/11 08:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What about MMJ patients who already had a registered weapon before this memo was issued? Are they now in violation of this law?

--------------------
Kapasuia erona dourole moire
Sopianova poviencenna

InvisibleHobbyist
Citizen

Re: Feds To Legal Medical Marijuana Patients: You Don’t Have Second Amendment Rights. Period. [Re: SacredPredictions]
    #15149122 - 09/28/11 09:37 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Two things:

1st: If they make owning guns a crime, the only people who sill have guns are criminals, many of them violent ones.

2nd: They are already trying to(if they haven't already) taken away the right to freedom of speech in certain Ultra Violent video games (and that's just a start).  That didn't get that much press...  i wonder why.. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Everything i say is completely hypothetical...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service