Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePhalanxx
Stranger
Loc: Europe
"DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms *DELETED*
    #1505005 - 04/29/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Leprachaun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: [Re: Phalanxx]
    #1505061 - 04/29/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i tend to try and not theorize/speculate on too much anymore because i have come to believe that very little can be known for certain, and probabilities and what if's no longer take up much of mental life. i did however have something along the lines of which you speak happen to me when i was tripping on mescaline way back when, A friend and i climbed up into the light/control centre in the auditorium of our school....it was sort of a gaping aperture with a very nice(and very high up) view of the stage. i remember saying to my friend what a trip it would be to jump out but at the time i had no thoughts of suicide at all, just the idea of descending through the air was really appealing....i didn't even consider the consequences of my actions(splat) if i had have done so. Fortunately he had his wits about him and dissuaded me. i honestly didn't feel it was anything "evil" influencing me, i just really wanted to feel that freedom of flying through the air.....

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1505197 - 04/29/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just because you had that experience, does not make it true, infact I think it is quite bizzare. Those psychic forces are all within you, and you are comming up with all those theories about the so called "spirit world". Killing yourself would just destroy the negative producing energies which help produce you, I see it as a selfish act that doesn't have a good purpose. I think those stories would increase the chance of me of having delusional states.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms [Re: Phalanxx]
    #1505310 - 04/29/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I tend not to believe those kinds of stories. For instance, the one where the guy supposedly "cuts his own face off" you can read about Here.

There is a world of difference between thinking about these things and actually carrying them out. That being said, i'd suggest that someone who thinks about burning themselves alive while tripping probably shouldn't be using drugs. Just a thought.

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1505668 - 04/29/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think your ideas can be interpreted as a way to test reality by doing the most insane things you can think about.

I too have had horific thoughts and ideas. I have made the choice not to do anything that is final, in any sense, while on mushrooms.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1507061 - 04/30/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

psychedelics break down the minds barrier so anything can happen...

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1507499 - 04/30/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OMG dude. When you trip you're like me on DXM. I almost cut my hand off on that shit. Best thing to do with drugs that affect you like that is never do them again.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1508322 - 04/30/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Never happened to me but I haven't done much, if I had those thoughts there's no way in hell I'd ever do them again.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1509070 - 04/30/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ledzeplin86 and Rail Gun both have sane advice for you my friend. And from my own clinical point of view I suggest psychotherapy to help you reframe that unruly Thanatos (Death-wish) that is possibly darkening (occulting) an otherwise healthy spiritual need for ego death and transcendence. The extreme level of morbidity that you describe, like self-immolation, without an attending emotion of horror, is a warning sign to me.

Whether one calls it a demon or an autonomous complex - both name games may describe the same destructive phenomenon, and in either case, I would not ignore these suicidal ideations if I were you. I also
suggest not to lower your ego-defenses with drugs at this point of your life, but to do so under observation of a therapist who can help redirect the direction of your life.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1510478 - 05/01/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i once stood on the north rim of the grand canyon, staring down, for about 5 min during an intense acid experience pondering whether or not the ride down would be worth the instantaneous blink into nothingness that [i thought at the time] would occur once i hit the ground.

after this, i decided to take a break from drugs, not just from acid. i haven't done much acid since.

i'm not one to automaticaly assume that substance induced detremental behavior always warrents permanent renouncement, but it usualy does suggest time for a good, life afirming break.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (05/01/03 04:52 AM)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1511182 - 05/01/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've got to disagree about advising anyone to see a therapist. That IMO should be reserved for true emergencies and marital counseling. If this guy goes to a shink and says he's tripping and contemplating suicide all the time he's going to get his ass committed. I've seen it happen before. I know someone very well that went to a shrink and left in an ambulance with 2 pigs on the way to the nut farm. Last theng this guy needs is an involuntary committment.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineLyte it Up 420
It's 4:19...Gota minute?

Loc: New york
    #1511213 - 05/01/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thats true... if u tell a therapist u are having suicidal thoughts they will commit u, is why i never tell them if i have suicidal thoughts, even if i do, as long as u dont act on them, but if it becomes a regular thing that happens every time then u should prolly try and cut back or get help

--------------------
"Are you suicidal?"
"Only in the morning."
---------------------------------------
"I only lied about being a thief."

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1511954 - 05/01/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know where you guys live, but I deal with this stuff all the time. My own license doesn't permit me to involuntarily commit - called Baker Acting - so I get a police officer or a medical doctor. However, suicidal ideation alone doesn't meet the requirement. A plan does, or clearly suicidal actions. If someone IS suicidal, then [s]he needs to be restrained, evaluated and observed for up to 72 hours. What do you think, that it's better for someone to commit suicide than to be committed? Crisis Intervention facilities are hardly "nut farms," and police officers are helping both me and my client. Last week an officer went the extra mile to offer his personal appearance at a 14 year old wrist-cutter's home, 24/7 if she needed assistance. This was in front of me and her parents. He was a compassionate human being, and was quite eloquent in his delivery, for which I complimented him. Hardly a "pig."

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1512049 - 05/01/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My own mother was in one of these mental hospitals, a nut farm. If anyone has the right to use the phrase I do. Some of these psychiatrist pieces of shit will even falsify a report of suicidal thought so they can commit a patient and get paid mucho denero for the inpatient service from their insurance. Unless you're gonna die stay away from these shinks unless you want their henchmen, the pigs, to take you away.

--------------------

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
    #1514985 - 05/02/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone ever read that trip report on erowid about a guy who trips on acid, thinks he gets possesed, and then somehow passes the 'posession' onto his non-tripping girlfriend? That is the freakiest shit I've read on that site

--------------------

InvisiblePhalanxx
Stranger
Loc: Europe
Re: *DELETED* [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #1515932 - 05/02/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Leprachaun

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: [Re: Phalanxx]
    #1517182 - 05/03/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I always go easy on the psycadelics after similar experiences I thought I was Insane and I was seeing blood ect... (long story).

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1517771 - 05/03/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it's clear that you are not about to listen to reason, based upon your singular, yet emotionally-laden experience. Anger, fear, suspicion bordering on paranoia. I've got news for you - just because hspitals bill a lot, doesn't mean that insurance companies pay a lot. I had an ER admission for 13 hours last year. A $5100.00 bill was issued by the hospital to my insurance company. The insurance company paid the hospital less than $700.00. Seems you've got a problem with authority in general.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #1517782 - 05/03/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, I've got a good one from my college days: Two long-hairs (down to their butts) were arrested for cannabalism. While handcuffed, one guy was able to retrieve a bottle of liquid LSD from his jeans, and drink the whole thing. Before the incredulous eyes of the arresting officers...the man became translucent, transparent, and vanished before their very eyes, leaving only his clothes in a fallen pile on the sidewalk. Hey, it could happen - it was California.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies