Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Reality Tunnels
    #15133225 - 09/25/11 06:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Uh oh this is a long one:

Timothy Leary referred to “reality tunnels” as basically our individual subjective viewpoints.  I think his visualization for the term might have been similar to mine, but I don’t like the way he describes it exactly.  I see a reality tunnel as an ego trip, a journey of the individual into some exterior manifestation.  There are many kinds of reality tunnels…anything being done anywhere is contributing to one.  We’re all in some common ones, and some unique ones.  If you live in America, you are automatically a certain distance into several shared tunnels. As the longstanding fore-runner of “western civilization” in terms of military might, America has been brought down into many tunnels, on a large scale with our intense capitalist competition, and on a smaller scale, such as the unique psychological effects of this competition. Britain, as the former forerunner (I think that makes sense?), has been developing many of its own tunnels for a while as well.  I see many shared characteristics between them, such as their huge cultural achievements.

Both nations have really talented musicians and it does seem as though many of the best “popular music” artists come from these nations.  Though that trend could be ending now, for all we know. But anyways, tunnels like those found in popular music are perfect examples of reality tunnels in today’s day and age. They are found in societies on a cultural edge of the world, and represent a highly popular aspect of that edge. As such, the work of musicians is amongst the “deepest” reality tunnels in the world today.

So, what does a reality tunnel look like? That is a difficult question to answer, because of what goes into forming them.  On the one hand they involve delving deeper into some external structure, which is basically a power structure.  Music has a power structure all its own.  Besides the obvious mainstream music industry, there are even smaller independent power structures (the aptly named Pitchfork comes to mind as a very powerful indie blog/website). Memes like “nice guys finish last,” and “time is money,” come from the fact that all exterior worldly activity is, especially once it advances in our society, based in power. 

Now, there is another side of the coin. In addition to the exterior tunneling, a reality tunnel also by definition involves a tunneling into your own self, into “the heart.”  This is where love comes from…turns out you are love once you look clearly enough. The self can’t really have an image to it, though. Any image you have in your head is appearing within awareness, within yourself. So obviously that’s not it.  And yet here the self is, within me and without me.

This ocean of love you’re sitting just outside of will have to be accessed if you’re going to tunnel really deeply into external reality.  Luckily for most people, there are plenty of seemingly external sources of love in the world.  Sex for instance is a great way to make love. Drugs do it too! Personally I think psychedelics are better at giving real love instead of what is more like just power (I’m lookin at you, adderal). But whatever floats your boat.

Many people get along this way, relying mainly on sex and chemicals to propel themselves through life.  For many, it works just fine for a time.  However, oftentimes you will come upon a barrier when trying to tunnel through reality. Sometimes they are “out there” in the physical world, but often times they are mental concepts in our own heads.  If there in a mental barrier that you are consciously or subconsciously putting up to going deeper in external reality, then in my experience receiving love from a physical source is much less likely to remove it.  Of course, there’s always exceptions to the rule.

Naturally, the most efficient way to receive love from your own self is to concentrate on one’s self and simply reside as the self. This is done by utilizing the thought “I am,” for me anyways.  If you have a mental barrier, this is oftentimes gonna be the only way to bring it into view so that you can take it on.  It’s known as “soul searching” by many.  So, in the end, you can only go as deeply into the external world as you have gone into your own self.

Some people are born with more peaceful dispositions and for them it might not be necessary to consciously attempt at turning inwards.  Oftentimes these people will receive love from the self spontaneously, without attempting to receive it.  Some of us had to learn of the spiritual pursuit through intellectual means, and as such usually go within ourselves due to a conscious decision that we might even perceive as arising from the ego.  Of course, the self capitulates to the forefront of perception through a totally internal movement, so to take an egoic credit for such a movement is nonsense.

Basically, there’s lots of ways to receive the love necessary to go on in life, but first and foremost it comes from within, even if an external key was needed to turn your lock.  So our journey outwards is a journey inwards as well.  Some people don’t ever need to realize intellectually all this business about the self and the heart, not to mention God and Jesus and all the esoteric religious awesomeness.  So they can’t really report on their looking inwards and knowing themselves.  And they certainly don’t think of themselves as “enlightened.”  Some people are a little too intellectually aware of this process.  Either way is fine though, assuming it leads towards the self. Any reality tunnel moving away from the self is said to be heading towards “outer darkness.” Scary.

TLDR: you have to look within if you are to find the energy to go on in life, unless your mind is pure enough from birth so that you never need to consciously delve into your own soul and are just open to love. But for many of us we haven't been open our whole lives and need to forget how to be closed.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Reality Tunnels [Re: g00ru]
    #15133521 - 09/25/11 08:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

woah...:gethigh:

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#15133597 - 09/25/11 08:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Makes sense to me, it just not a very easy business--this soul searching you refer to.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #15133617 - 09/25/11 08:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Any reality tunnel moving away from the self is said to be heading towards “outer darkness.” Scary.

Good read. But isn't the journey outward the journey inward? The microcosm is the macrocosm in the external reality. The scary part I think is shedding the little self for the greater self. I think this is what you are saying. :cool:

Most people do not realize they are in a reality tunnel. They believe their culture has some objectivity and often dismiss other points of view. I think what you are pointing to is a big leap in understanding and growth.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Reality Tunnels [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #15134044 - 09/25/11 09:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah that's what I was sayin. People want to keep their structures in place, to stay inside the boundaries society has given them. 

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
Makes sense to me, it just not a very easy business--this soul searching you refer to.

Well, it's not exactly hard either. Your fundamental being is right here right now, all you have to do is concentrate on it.  If you have a question about your identity or about your life, and go in with that intent, I think you'll get some sort of answer every time.  Though it might not be what you want to learn.

oh ya thx for reading! :pipesmoke:

--------------------
check out my music!

Edited by g00ru (09/25/11 11:16 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism