Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: DailyPot]
    #1509954 - 05/01/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i've never felt uncomfortable on salvia or afterwards. A little strange, but that's to be expected. Once i did it in my backyard around mid day and after going to a strange cartoon world where the puffs of smoke i let out became swinging wooden faces i got up and felt a sense of joy comparible only to what you feel on mushrooms(not saying the trips are anything alike, but the joy i felt is something i've only experienced on mushrooms any other time) and started hugging all the tree's in the yard and telling them how much i love them. I had to rational thought going throuhg my head as to why i should be doing this, it was just like instinct, it was what needed to be done. And i then realized all plants are as alive and consciouss as you and me. I'm just glad i was'nt in the front yard, the neighbors would have shit themselves. Certainly not what happens with any type of "negative drug" is it?

No i've never read the book, but it sounds cool. is it fiction or a true story?

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: thestringphish]
    #1510252 - 05/01/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My salvia experiences have kind of transcended negative and positive.. its WILDLY neutral (addition:) for me

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/01/03 01:56 AM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1510479 - 05/01/03 04:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can relate to that. When I'm tripping hard on Salvia there doesn't seem to be a positive or a negative. The whole idea of positive negative just doesn't exist anymore.
When I come out of it I usually feel very good, but the whole trip seems to get locked away in a part of my brain that I can't acces when I'm sober. I can recall the theme of the trip and a bit of the feeling. But I can never really remember the trip. That is untill I do salvia again, and then in the beginning I'm like; "now I remember how it was". Then after that feeling I usually experience a whole new trip that's not much like previous trips.
I've never had a bad trip yet, but I believe it could be possible on higher doses. I've seen a friend have one.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1513626 - 05/02/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i know what you mean, my breakthrough experience with salvia was my second attempt at smoking it, and after a few hits i saw an old indian woman in the corner of my room telling my to put the pipe down, and now whenever i trip, i always seem to tell myself "she's here" as soon as it comes on. I havent seen her since that first trip, but it's that "now I remember how it was" reaction that makes me do it i guess. Feels like i've been there before and am returning after being gone for so long. Or something like that.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1516619 - 05/03/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol you bring up a great point....

for me, whenever I take salvia or a psychedelic (I just FINALLY noticed this last trip), I'll realize something really awesome, think about writing it down or drawing something to remind me, then I'll think "you can remember this man.. no need to write it down or start ranting and raving." For some reason every time I've fooled myself into believing that I'll be able to remember certain things that I totally can't remember after the trip..

I don't think I could write on a hefty dose of salvia extract, but I'm going to possibly have a pad and pen or a tape-recorder handy for my next shroom trip, and try to focus on at least getting down some keywords of some of the stuff..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (05/03/03 01:07 AM)

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1516845 - 05/03/03 02:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

every time i have tried to write stuff down while tripping the words are all over the page, and while i have putt down some incredible stuff that i otherwise would have lost, it totally takes away from the experience in general. it is complete insanity to try to convey information onto a piece of paper while it is being conveyed to you. You just cant keep up with the rate of thought.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: DailyPot]
    #1524067 - 05/06/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

salvia threw me into a dream world in which i felt i had a mission to hold it in (my breath from the last hit of the bong) and the longer i held it it, the higher up through this giant tube i kept going, flying higher and higher, past all of the rings of people throughout the tube that were waiting to catch me if i failed. as i let out my breath i was at the top with someone who put their arm around me and laughed with me at the people in the tube who couldnt get me! i came out of the experience laughing harder than i ever have, only to find that i had poured bong water in my shoe and was dribbling all over myself....was definatly worth it though!! (and this wasnt even extract!! i had about 8 hits, holding each in for about 20 seconds, blowing out, hitting again, not breathing in between)

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1525073 - 05/06/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Let me focus on one aspect of my few experiences... GRAVITY! I was standing on my lawn and felt an incredible pull from this one particular bush. I couldn't stand still. I kept losing my balance and falling horizontally towards the bush. It was quite cool.

My friend said my head turned into one of those lego guy's heads.

Peace

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offline3MJ3
i&I
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: Great Scott]
    #1525483 - 05/06/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All I can say is that salvia is an entity to me. And it does not like any of the modern technocratic world we have formed. You have to take it back to the essence, back to nature.

The times I was under a really heavy influence of salvia I was outside, and it was almost as if the trees were alive, and a feeling of the presence of metaphysical conscious beings were also with me. But I just felt neutral about the whole thing.

