Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
the Project for a New American Century
    #1507788 - 04/30/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The Project for The New American Century Report that was written in September 2000 comes right out and says that overthrowing the regime of Saddam Hussein is simply the immediate justification for establishing a permenant military presence in the Persian Gulf region. Doing so is, itself, just part of the process of establishing (to quote the report) "global US military preeminance". Now, the Statement of Principles of the PNAC was signed by Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and Libby, all of whom are now senior officials of George Dubya's cabinet AND former members of Bush SENIOR'S cabinet as well. In fact, Wolfowitz and Libby co-authored the precursor to the PNAC report in 1992, which was known simply as the Defence Policy Guidelines (DPG) document. It outline most of the goals that were later outlined in the PNAC report, which actually makes several direct references to the DPG.

A secret blueprint for US global domination reveals that President Bush and his cabinet were planning a premeditated attack on Iraq to secure 'regime change' even before he took power in January 2001.

The blueprint, uncovered by the Sunday Herald, for the creation of a 'global Pax Americana' was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice- president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), George W Bush's younger brother Jeb and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences: Strategies, Forces And Resources For A New Century, was written in September 2000 by the neo-conservative think-tank Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says: 'The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.'

The PNAC document supports a 'blueprint for maintaining global US pre-eminence, precluding the rise of a great power rival, and shaping the international security order in line with American principles and interests'.

This 'American grand strategy' must be advanced for 'as far into the future as possible', the report says. It also calls for the US to 'fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars' as a 'core mission'.

The report describes American armed forces abroad as 'the cavalry on the new American frontier'. The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document written by Wolfowitz and Libby that said the US must 'discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role'.

The PNAC report also:

refers to key allies such as the UK as 'the most effective and efficient means of exercising American global leadership';

describes peace-keeping missions as 'demanding American political leadership rather than that of the United Nations';

reveals worries in the administration that Europe could rival the USA;

says 'even should Saddam pass from the scene' bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will remain permanently -- despite domestic opposition in the Gulf regimes to the stationing of US troops -- as 'Iran may well prove as large a threat to US interests as Iraq has';

spotlights China for 'regime change' saying 'it is time to increase the presence of American forces in southeast Asia'. This, it says, may lead to 'American and allied power providing the spur to the process of democratisation in China';

calls for the creation of 'US Space Forces', to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent 'enemies' using the internet against the US;hints that, despite threatening war against Iraq for developing weapons of mass destruction, the US may consider developing biological weapons -- which the nation has banned -- in decades to come. It says: 'New methods of attack -- electronic, 'non-lethal', biological -- will be more widely available ... combat likely will take place in new dimensions, in space, cyberspace, and perhaps the world of microbes ... advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool'

and pinpoints North Korea, Libya, Syria and Iran as dangerous regimes and says their existence justifies the creation of a 'world-wide command-and-control system'.

Tam Dalyell, the Labour MP, father of the House of Commons and one of the leading rebel voices against war with Iraq, said:

'This is garbage from right-wing think-tanks stuffed with chicken-hawks -- men who have never seen the horror of war but are in love with the idea of war. Men like Cheney, who were draft-dodgers in the Vietnam war.

'This is a blueprint for US world domination -- a new world order of their making. These are the thought processes of fantasist Americans who want to control the world. I am appalled that a British Labour Prime Minister should have got into bed with a crew which has this moral standing.'

Weapons of Mass Destruction? No, you've been duped.
War for Oil? Close, but no cigar.

US foreign policy is one of empire-and-world-police-building and pretexts for such. They call it "Pax Americana."

The reason for the invasion and occupation of Iraq right straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: iglou]
    #1507888 - 04/30/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

America should try and remain a superpower? No news flash there.

The Middle East is important for this goal? Wow, I had no idea.

North Korea, Libya, and Iraq are dangerous regimes? Good thing someone told em that, phew....

Heh, what exactly is the point of this? It sounds like a decent plan to me....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1508189 - 04/30/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The truth about 9/11 can be found on p63 of Rebuilding America's Defenses:
Quote:

Further, the process of transformation,
even if it brings revolutionary change, is
likely to be a long one, absent some
catastrophic and catalyzing event ? like a
new Pearl Harbor.

Cheney, Rummy, and Wolfy knew at the very least.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1508204 - 04/30/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Cheney, Rummy, and Wolfy knew at the very least. "

So your saying that Cheny, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz, all CONSERVATIVES, allowed 9/11 to happen because it would bring about CHANGE? Please, any idiot knows better than that. They're all 3 fucking RICH out of their minds. You think they want "Revolutionary change"? If you want to indict the president's men, there are plenty of valid reasons. Dont make up new ones that have no basis on fact, please.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1508298 - 04/30/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So your saying that Cheny, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz, all CONSERVATIVES, allowed 9/11 to happen because it would bring about CHANGE? Please, any idiot knows better than that. They're all 3 fucking RICH out of their minds. You think they want "Revolutionary change"? If you want to indict the president's men, there are plenty of valid reasons. Dont make up new ones that have no basis on fact, please.

So your saying thats not whats written in the draught?? Maybe you should read it before you get started with all your simple-minded name calling. And yes, RICH [NEO-]CONSERVATIVES do want Revolutionary CHANGE when it makes them RICHER!!

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/30/03 04:15 PM)

Anonymous

#1508328 - 04/30/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

being conservative has little to do with change. conservatives would just as soon change things to their liking as liberal would to theirs.

i think our government did a shitty job in preventing the september 11th attacks. i would even go so far as to say that their negligence was intentional.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: ]
    #1508362 - 04/30/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

::: insert shameless link to related thread here :::

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1508457 - 04/30/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

They aren't conservatives. They're NEO-conservatives. There's a difference.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: silversoul7]
    #1508555 - 04/30/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And I still remain un-enlightened as to what this said "revolutionary change" is. Are you holding me in suspense until I buy the book?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1508572 - 04/30/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And I still remain un-enlightened as to what this said "revolutionary change" is. Are you holding me in suspense until I buy the book?

The "revolutionary change" is essentially the U.S. taking over the world. This revolution is already well on its way.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1508577 - 04/30/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They aren't really neo-cons. Neo-cons are people Like David Horowitz, who had at one time been leftists. The term is just misapplied here.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1508581 - 04/30/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So, Planes flying into the WTC is gonna help America take over the world...I dont see how. The President could have invaded Iraq without such a move, even he doesnt claim that Iraq was involved in 9/11. If we wanted to rule the world, we could. Its that simple. We have no incentive to play nice.

And whats so great about world domination? Already the world buys our products without us having the problem of day to day administration. What are they gonna do in 2 years when the new Democratic president de-rails their initiative?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1508601 - 04/30/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So, Planes flying into the WTC is gonna help America take over the world...I dont see how. The President could have invaded Iraq without such a move, even he doesnt claim that Iraq was involved in 9/11. If we wanted to rule the world, we could. Its that simple. We have no incentive to play nice.

If you kept track of the news, the administration tried as hard as they possibly could to link Saddam with Al Queda. And as far as incentives to play nice, don't you think public opinion is enough incentive. 9/11 made Americans truly afraid for their lives, which made them much more supportive of military action against any country they're told is a threat.

Quote:

And whats so great about world domination? Already the world buys our products without us having the problem of day to day administration.

I personally don't like the idea of world domination, but if you go to their website, you can see that that's what they want.

Quote:

What are they gonna do in 2 years when the new Democratic president de-rails their initiative?

I believe they plan on having Bush get re-elected.

--------------------

Edited by silversoul7 (04/30/03 05:26 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1508672 - 04/30/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"If you kept track of the news, the administration tried as hard as they possibly could to link Saddam with Al Queda. "

I do, and they did. Try that is. I believe Ari Fleischer was asked just this question the other day and said that while the White House knows Iraq was supporting terrorists, they had no proof.

"I believe they plan on having Bush get re-elected. "

I'm sure they do plan on it. But do you really think it will happen? It seems kind of short-sighted to have a big ol' conspiracy like this and just take a flying leap on the one thing that could mess the whole thing up.

--------------------

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1511462 - 05/01/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

America should try and remain a superpower? No news flash there.

The Middle East is important for this goal? Wow, I had no idea.

North Korea, Libya, and Iraq are dangerous regimes? Good thing someone told em that, phew....

Heh, what exactly is the point of this? It sounds like a decent plan to me....

The point is there are often hidden agendas within statist foreign policy that blossom and materialize with the aid of pretext and manufacturing public consent.

In this particular case, the "cabal" of the PNAC put forth the agenda of empire-building several years ago (Pax Americana, in their words). Such an endeavor would require "a new Pearl Harbor" (whether or not the Bush administration organized Sept. 11 or had prior knowledge is debatable - I personally think they had prior knowledge and let it occur, possibly not knowing the full extent of the attacks. A historical political gamble, if you will).

The invasion of Iraq was planned well before September 11th and before Bush was "s-elected" and could only be implemented with the pretext of WMD and terrorist links. Evidence was fabricated and/or exaggerated. Look into Powells address and presentation to the United Nations a few weeks before the start of the invasion. Intelligence shows that the greatest source of WMD are the unsecure facilities of the former Soviet Union - note that the US is not interested in securing these ruins where we know with 100% certainity there are weapons available to terrorists.

The invasion of Iraq was a intentional display of great military might against a starved and incredibly weak nation. By completely over-running and conquering Iraq, the Bush Administration was saying to the world, "do not deviate from the Washington consensus or else you'll pay." Keep in mind the Vietnam-era doctrine (note Kissinger's great influence on the Bush administration) of "playing the madman." In other words, nation-states (particularly superpowers) must display great irrationality and military superiority in smaller theatres in order to send a message to other superpowers.

Note also the overt Zionist tendencies and affilitations of Wolfowitz and Perrle. They absolutely support Israel and will gear American foreign policy towards its protection and domination. The spectacle of Iraq sends a clear message to the Islamic nations to accept the ethnic cleansing and domination of Zionist Israel (the self-proclaimed "chosen people").

The Bush administration and the neo-conservatives are pushing for empire, to be a "global police force," the latest world order. A major step towards that objective is controlling the Middle East via militarism and political fear. Oil itself and profiteering is not their desire as some on the left believe; rather it is control or great influence over what nation has access to such oil.

The point is there is a great opportunity for global domination after the collapse of the Soviet Union. And the supporters of such policy as the PNAC are doing everything to bring about their own empire.

Edited by iglou (05/01/03 01:36 PM)

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: wingnutx]
    #1511472 - 05/01/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They aren't really neo-cons. Neo-cons are people Like David Horowitz, who had at one time been leftists. The term is just misapplied here.

True, the Bush administration is not entirely neo-conservative. The Reaganites Cheney and Rumsfield are conservatives, while Wolfowitz and Perrle are neo-conservatives. Bush, himself, is merely a spokesperson, a pretty-face with name recognition.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1511479 - 05/01/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its only a gamble if they don't have every major presidential hopeful in their pocket. Repulican - Democrat, do you really think there is that big of a difference? They just lie about different things. As long as everyone gets paid and thinks they are in control, they'll stay a part of the game.

When they control the television, the newspapers, the billboards, the radio waves, and all the other intrusive mediums that reach in to everyone's perspectives, you can be nothing but disoriented and confused...

--------------------

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: the Project for a New American Century [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1511524 - 05/01/03 01:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When they control the television, the newspapers, the billboards, the radio waves, and all the other intrusive mediums that reach in to everyone's perspectives, you can be nothing but disoriented and confused...

Did you notice how the Bush administration gave special attention and affection toward the "embedded journalists" while at the same time their military were attacking and intimidating foreign and independent journalists?

The Bush administration wanted to filter the coverage of their invasion and discourage independent/foreign coverage. After the shelling of the Palestine Hotel (where un-"embedded" journalists were widely-known to be staying) the Department of Defense came out said effectively "...outside media is not safe nor welcome in Baghdad. Go home."

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1512191 - 05/01/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"In this particular case, the "cabal" of the PNAC put forth the agenda of empire-building several years ago (Pax Americana, in their words). "

And George Bush 1 put forth an agenda of the New World Order over 10 years ago. That hasnt come to pass yet. Just how long are you planning on waiting for "World Domination"?

"Such an endeavor would require "a new Pearl Harbor"

I still fail to see why. What did they gain by this? Besides shattering the U.S. economy and giving conspiracy theorists something to talk about?

"note that the US is not interested in securing these ruins where we know with 100% certainity there are weapons available to terrorists. "

Oh, no. Thats why we spend hundreds of millions of dollars every in the joint program with the Russians to monitor and destroy their nuclear weapons, as well as train their military to guard those that are operational. Do you do ANY research before you make statements?

"By completely over-running and conquering Iraq, the Bush Administration was saying to the world, "do not deviate from the Washington consensus or else you'll pay.""

So, by your somewhat dubious logic, we should be invading France next? Hmm...Whadday think? Pas-de-Calais? Or should we try Normandy again?

"They absolutely support Israel and will gear American foreign policy towards its protection and domination. "

Could this be because Israel is the only stable, democratic, pro-U.S government in the region?? What should we be doing, Giving military aid to Syria? Iran? Blatant anti-semitism has no place here.

"The Bush administration and the neo-conservatives are pushing for empire, to be a "global police force," the latest world order. "

Is it news to you that the United States has been the "Global Police Force" of the world since the end of WW2? Its not like this is something "New for '02". Get your mind out of your conspiracy theorist books, read a page or 2 of history, and maybe you'll be able to make a bit better of a point next time.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1512202 - 05/01/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

at the same time their military were attacking and intimidating foreign and independent journalists?

Dream on.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom