Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSabbathSmoker
MetalGod
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Sobriety Is Hell
    #1512973 - 05/01/03 10:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, I've been smoking weed for about 2 years (jan/feb of 2001), and with my upcoming 16th birthday, I anticipated getting a job with a piss test. So before new years 2003, I said I would quit tokin up on Jan 1st and remain sober until after I get a job. Well, sobriety is hard, so I continued to remain stoned due to my friends' "they wont test you" and "aww cmon, just get high". Finally on March 2nd, I said I was done (a month and a few days before my b-day) FOR GOOD. Fortunately, at this time, I've been sober for almost 9 weeks, but unfortunately I've had some hard times.

About 4 weeks ago, I got a really bad what-seemed-to-be cold. So about 3 weeks ago, my dad took me to the doc, but he couldnt do anything. First he thought I had an ear infection, handed out some pills, but nothing got better. So then he gave me allergy medicine about 2 weeks ago. Nothing. I've come to the conclusion, after reading some posts on the subject, that weed has weakened my immune system...but if so, why did I never get sick while it was in my system?

So after getting bad urges to get a buzz, I got really piss-drunk a few times in the past weeks, but Alcohol is NOT a good substitute for weed. I get bad stomach cramps and feel really fuzzy for a few days afterward (always felt 100% next morning after getting stoned).

So, almost 3 weeks after dropping off applications, I'm starting to dread my decision to go sober and miss 420 and all that. I would settle for shrooms, but in late winter/early spring in IL, shrooms are kinda non existant. I'm pretty much to the point of saying "fuck it" and going back, but I need a job (im sorry, i cant settle for a shit job like McD's or BK) cuz I'm gonna have to pay car insurance in about a month.

I really need your guys' input on if I should give up and go back, or not, or just ideas on my whole sobriety.

Thanks for reading this...I appreciated any attention given to this subject.

--------------------
I like heavy metal, shrooms, and weed...well, i havent tryed shrooms yet, but someday I will, once summer comes 'round...

Schmokin weed....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: SabbathSmoker]
    #1514360 - 05/02/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Dude just get the job first, find out if they want a piss test, if not sweet for you, but just wait till you get that job. Think of how mad you'll be if you lose out on an awesome job cuz of one puff......

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: Gillette]
    #1514394 - 05/02/03 11:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sobriety is a bitch man. I'm working on it half-assed right now, trying to stay off the white. Just set those little goals for yourself...Maybe until you get a job is too much. Maybe next time you finish an interview? Every little bit helps....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Anonymous #1

Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1514649 - 05/02/03 01:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

stay sober till you get a job. you obviously dont want to quit pot for other reasons so waiting till the job comes is hard...but you will feel really good about yourself once you have a job...then sit down and roast a big bowl....it will be a lot better than giving into temptation, stay strong and you'll be alright....you are already half way there !! =)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1514800 - 05/02/03 02:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sobriety isn't hell. Relax :smile:

Sobriety is tripped-out in many of its own ways

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.

Loc: Patriots Nation
Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: Strumpling]
    #1514855 - 05/02/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think you need a good slap in the head.
You have the rest of your life to get fucked up, and drinkin, smokin and eatin schrooms isnt gonna help you achieve goals in your life that you dont even know you have.
Hows this for a reality check.
I used to smoke dope, and drink booze when i was 16, and i thought i was the shit...so did all my friends.
Wanna know how many of my so-called friends are either dead, in jail, or home right now wondering why there so fucked up, without a job, a life, etc...
Almost all of them.
I was lucky, because i saw the light, and got away for 5 years...got my shit together, grew up, and made a life for myself.
So now, if i smoke, drink or eat schrroms, i have no issues because I busted my fuckin ass clawing my way back up and i live a pretty good life.

If only i had woken up when i was 16 instead of 19, some of the terrible things that happened to me and some of my so-called friends may have never happened.

Get your priorities straight, and get your life on the right track...then you can have as much fun as you want.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but at your age, you dont know your ass from your elbow, and neither did I.
Life isnt that hard..
Good luck.

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1515507 - 05/02/03 06:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sobriety is hell.

Is it sobriety that's hell, or is it your psychological addiction to marijuana?

You have a choice to make. I wish I could give you a starting push in the right direction, but I can't. You're the one in control.

Good luck, and think of the consequences of your acts.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Anonymous #1

#1515574 - 05/02/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Ok, I've been smoking weed for about 2 years (jan/feb of 2001), and with my upcoming 16th birthday..."

sooooooo... you're 15 years old?

"By use of The Shroomery Website or BBS, you are verifying that you are 18 years of age or older. This site is not intended for minors, so if you are under the age of 18, please come back when you can meet this requirement."

Shroomery Disclaimer

Anonymous #1

Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: ]
    #1515699 - 05/02/03 08:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ahhhhhhhhhhhh why????

that is a disclaimer...for legal reasons...nice jumping on his back.

Anonymous #1

#1515717 - 05/02/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yes, and if you're 15 and you're going to post here, you should at least be discreet enough to not post your age.

i'm 20. if i go to a bar and i get in and get served, i know better than to tell the bartender how old i am while asking for a drink.

OfflineSabbathSmoker
MetalGod
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
    #1515986 - 05/02/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your input, guys. I just got a call today from one of the places I applied at...got an interview Sunday. Wish me luck. I am getting hella baked after i get my drug test (if I get one). I already got 60 bucks saved.

And about the age bullshit, whats the problem? For the story background, I needed to put my age in here. So fuckin what. Do you honestly think that a mod or someone else will do something? I came here for help, not to buy smokes or anything...so age shouldnt be a factor.

Oh well, thanks again for your input. I'll be back in the garden of weeden soon...hopefully.

--------------------
I like heavy metal, shrooms, and weed...well, i havent tryed shrooms yet, but someday I will, once summer comes 'round...

Schmokin weed....

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1518380 - 05/03/03 11:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You need to take heed to what cerebral gortex said. You're only 15. For real, man if you're this dependant on just weed, I would hate to see how you will be once you start harder drugs (and you will, if you dont slow down now). Trust me, man. Do you know how many people I know are living shitty, pathetic lives because they let drug addictions take hold of them? Every single person my age in my old town is a meth addict, they're all living shitty lives, working shitty minimum waige jobs, no college education at all. Shit, most of them don't even have a HS degree. They have no future, they have no past, they really don't even have a present. Before they know it, they'll be middle aged crackheads with nowhere to go. Man I don't wish that upon anyone, especially young people like yourself. It really does break my heart. Don't ever think it won't happen to you, because it will, and you won't even realize it until it's too late.

Don't get me wrong though-getting stoned, popping pills, tripping, all that shit IS fun! but not when it consumes you. Imagine if Christmas was everyday... it wouldn't be so special then, would it? MODERATION. Get your priorities straight. Set goals and once you acheive them, then award yourself with a bowl or a joint.

Anyway, I hope I didn't sound like a bitch, I just care for people. I don't want to sound like a dare cop either, I'm just someone who has found this shit out the hard way. I don't want to sound like your mom either, but keep in mind I cared about you enough to take time to write this for you, and I don't even know ya.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors! :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
Re: Sobriety Is Hell *DELETED* [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1518960 - 05/04/03 06:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted

Edited by Absolut_B (05/30/05 05:28 AM)

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Sobriety Is Hell [Re: Absolut_B]
    #1523279 - 05/05/03 11:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

www.urinetheclear.com has saved me from 6 probation pisstests, four job tests, and my parents checking me once when I was younger.  Their is something  I like about taking a piss test stoned as a motherfucker, adn still passing it :smile:

JR

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being