'thestringphish', what you are describing is nothing new, and I am glad more people have similair feelings about our modern society. I also have entertained this idea seriously in my head. Buddhists and taoists have been doing this for centuries to escape the corrupt desires of our modern society today. Many philosophers aswell. Lao Tzu a famous Chinese taoist priest/philosopher described it as the only way to 'get back to the essence' the eternal consciousness that just is, by connecting with nature. I've always wanted to walk on foot around Mexico or Cambodia and meet spiritual people in the smaller villages to connect with and expand my consciousness, surviving on my own all the while.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1526698 - 05/07/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah I've gotten some strange gravitational/pressurized effects

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (05/07/03 01:43 AM)

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1527578 - 05/07/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

My friend said my head turned into one of those lego guy's heads.

HAHAHAHAHA. I have a friend who said not only that about everyone in the room, but everything else also appeared to be made of legos.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1527950 - 05/07/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's funny you should mention LEGO's ... I have a friend that smoked some over here yesterday and said that it was like everything was made out of lego's.  He said he was going through a tunnel and the walls and everything was made from lego's.  :wink:

I've personally had one trip that was like looking at reality from the outside and it was made up of little pieces but it was like a giant round rubiks cube looking ball thing!    :shocked:  Very trippy stuff!

Peace,
-TekNut- 

Edited by TekNut (05/07/03 04:28 PM)

Offlinematt_visionary
Stranger
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: TekNut]
    #1530111 - 05/08/03 06:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, figured ill post my Salvia experience here.
Iv done it plenty of times (like 6-7) but this is the experience that sticks out the most:

Me and my flat mate/trip mate had purchased one vial of leafs and one vial with 1 gram of the 10x extract. This is about the 3rd time we smoke Salvia. As usual we start by smoking the leaves until they are out, passing the bong between us taking a bowl each. I dont know if this works properly but in OUR experience it seems to be necessary to smoke the leaves for a bit first to sort of build up the Salvitorin in your body.

Anyway, its time to smoke the extract, we had decided to try a new thing this time where we would one at a time smoke the Salvia in our bedroom with complete silence and darkness.

We go into the bedroom and i load up a bowl, my trip mate sits ready to catch the bong when i pass out.

I take a deep hit (almost the entire bowl) and hold it down for about 10 seconds. Slowly exhale and as i exhale i can feel myself getting sort pressed down into the bed, my head just begins falling backwards like if an enourmous power pushes it down.
My friend at this stage leaves the room, but i get stuck in a sort of room where i over and over see him taking the bowl and backing towards the door, i see this atleast 3 or 4 times and i remember trying to speak to him but its like my vocal chords have become completely paralyzed. The last 'normal' thought passing through my mind is: Oh my god this is to strong, to strong and this is the message i try to convey to my friend (who isnt even in the room anymore). Suddenly my friend is replaced by my dad (in the exact same position and movement though) and i suddenly notice that i am in my child hood room in Sweden, not in this shitty apartment in Dublin anymore.
]I see my dad standing by the door and saying "sleep well" before leaving and closing the door.

Once the door closes i realize im floating freely in a completely pitch black space. There is nothing under me (i felt with my hands but there was nothing there) im not sitting anymore, im floating...
At this stage i completely panic and with a final conscious thought i throw myself towards the door and manage to open it up and let in light, and as most people who have tried Salvia knows, any sort of change in the environment (light change, music change, change of position etc) will sort of "break the magic spell" and i begin snapping out of it. My friend comes to the door and im standing on my knees infront of him and when looking on him ... He is looking completely normal and solid, but the scary thing is that the things AROUND him is just ... i cant describe it ... Its like the entire physical reality, the door frame, the wall behind him etc is transformed into an animated fractal pattern, its spinning and jumping and zooming in and out and i just stand there looking withotu saying a word for about 5 minutes before these INTENSE hallucinations begin to withdraw...

It was an extremely extremely intense experience and i only wish i would have had the guts to go with the flow all the way through ....

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: matt_visionary]
    #1531105 - 05/08/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Matt, that's a very good description of coming on to Salvia. I don't think I've tripped quite that hard. I've never experienced anything like past lives or past current life, but I've had incredible visuals and feelings of existing outside myself (one trip I was part of a paper strawberry container one moment and the tailgate of an old pickup the next). The part about experiencing a brief moment repeatedly really struck me as very familiar. Almost a momentary skipping record experience. On good doses, I am usually aware of a feminine presence.

For people having trouble breaking through, try to anticipate the trip, relax, and more than just letting it happen, focus on the effects and try to encourage or welcome the trip. There is nothing to fear, just lay back and enjoy the journey. Fighting it will to some extent lessen the trip's intensity, but it will also create/increase the anxiety and cause lingering bad feelings afterwards.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract